Quantcast

truly stupid lawsuit complaint...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
check it out.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...52917#poststop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

My name is Cindy Howell. Last month, I purchased a pair of Ryders XTR sunglasses. While wearing them cycling, I slipped as I came to a stop and brushed my face on the ground. I caught myself with my arms without receiving a single scratch with the exception my face. The sharp casting lines in the Ryders bridge piece severely cut my nose. The replaceable lens popped out, exposing the sharp lens guide that gouged the side of my nose and lip. I currently have no feeling in the bridge of my nose and I am now facing reconstructive surgery to remove a disfiguring scar.

Since Ryders has opted to not accept any responsibility nor help with my medical bills, my husband and I have made the tough decision to bring a legal action against Ryders. If you or any of your friends have sustained Ryders related injuries, would you be kind enough to contact me. We have a website detailing more information at www.tallgrassconsulting.com/Ryders .

Thanks in advance for your help,
Cindy Howell
Branson, MO

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
from the looks of her.
i'd say the marks from the fall are an improvement.

i'd hate to think of how many people are running around out there just looking for something to happen in their pathetic little lives so they can sue someone. :mumble:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dhbuilder said:
from the looks of her.
i'd say the marks from the fall are an improvement.

i'd hate to think of how many people are running around out there just looking for something to happen in their pathetic little lives so they can sue someone. :mumble:
Well, Ive been waiting for someone to nail me in traffic so I can get a new car already. Kind of teh same thing.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BurlyShirley said:
Well, Ive been waiting for someone to nail me in traffic so I can get a new car already. Kind of teh same thing.
Same deal.

I had a sheriffs deputy hit me up in Pisgah a few years back. I took the $800 from the insurance company, replaced a busted headlight for $10 and have been living with a busted grill ever since.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
dirtydirtysouf said:

RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
No sh*t that's an improvement.....

That's it??? I have worse scars than that on my leg from my crash at DV......and I never went to the hospital...didn't even cross my mind....

Now that I think about it, I think I'll sue the little rock that is still embedded in my thigh....He'll definitely pay up....cause he's a NORBA rock.....:nopity:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
DRB said:
Why do you need feeling on the bridge of your nose? For that matter I'm not sure I have feeling there either.
Apparently, for the matter of feeling the hairs of her unibrow grow.... Pretty sure no feeling on the bridge of my nose is better than just being able to feel dull pressure on my left knee for the past year and a half....but that's just me...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
How many of us on this board would post a similar picture of our busted nose on Monday morning to display proudly the weekend's carnage?

Most I gather.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
jdschall said:
How many of us on this board would post a similar picture of our busted nose on Monday morning to display proudly the weekend's carnage?

Most I gather.
oh man.
you beat me to the punch on that one.

(b.t.w. they have a big new sign at the entrance to cherokee caverns.
heck i never even knew that place was there.)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
dhbuilder said:
oh man.
you beat me to the punch on that one.

(b.t.w. they have a big new sign at the entrance to cherokee caverns.
heck i never even knew that place was there.)

Back in the 70's it used to be a hide-out / party place for a pretty nasty motorcycle gang. They did a lot of serious damage to the formations found in the cave. Stuff that will take 1000's of years to fix itself. It was really a terrible loss. The owners went in and sealed the entrance with a big concrete bunker and steel doors to keep the roughnecks out. I got to tour the place when I was in middle school in the mid-eighties as a part of a spelunking club. Since then several different owners have tried to open it for commercial tours. I remember a few years when it was open as a haunted house around Halloween.

If it's open and you get a chance stop by and check it out you should. It may not be as pristine as some places like Cumberland or even the Lost Sea but the formations that are left as good or better than any of the other local caves.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
DRB said:
Why do you need feeling on the bridge of your nose? For that matter I'm not sure I have feeling there either.
I would like to pee a steady stream onto her snout and ask her if it feels warm or cool. You know, just to see how badly she is injured.

I've seen better looking heads on cabbage.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i went over there and perused the site until i found those two idiots.

talk about two snivelin whiners.

i saw alot of monkeys names over there though. (doubledippers)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
Too leafy.
I prefer cantaloupe for the squish.

i found only a watermelon could handle the length. :rofl:
but hey. if a cantaloupe works for you......

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
One thing to point out that is that if you compare Ryders, which are the cheapest "cycling" glasses on the market, to lets say Oakley, the construction is much higher on the Oakleys, naturally.

While face-planting is not exactly conducive to facial injuries, I wonder if she was wearing a better quality of eyeglass, she would not have have received cuts at the sharp points lens and frame.

On the hand, she could have ponied up another $100 and gotten a pair of Racing Jacket or M-Frames.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
rideit said:
check it out.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...52917#poststop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

My name is Cindy Howell. Last month, I purchased a pair of Ryders XTR sunglasses. While wearing them cycling, I slipped as I came to a stop and brushed my face on the ground. I caught myself with my arms without receiving a single scratch with the exception my face. The sharp casting lines in the Ryders bridge piece severely cut my nose. The replaceable lens popped out, exposing the sharp lens guide that gouged the side of my nose and lip. I currently have no feeling in the bridge of my nose and I am now facing reconstructive surgery to remove a disfiguring scar.

Since Ryders has opted to not accept any responsibility nor help with my medical bills, my husband and I have made the tough decision to bring a legal action against Ryders. If you or any of your friends have sustained Ryders related injuries, would you be kind enough to contact me. We have a website detailing more information at www.tallgrassconsulting.com/Ryders .

Thanks in advance for your help,
Cindy Howell
Branson, MO
Link no workie.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
DRB said:
No doubt. That's a major league badge of honor.
WERD......

what I have to say to this lady can be summed up with......

Movement and lack of skill + Ground = Carnage :teacher:

and you are sueing?

:nonono:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
rideit said:
I live how a RM thread can go from spastic hicks frivolously suing to the merits of different fruits and vegetables for masturbation.
Kudos.

Don't forget deep dark caves. Everybody loves deep dark caves.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
These tools aside...

Did anybody actually look at the picture of the glasses they posted on their website? It's a crappy picture I realize but they do actually have sharp edges where the bridge and the lenses attach. It's obviously a pretty poor design. So obvious that you might not want to wear them in any situation where you might get smacked in the face.

So in some cases things are designed poorly and injure / kill people. Take for instance those cribs that killed babies because the mattress shifted and allowed the baby to suffocate. Obviously the people who designed that thing should have the pants sued of them. But it's a spectrum right? You shouldn't sue when you stub your toe on the sidewalk, I think we can all agree.

I'm not so sure about these glasses and where they fit on this spectrum. They aren't advertised as safety glasses yet you would assume that they shouldn't make a potentially minor injury worse.

Just a thought.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, anythin w/ a sharp edge can **** you up though. There was a post on MTBR where a guy cut his whole ****ing NOSE OFF with the visor of his helmet.
Anyone got a link to that?

Anyway, a disc rotor seems like its hungry for fingers. I wonder why no one has sued?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
jdschall said:
These tools aside...

Did anybody actually look at the picture of the glasses they posted on their website? It's a crappy picture I realize but they do actually have sharp edges where the bridge and the lenses attach. It's obviously a pretty poor design. So obvious that you might not want to wear them in any situation where you might get smacked in the face.

So in some cases things are designed poorly and injure / kill people. Take for instance those cribs that killed babies because the mattress shifted and allowed the baby to suffocate. Obviously the people who designed that thing should have the pants sued of them. But it's a spectrum right? You shouldn't sue when you stub your toe on the sidewalk, I think we can all agree.

I'm not so sure about these glasses and where they fit on this spectrum. They aren't advertised as safety glasses yet you would assume that they shouldn't make a potentially minor injury worse.

Just a thought.
here we are having a perfaectly good e-lynching, and you go and come up with this.
jdschall, you dissappoint me.:rolleyes:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I slipped as I came to a stop and brushed my face on the ground.
Can someone draw a diagram for me, because I'm having a hard time visualizing this one :rofl:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BeerDemon said:
Can someone draw a diagram for me, because I'm having a hard time visualizing this one :rofl:
yes,
i do believe a video re-enactment is in order.
they can post it on their lame little website, so we might laugh a little longer.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
sounds like another lawyer on a phishing expedition to me. I fully agree with the tuff luck sentiment. I wonder, can I get her lawyer to sue Wellgo? I had some Wellgo platform pedals and I was out dirt jumping and well, I now have a bunch of scars on my shins and calves. Cha-Ching!

Apparently she is also posting up here bike forums Ryders Eyewear Injuries
Funny how her name is always Ryders Injuries. Farkin lawyers.........