Quantcast

Trump Free GMT

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had a good night ride in the dirt last night. Bar light is great. my headlamp sucks...time to buy new toys. So many owls out hunting I must have seen over 30. Coolest were the burrowing owls standing on the trail. They stood there until I got within 30 feet before flying off. Jack rabbits seem to like to see how little room that can leave and not get run over as they dart in front of you.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

In the past few days all 3 of my big work-related projects that I have been working on for over a year have crumbled. Whatevs, not my bag they want to be all uber duber conservative about everything.

Dog watching for probably the most sexually driven dog I've ever met. He has a hard time keeping his nose out of both my male and female dogs asses. That and when his owner dropped him off he had just been groomed. 5 minutes later he rolled in dirt and was brown. Good dog.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! My day started with a mighty train service collapse, now meetings meetings and some more meetings, after a previous long day of meetings. :twitch:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Meeting with a possible partner for a new business I'm starting.
Will take a change of mindset after being El Jefe in the current biz but there's way too much trail to ride, beer to drink and sheds to bong for me to run both businesses by myself.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I was glad I left when I did last night. The protests started at about 5:30 and by 6:00 I5 and I84 were both shut down with about 2k or more folks being pissed off on the bridges. My commute is the other direction, but I405 got packed quickly as news spread of I5 closures.

Talk of more the same today. Who knows, should be interesting. Today is a light meeting schedule, so I might actually get work done. Then again, maybe not.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Apparently I bent a tooth or two on my commuter's chainring. Either way shit's all fucked up and the chain won't stay put. Therefore I drove, which is ok.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Good god, is the airport facility in Roswell depressing. Like, Mad Max, the world has ended and something has clearly died here, depressing. I feel like I can still smell........whatever it was. Ugh..... Imma take another shower and go back to bed I think.

20 hours of OT though. Come on ski season!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo.

Went to sleep at around 2am this morning, then woke up 5am because it was too god damn hot in the bedroom. I feel like absolute crap.

Have sent out a feeler to a buddy for a night ride tonight. Won't be completely bummed if he rejects the offer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Good god, is the airport facility in Roswell depressing. Like, Mad Max, the world has ended and something has clearly died here, depressing. I feel like I can still smell........whatever it was. Ugh..... Imma take another shower and go back to bed I think.

20 hours of OT though. Come on ski season!
it's an airport, not a spaceport.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I just ate 2 platters of delicious Kebabs, Rice Pilaf, Tabbouleh, Hummus, Some other stuff which I don't know what it was. The Yogurt stuff on the Kebabs was off the hook. I am going to nap now.....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I think I have something viral. SuperAIDSARS? Does not like.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's a pretty damned good reason to be fat. :homer:
Seriously, it is one of my top 5 burgers. All he does is burgers and cheese steaks, both are amazing. I mean, if all you do is two things, they better be amazing. :rofl:

There are 2 carts, the original on 5th and oak and the one I go to in Pioneer Square. And Ben is a cool guy, so the bs is fun, too.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Seriously, it is one of my top 5 burgers. All he does is burgers and cheese steaks, both are amazing. I mean, if all you do is two things, they better be amazing. :rofl:

There are 2 carts, the original on 5th and oak and the one I go to in Pioneer Square. And Ben is a cool guy, so the bs is fun, too.
I regret not visiting Ben when I was in Portland. Probably walked right by him, if he's at the market thingy near the bridge.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You are thinking of Saturday Market. I think there is a cheese steak cart in there, too but different. There are 2 cart in Pioneer Square, one is his. The other cart is awful, just sayin. :rofl:

<edit> The yelp page says the 5th and Oak location has been there since '97. I think it was '98 the first time I ate there. I only started hitting up Ben when I worked across the street from the square. Now that I'm on the water front it is about the same walk to either location, but I give Ben the business just because.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Oh wow, I've just listened to some samples. Brutal!
...also, if you've got the budget ($225), keep an eye on their site this week. A batch of their HM2 clones will be released. I'm not sure I can justify a fourth Dunwich, and the HM2 isn't known as a great bass pedal. Still, the clips sound amazing. They don't release many of these.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Try it now.
Ma fingers were cold. Kick ass ride though, Only one endo so that was cool. :) Video maybe later.

This is the last 6 minutes of an hour downhill XC run where I endo'd in sand. You cant tell in the video but the back end was getting squirrely so I attempted to slow down. Actually I slowed down pretty good. This clip is definitely the least interesting of the 6 or 7 miles back down the mountain. More to follow tomorrow in Courtesy Telephone tread.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
...also, if you've got the budget ($225), keep an eye on their site this week. A batch of their HM2 clones will be released. I'm not sure I can justify a fourth Dunwich, and the HM2 isn't known as a great bass pedal. Still, the clips sound amazing. They don't release many of these.
Uh oh. Thanks for feeding my GAS!! ;)