Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No wonder they don't want Bolton to Testify (like we didn't know)

"What a surprise!" - No one

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
"What a surprise!" - No one
[/URL]
He said he provided a copy of the book to the White House on Dec. 30 — 12 days after Mr. Trump was impeached — to be reviewed for classified information, though, he said, Mr. Bolton believed it contained none.
So, the WH has known what Bolton is putting in his book for at least a month. I wonder how many GOP senators have been aware of the books content as well? Corruption all the way down.

Mr. Bolton also described other key moments in the pressure campaign, including Mr. Pompeo’s private acknowledgment to him last spring that Mr. Giuliani’s claims about Ms. Yovanovitch had no basis and that Mr. Giuliani may have wanted her removed because she might have been targeting his clients who had dealings in Ukraine as she sought to fight corruption.
Huh......That sounds like exactly what Trump accuses the Bidens of doing. The projection with Trump is just astonishing.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's amusing to watch people previously viewed as evil (Comey, Bolton, Cohen) become beacons of truth when they are saying what one wants to hear.

Not aimed at anyone on RM, just a general observation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's amusing to watch people previously viewed as evil (Comey, Bolton, Cohen) become beacons of truth when they are saying what one wants to hear.

nobody is saying they're *not evil*. just recognizing the importance of *witnesses* to legal / judicial proceedings.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

We live in a timeline where Jeff Sessions is going to look like some kind of anti-hero. :panic:

Strange times. :twitch:

I don't know if anyone is holding up the aforementioned assholes as "beacons of truth" so much as just being shocked and a little happily surprised when they accidentally, maybe, do one thing right. I heard something a while back, not sure where, in regards to bolton, that no matter what kind of chicken hawking, misguided, horrible person he might be, he was, in his mind, that way for his country. Though the appearance of Bolton holding out everything in service of his "book deal" certainly puts that claim to the test. But I'm pretty sure most people agree that absolutely everything that Trump does serves only the interests of Trump.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
he was, in his mind, that way for his country.
I feel this statement can be applied to most in the political sphere.

Agreed re: trump's motivations, though his themes (america first, trade parity, NATO etc) resonate with supporters (voters and GOP pols) who feel those themes are best for the country and therefore overlook his assholery.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Strange times. :twitch:

I don't know if anyone is holding up the aforementioned assholes as "beacons of truth" so much as just being shocked and a little happily surprised when they accidentally, maybe, do one thing right. I heard something a while back, not sure where, in regards to bolton, that no matter what kind of chicken hawking, misguided, horrible person he might be, he was, in his mind, that way for his country. Though the appearance of Bolton holding out everything in service of his "book deal" certainly puts that claim to the test. But I'm pretty sure most people agree that absolutely everything that Trump does serves only the interests of Trump.
there's also the value of hindsight, ie his thought process at the time of the events, vs knowing what he knows now and applying it retroactively. though the whole book deal does raise questions of motivation. but then again he worked for trump, they're all looking to make a buck wherever they can, no?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I feel this statement can be applied to most in the political sphere.

Agreed re: trump's motivations, though his themes (america first, trade parity, NATO etc) resonate with supporters (voters and GOP pols) who feel those themes are best for the country and therefore overlook his assholery.
Oh, for sure. That doesn't mean they are right, nor does it make it okay. An "Ends justify the means", purely transactional, view of the world is exactly how we got to this place. How you reach your goals, how you motivate people, how you reach your means, ought to matter just as much as what you accomplish.

Edit: This was added while I was typing, and kind of proves my point. Yeah, it's nice that maybe Bolton will step up and do something that benefits his country/my political leanings, but he's still a horrible fucking person.
though the whole book deal does raise questions of motivation. but then again he worked for trump, they're all looking to make a buck wherever they can, no?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
there's also the value of hindsight, ie his thought process at the time of the events, vs knowing what he knows now and applying it retroactively. though the whole book deal does raise questions of motivation. but then again he worked for trump, they're all looking to make a buck wherever they can, no?
Timely!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's like a throat punch to mountain bikes and recreation at large. If this is open for business what isn't?

If you dig into this further... I believe you'll find it's much ado about nothing. But, you know, clickbait headlines. It's what drives 'Murka.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007