Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's going to be a nice 40 foot tall white picket fence....mexico will paint it.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
What always gets me is there is a wall already. And where there isn't it's impassible mountains or deserts, well mostly. i work and own property on otay mesa, in San Diego, its where all the tunnels are found. I could go on and on with stories of the shit that goes on here. But things changed when they built the wall. No more family's getting run over on the freeway, no more people getting rapped, robbed, murdered as they crossed the no mans land, lots less vehicle theft. Now they use drones to bring drugs across. theres a lot going on that nobody hears about. A wall isn't gunna solve any of it. What about the environmental impacts of this wall?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did some back of the napkin calculation. Trump's proposed tax cuts are supposed to sufficiently stimulate the economy to compensate for lower revenues. The economy would have to grow about 40%. With full employment that would equate to a 7 day work week to support.

In other words not only economically impossible but impossible from a workforce perspective.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I hate to say it but me thinks....

You guys are So Screwed.

Really hope not, but if he is just a fraction of a disaster that he appears to be...ie the supreme court for one....shudder....going back decades...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Did some back of the napkin calculation. Trump's proposed tax cuts are supposed to sufficiently stimulate the economy to compensate for lower revenues. The economy would have to grow about 40%. With full employment that would equate to a 7 day work week to support.

In other words not only economically impossible but impossible from a workforce perspective.

Nah man, them bigger tax cuts at the upper end are basically the exact same thing as a stimulus package. All that extra wealth the upper end makes is just going to magically end up growing the economy. It's an entirely new way of looking at things.

#drainthebrains

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's gonna be good times for rapists wanting to sire children.
I never thought to look at it that way.

Like I was telling folks on the facebook, I am a straight white guy who works for a utility. I stand to do well-ish for myself with this jackass in charge. But I fear for my friends who are none of those things and I fear for my daughter who will ultimately be the generation to deal with the aftermath.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I'm still desperately clinging to a shred of hope that within all this chaos is another bombshell of a development that will derail Herr Drumpf from making it to the inauguration and thus aborting the rise or the Orange Reich.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm still desperately clinging to a shred of hope that within all this chaos is another bombshell of a development that will derail Herr Drumpf from making it to the inauguration and thus aborting the rise or the Orange Reich.
Dude.......

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/07/mike-pence-wanted-divert-hivaids-money-fund-conversion-therapy/

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/25/mike_pences_sadistic_abortion_law_indiana_passes_draconian_anti_choice_bill_geared_towards_humiliating_and_bankrupting_women_who_have_abortions/

Lots of ad libbing going on my head lately "At least it's not ______"

Cruz and Pence are the clear favorites.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I dunno man, seems that even though Pence hates gay people and probably himself as well, that he'd still be a better option than Trump. The Republicans view Trump as a loose cannon who cannot be controlled, or so I've been told. The unmitigated shit storm of a Trump presidency could have lasting negative effects for both parties and should be thwarted as quickly as possible.

At this point the same old Conservative bullshit would be welcomed, reluctantly of course, over the unquestionably Anti-American antics of Trump and his squad of crazy goons.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I dunno man, seems that even though Pence hates gay people and probably himself as well, that he'd still be a better option than Trump. The Republicans view Trump as a loose cannon who cannot be controlled, or so I've been told. The unmitigated shit storm of a Trump presidency could have lasting negative effects for both parties and should be thwarted as quickly as possible.

At this point the same old Conservative bullshit would be welcomed, reluctantly of course, over the unquestionably Anti-American antics of Trump and his squad of crazy goons.
Honestly all that's going to happen is he'll put his staff in charge of everything and everyone else (pence, mcconnell, ryan etc) will run the same political agenda and he'll just sign off on it. Just like W, and just like reagan. All three of them are/were in it for the show, not the work. Presidents are all figureheads to some degree but it seems like the genuinely moronic variety is all republican voters can put forward any more. They're easier to steer I guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Honestly all that's going to happen is he'll put his staff in charge of everything and everyone else (pence, mcconnell, ryan etc) will run the same political agenda and he'll just sign off on it. Just like W, and just like reagan. All three of them are/were in it for the show, not the work. Presidents are all figureheads to some degree but it seems like the genuinely moronic variety is all republican voters can put forward any more. They're easier to steer I guess.
It seems like a lot of people don't want a leader who is clearly smarter than them. Put an expensive suit on a 170 word vocabulary and it makes them feel good about themselves bigly.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Whitey couldn't be happier

They have attracted thousands of new followers through their use of social media, memes and the internet more broadly. They have been labeled as racists, anti-Semites, xenophobes and bigots. They're self-identified "deplorables" who claim they've been silenced by mainstream conservatism for far too long.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It seems like a lot of people don't want a leader who is clearly smarter than them.
The last eight years made that extremely clear.

People act like this is a newly empowered voting demographic but it's the same one who kept saying their non-drinking recovered alcoholic candidate was someone they could sit down and have a beer with 16 years ago.

They may not all be racists, fascists etc. but they are dumb as fuck and are too clueless to realize they're effectively stamping their approval on all of the above. There's been so much coverage of 'those who voted for trump' and every single one of them, to the person chooses to selectively believe "what he meant, what he'll really do, and my own very selective nitpicking of things he said that I think he will actually do".

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

People act like this is a newly empowered voting demographic but it's the same one who kept saying their non-drinking recovered alcoholic candidate was someone they could sit down and have a beer with 16 years ago.

They may not all be racists, fascists etc. but they are dumb as fuck and are too clueless to realize they're effectively stamping their approval on all of the above. There's been so much coverage of 'those who voted for trump' and every single one of them, to the person chooses to selectively believe "what he meant, what he'll really do, and my own very selective nitpicking of things he said that I think he will actually do".

The fact they say having a chick who has posed naked for money has more class than the educated woman who has in the first lady for the last 8 years is proof. Smart folks scare dumb folks.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Saw a piece by Rachael Maddow last night about how Trump and his kids filed a lawsuit yesterday against the city of Washington, DC contesting their property taxes on the new Trump hotel from $98 million to $28 million (or so). Also the land that the hotel sits on is owned by a federal agency of which trump is going to appoint a new head. Effectively allowing him to name his own landlord.

Conflict of interest, anyone ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

It seems there is a word for this. Kakistocracy.