Quantcast

Truly important stuff

Our toaster oven, a Delonghi, just croaked. Its primary use was making toast, followed by warming up small food portions. It kind of sucked in the making toast department - towards the end of a toasting cycle, a thermostat would kick in and out, effectively stopping the toasting.

What do you use and how well does it work?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a kitchenAid. It is large for a toaster oven, but I use it for most of my oven needs. The drawback of being large is that it takes a while to get up to temp, at least compared to a toaster, or small toaster oven.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went through 4 or 5 toaster ovens and failed in finding one that wasn't a POS. I bought a cheap regular toaster and it works fine. Toshi wouldn't like it though because it doesn't have wifi.
How else are you going to live monitor and trend your toasting performance? I manually entered data into an Access database...

in 1996.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You guys must really like toast

And if that is not a toaster, than what the fuck is it?
It's not a toaster oven. Thus the vertical slots. :D

Not having to push a mechanical lever to lower one's toast is quite the luxury. (I would have settled for one without this bauble but Jessica's mom has this one and it seems to work well.)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's not a toaster oven. Thus the vertical slots. :D

Not having to push a mechanical lever to lower one's toast is quite the luxury. (I would have settled for one without this bauble but Jessica's mom has this one and it seems to work well.)
This is why America is fat.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Our toaster oven, a Delonghi, just croaked. Its primary use was making toast, followed by warming up small food portions. It kind of sucked in the making toast department - towards the end of a toasting cycle, a thermostat would kick in and out, effectively stopping the toasting.

We inherited one from Buffalo's late Granny. It is still working great! White plastic thing... nothing fancy!

We just upgraded to this bad boy:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TSVHU2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It is decidedly not a toaster oven but toasts toast quite evenly, although it does come out a touch dry.
That is so far beyond necessary it's not funny. This is a robot, not a toaster!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Laid-back, greased-up Lesbians in a Grease fire, eating lightly buttered Toast. Sometimes with Grape Jam.

Grease Fire: of course raging out of control, but - they're Lesbians not Fire Marshals.

I have to barf.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.

you and your first world problems. sheesh