Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
as late as march....cuomo and deblasio were not that worried about it either....
Cuomo and deblasio aren't responsible for the cabinet level supervision HHS which oversees the cdc, nor the national security council pandemic response team (RIP). You know, those people that were supposed to be doing their jobs at the national level while state and local leaders do theirs.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Cuomo and deblasio aren't responsible for the cabinet level supervision HHS which oversees the cdc, nor the national security council pandemic response team (RIP). You know, those people that were supposed to be doing their jobs at the national level while state and local leaders do theirs.
You mean at the level where national security briefings filter to, rather than those at the state level without those briefings?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Gee I wonder why trump has been saying people should use this stuff..

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
To be fair...

The system is probably designed to have a smaller portion of mail in votes relative to a larger number of in person votes. Changing the entire system to mail in without much time for planning the change could likely be problematic.

Just look at what happened to toilet paper when people suddenly stopped shitting in “public” and started shitting at home. The existing retail consumer toilet paper supply couldn’t keep up with demand.

I think toilet paper is a fair comparison to voting in this day and age.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Like, if we can do taxes by mail or online, we should damn sure be able to do voting that way...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Like, if we can do taxes by mail or online, we should damn sure be able to do voting that way...
We should. But think of the holy hell trump would raise if we changed the process AND he lost. We’d be mired in his bitching and moaning for ages. You'd need a heck of a cattle prod to get him out.

Ah the corner we’ve been painted in. Damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
California: Don’t make me flex...
NY, CA, and IL make up 25% of US tax collections. Those three, definitively blue states, could just hit the brakes on revenue collection and the Federal government would have a serious problem. It's like when really wealthy people owe banks money. If you owe $100,000 it's your problem. If you owe $100,000,000 it's the bank's problem

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Governor hair gel has been giving daily press briefings for 3 weeks now. The contrast with the cheeto show is astounding. There is a shit ton of mobilization going on right now on like 100 different fronts. Housing, unemployment, ppe distribution.....it's insane.

He's still pretty diplomatic when discussing the whitehouse btw.

The dude is kind of killing it right now. The only reason people have been babbling about cuomo 2020 is because Newsome is actually fixing shit and leaving less of a horror show to cover.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
President has “total authority.”
I knew that “checks and balances” stuff they taught in school was all theory with no practical application. I should’ve aced that civics class.