Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wonder what she thinks of I don't know......say a basket of trump supporters.

Secret service is just body guards. FBI Investigates Federal crimes, which assaults on national candidates qualifies as.
The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees as well as financial crimes, which include counterfeiting of U.S. currency or other U.S. Government obligations; forgery or theft of U.S. Treasury checks, bonds or other securities; credit card fraud; telecommunications fraud; computer fraud, identify fraud and certain other crimes affecting federally insured financial institutions.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Cool. Better tell the FBI to step aside then

Secret service protects candidates at events. The FBI investigates crimes against federally serving officials, like candidates. There's a reason you keep seeing that the FBI is investigating this. This is actually something I know a little about.

There's a reason you keep seeing news reflecting what I said initially.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cool. Better tell the FBI to step aside then

Secret service protects candidates at events. The FBI investigates crimes against federally serving officials, like candidates. There's a reason you keep seeing that the FBI is investigating this. This is actually something I know a little about.

There's a reason you keep seeing news reflecting what I said initially.
biden was assigned a secret service detail back in the spring right around when he was officially nominated. I suspect things would have gone down much differently had he or harris actually been on that bus.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
“Faced with an actual loss, Trump’s behavior will be unpredictable, as it has been with managing the pandemic. Pelosi, Schumer, and other leaders need to prepare themselves and the American people for a disruptive transition and for unprecedented actions by the president that fall outside the purview of standard transition matters. Traditionally, the transition teams prepare briefing books on the ongoing activities of the array of governmental institutions. It is quite possible that these normal and needed aspects of transition might proceed while Donald Trump focuses on openings to enrich himself and his family, ways to punish perceived political enemies, and general opportunities to abuse the constitutional power he holds during the interregnum. This is why political oversight and immediate accountability are so vital.

If Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refuses to cooperate and continues to enable Trump, potentially responsible Republicans—senators who see themselves as responsible—such as Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, and Ben Sasse, should form a temporary Independent GOP caucus that would vote with the Democrats to remove Mitch McConnell as majority leader during the remainder of the lame-duck session and thus expedite the transition.

On the House side, if Speaker Pelosi finds it impossible to form an emergency government coalition with a significant number of her Republican colleagues and ideally the GOP House leadership, she should create a special bipartisan impeachment inquiry. The point of this committee would be to unlock the powers of impeachment to compel testimony and documents for as robust oversight as possible. The committee should revive the congressional power of inherent contempt—with which executive branch officials who fail to respond to subpoenas are taken into custody by the Congress’s own law enforcement, quickly tried in the House, and held in the D.C. jail until they are willing to comply.

The House and Senate should use their appropriations powers to deny funds to agencies of the government acting for the personal protection or financial benefit of Donald Trump when budget negotiations begin again after the election due to the pending expiration of the continuing resolution funding the government now. Special focus should be on the Justice Department and the Department Homeland Security, where partisan leadership has misused resources to attack protesters and presidential critics while protecting presidential loyalists and dangerous right-wing extremists. Congress must use its power of the purse to starve dangerous appointees who continue to act as Trump’s henchmen.

A bipartisan resolution should be passed that instructs the government to cooperate with the incoming administration—and in particular, to invite the president-elect to designate members of the Trump administration to brief him on the pandemic crisis and to inform the American people regularly on federal efforts to contain its spread.

Perhaps none of this will be necessary. Maybe Trump will again confound the pollsters and win the election. Or maybe he will lose and will show an uncharacteristic quietude. But now is the time to think seriously about countering his potential malfeasance during an interregnum. Congressional leaders must show a willingness to step in and control a defeated Trump before he does more damage. That is the clear will of the American people, and the obvious constitutional duty for elected officials, including those at the end of their current service.

Deference to a dangerous, defeated president in these circumstances would not only be cowardly, but would threaten a constitutional transition of power. The losers do not get to burn down the government before they leave. Trump must be highly constrained in this interregnum, by Congress, the courts, the civil service, and the expectations of the American people.”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Perhaps none of this will be necessary. Maybe Trump will again confound the pollsters and win the election. Or maybe he will lose and will show an uncharacteristic quietude.
if its a landslide, i wouldn't put it past d2s to just resign. dine n dash and leave pence and the GOP with the bill.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
if its a landslide, i wouldn't put it past d2s to just resign. dine n dash and leave pence and the GOP with the bill.
I've thought about that as well. Pull a nixon and resign on the condition of pardon.

I've wondered what will happen if trump loses. I'm hoping it's so resounding that there's no question, no legal battle to prevent him from conceding. Otherwise I think we'll spend six months waiting for him to leave the WH, which maybe he simply won't do.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
he actually "joked" that he would at some point in the past week or so. and as you all know, dude doesn't "joke."

wanna start a poll? Turkey? Brazil? Hungary? Russia?

“Faced with an actual loss, Trump’s behavior will be unpredictable, as it has been with managing the pandemic. Pelosi, Schumer, and other leaders need to prepare themselves and the American people for a disruptive transition and for unprecedented actions by the president that fall outside the purview of standard transition matters. Traditionally, the transition teams prepare briefing books on the ongoing activities of the array of governmental institutions. It is quite possible that these normal and needed aspects of transition might proceed while Donald Trump focuses on openings to enrich himself and his family, ways to punish perceived political enemies, and general opportunities to abuse the constitutional power he holds during the interregnum. This is why political oversight and immediate accountability are so vital.

If Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refuses to cooperate and continues to enable Trump, potentially responsible Republicans—senators who see themselves as responsible—such as Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, and Ben Sasse, should form a temporary Independent GOP caucus that would vote with the Democrats to remove Mitch McConnell as majority leader during the remainder of the lame-duck session and thus expedite the transition.

On the House side, if Speaker Pelosi finds it impossible to form an emergency government coalition with a significant number of her Republican colleagues and ideally the GOP House leadership, she should create a special bipartisan impeachment inquiry. The point of this committee would be to unlock the powers of impeachment to compel testimony and documents for as robust oversight as possible. The committee should revive the congressional power of inherent contempt—with which executive branch officials who fail to respond to subpoenas are taken into custody by the Congress’s own law enforcement, quickly tried in the House, and held in the D.C. jail until they are willing to comply.

The House and Senate should use their appropriations powers to deny funds to agencies of the government acting for the personal protection or financial benefit of Donald Trump when budget negotiations begin again after the election due to the pending expiration of the continuing resolution funding the government now. Special focus should be on the Justice Department and the Department Homeland Security, where partisan leadership has misused resources to attack protesters and presidential critics while protecting presidential loyalists and dangerous right-wing extremists. Congress must use its power of the purse to starve dangerous appointees who continue to act as Trump’s henchmen.

A bipartisan resolution should be passed that instructs the government to cooperate with the incoming administration—and in particular, to invite the president-elect to designate members of the Trump administration to brief him on the pandemic crisis and to inform the American people regularly on federal efforts to contain its spread.

Perhaps none of this will be necessary. Maybe Trump will again confound the pollsters and win the election. Or maybe he will lose and will show an uncharacteristic quietude. But now is the time to think seriously about countering his potential malfeasance during an interregnum. Congressional leaders must show a willingness to step in and control a defeated Trump before he does more damage. That is the clear will of the American people, and the obvious constitutional duty for elected officials, including those at the end of their current service.

Deference to a dangerous, defeated president in these circumstances would not only be cowardly, but would threaten a constitutional transition of power. The losers do not get to burn down the government before they leave. Trump must be highly constrained in this interregnum, by Congress, the courts, the civil service, and the expectations of the American people.”
Source?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
the one where he'll be greeted "welcome comrade"
Communists and Fascists tend to be diametrically opposed, but I take your point.
Russia seems to be a weird place, Fascists who seem to look longingly at the loss of communism.

But then again, communism in its true form has never been applied to a country. People tend to get in the way of the ideal, and you end up with basic dictatorships dressed up in fancy names.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Communists and Fascists tend to be diametrically opposed, but I take your point.
Russia seems to be a weird place, Fascists who seem to look longingly at the loss of communism.

But then again, communism in its true form has never been applied to a country. People tend to get in the way of the ideal, and you end up with basic dictatorships dressed up in fancy names.
Is he an “ist” of any kind other than opportunist?

All governments over time evolve to totalitarianism.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
the one where he'll be greeted "welcome comrade"
I saw Borat 2.
I saw how easy it was for SBC production company to lure Giuliani into a hotel room, alone, with a 24yo girl in US soil.

Trump, at some point, spent some time in Russia, in a major event full of young ladies in close company of russian officials.
You have to wonder on the quality of the material obtained by russian intelleligence.