Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am convinced that the hold Herr Twitler has on his followers is very much like a cult. No matter what horrific atrocity he commits they will find a way to rationalize or deny it. Dude could rape and eat a baby on live television and not lose a single supporter.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Press Secretary: "There is no smoking gun"

Lawyers: "A smoking gun is circumstantial evidence that proves nothing."

Trump: "Anyways, so I started blasting."

Trump supporter: "i LiKe hIm BeCAusE hE mEaNS whAt He sAYs!"

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
"It's on tape, Kayleigh".

Won't even matter.
I showed my mom the video of Trump dragging his foot, she said it was doctored. Asked her if she heard what he said about the military and she first asked if it was recently then switched to "he's just a big mouth politicking". Which is how she rationalizes any of Herr Twitler's racist attacks. A friend of hers, a democrat, recently called Trump followers cult members. That made her pretty mad, but didn't phase her about Dear Leader. Her neighbors are terrified that their town will be burned to the ground by rioters if Biden wins. Keep in mind I went to a very small High School with the Bidens in Delaware. She knows he is a decent man. Yet is convinced by the propaganda machine that there is something "not quite right with him". So I imagine that my mom, like most Republicans have their version of reality and anything that is contrary to that is immediately dismissed as false.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I am convinced that the hold Herr Twitler has on his followers is very much like a cult. No matter what horrific atrocity he commits they will find a way to rationalize or deny it. Dude could rape and eat a baby on live television and not lose a single supporter.
Don’t forget the population who votes based on abortion and/or gay rights. If an anti-abortion cactus was running it would get votes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wifey is vehemently fighting me from doing it and my trans cousin has pleaded me not to. It would be like throwing propane tanks onto the simmering fire of family split as it is. Just keep building up and up and up, then BOOM! shit's getting wild! Wills are getting changed, grandparents aren't seeing grandkids, holiday visits are cancelled, etc.
I know two people who recently posted some very well evidenced, well thought out and polite "hey this Trump guy is pretty messed up" type posts. They are both extremely intelligent and successful individuals. They both have probably voted heavily Republican in the past. One is the epitome of the "bootstrap story", grew up poor, is now a CFO of a major US corporation. The other guy is an accomplished physicist, extremely religious and holds some extremely high security clearance. Dare I say two people who should be highly respected not only for their accomplishments but because they are also genuinely good people.

They both received a string of angry responses from family members and what I assume were old High School classmates telling them they were wrong, and stupid by people without the slightest grasp on logic, spelling and grammar. I am pretty sure the only way those people will move away from Trump, is when Trump tells them to, or he is perp-walked to the gallows and they no longer want to associate themselves with a fall from 'grace'.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They both received a string of angry responses from family members and what I assume were old High School classmates telling them they were wrong, and stupid by people without the slightest grasp on logic, spelling and grammar. I am pretty sure the only way those people will move away from Trump, is when Trump tells them to, or he is perp-walked to the gallows and they no longer want to associate themselves with a fall from 'grace'.
decades of the GOP cutting school funding has yielded an entire generation of yokels that are too cool for school, too stupid for the real world.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know two people who recently posted some very well evidenced, well thought out and polite "hey this Trump guy is pretty messed up" type posts. They are both extremely intelligent and successful individuals. They both have probably voted heavily Republican in the past. One is the epitome of the "bootstrap story", grew up poor, is now a CFO of a major US corporation. The other guy is an accomplished physicist, extremely religious and holds some extremely high security clearance. Dare I say two people who should be highly respected not only for their accomplishments but because they are also genuinely good people.

This same thing happened to a lesser degree with W.

Everyone who voted for him twice these days loves saying "I was never a fan of George W"

I got this from a family member who in 2003 at the beginning of the Iraq invasion said "mark my words, he will go down in history as one of the greatest presidents in america"

People can't even keep track of their own shit in their own heads, much less what happens outside of them.

There will be some form of denial unique to orange foolius too. Either that or we descend into hell with self appointed bully squads everywhere and the fact that he stays in power will be proof that they were right. For a time at least.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I hear you. Scary thing regarding the brain washing is who it can impact. My now retired dad has been very highly classified level at Boeing for decades; in Phantom Werks for 20years. My grandfather worked at the Fed for 20 as well, so he understands the finances of the economy. Both very smart individuals, both brainwashed by Fox/Trump.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not sure where else to put this but it seems to be a direct result of making America great.

People are dumb, and putting their lives at risk by not evacuating because they are afraid of ANTIFA

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Not sure where else to put this but it seems to be a direct result of making America great.

People are dumb, and putting their lives at risk by not evacuating because they are afraid of ANTIFA

I wanna dip my cabals in it!
787B238A-2073-4EF9-9E52-D89E8BC4BC28.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

How can people that dumb function enough operate a door knob let alone own a house ?