velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Search for Kabayaki, most eel in the US at asian markets has been cooked and should be frozen preflavored (eel sauce is like US teriyaki sauce, while authentic teriyaki has the viscosity of soy sauce and was traditionally used to poach white fish) in a bag.

Where does one procure unagi, anyway?
we don’t actually have a proper fishmonger, just a yuppie grocery.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Since you are culinary-minded, 1 cup soy to 1 cup mirin (or sake) 1/2 cup brown sugar (more if going for a sauce than a poaching liquid) a dash of rice vinegar for about 2# of protein. Any white fish turns out great.

Add a little worcestershire sauce if doing beef, same basic poaching liquid works great for niku jyaga (Japanese meat and potatoes) philly cheese steak thin (I prefer ribeye for flavor) and carrots and kabocha if you can.

Always start with the minimal amount of sugar and add as needed.

My wife studied in Kyoto through Stanford/Dartmouth, she speakie some Japonaise

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The Japanese food to beat in Denver is Matsuhisa. wagyu mmmmm

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Does Matsuhisa mean “if you have to ask, you can’t afford it” in Japanese?
It's not that bad in the grand scheme. But expensive for Denver, yeah. Figure $200/head easy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's not that bad in the grand scheme. But expensive for Denver, yeah. Figure $200/head easy.

I am curious to see what is bad in your grand scheme. For context, that is equivalent to 27.5 hours of labor for someone making minimum wage.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am curious to see what is bad in your grand scheme. For context, that is equivalent to 27.5 hours of labor for someone making minimum wage.
Herbfarm or, worse yet, French Laundry.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Herbfarm or, worse yet, French Laundry.
I feel like I can say with confidence, that unless you are getting a rub and tug in the restroom, this is fully in play.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ouch.

Literally.
shouldn't be too bad if you take the time to make sure everything's nice and sharp

If you can make your innards into something expensive, toshi and rideit will probably pay to eat it.

prolly a poopdeck but apparently trump has raised 170M on all this 'stop the steal' grift. These idiots who are under the impression that he is a successful business man are willing that into existence. They're giving rich people money. And it didn't even really have to be masked too heavily as something else.

Whether he runs or not we're done. We're too stupid to live. The russo-sino invasions will be interesting. I hope it's not too painful.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
prolly a poopdeck but apparently trump has raised 170M on all this 'stop the steal' grift. These idiots who are under the impression that he is a successful business man are willing that into existence. They're giving rich people money. And it didn't even really have to be masked too heavily as something else.
i saw that figure the other day. what a bunch of fucking rubes.

i'll bet you a nickel that if donnie gets arrested, he'll crowdfund his bail money.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I feel like I can say with confidence, that unless you are getting a rub and tug in the restroom, this is fully in play.

Besides the "testers" that can taste differences have become attuned to that over years of "training". For most people, we won't know a difference even if there is one.

I can tell the difference with Whiskeys and Scotch to a point, but that's the point where things get ridiculous and it makes little to no difference to me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
shouldn't be too bad if you take the time to make sure everything's nice and sharp

If you can make your innards into something expensive, toshi and rideit will probably pay to eat it.

Whether he runs or not we're done. We're too stupid to live. The russo-sino invasions will be interesting. I hope it's not too painful.
I'm quite sure if somebody cannabilized me that I would be delicious!

I heard just this morning it's like $207M. :disgust:
1607099941597.png

"russo-sino" invasions? e'splain. I don't get that.