Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You need Fox News, OAN, Sinclair, all that shit out of public life.
I know you know this but that really is the heart of the matter. Fox and NBC made donald trump, straight up. But the rightwing bullshit machine was proven to make money, so by american standards, it is 'good'. We're seeing the consequences of that closer than we have in probably a century. Free speech already has limits here. 2020 is proof that it needs a few more. Like not letting lies call themselves 'news'........ pretty simple shit that doesn't have a negative effect on anyone but liars.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know you know this but that really is the heart of the matter. Fox and NBC made donald trump, straight up. But the rightwing bullshit machine was proven to make money, so by american standards, it is 'good'. We're seeing the consequences of that closer than we have in probably a century. Free speech already has limits here. 2020 is proof that it needs a few more. Like not letting lies call themselves 'news'........
Nbc in 2016 or nbc when they aired "the apprentice"?

Other problem with fox et al is that the target demographic for them can't seem to discern between news and entertainment

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was thinking apprentice. He was about to go to jail levels of bankruptcy before that. The created the illusion that he was still rich.

The boomer gen got used to seeing professional looking people tell them the truth on tv one one of 3 channels in the evening. Fox took advantage of that (and stupid court decision after stupid court decision letting them get away with the 'entertainment' bit')

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sounds like some straight up Kenyan communist bullshit right there
:spartak:
2020 is just a warning. And a 4 year chance to start getting a handle on this shit. It only just begins if biden gets inaugurated in January.

The next batshit howdy doody motherfucker the republicans of this country elect is going to be worse. It's been a fairly consistent downhill slide since nixon. Other than herbert, each one, notably more wacked than the last.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I know you know this but that really is the heart of the matter. Fox and NBC made donald trump, straight up. But the rightwing bullshit machine was proven to make money, so by american standards, it is 'good'. We're seeing the consequences of that closer than we have in probably a century. Free speech already has limits here. 2020 is proof that it needs a few more. Like not letting lies call themselves 'news'........ pretty simple shit that doesn't have a negative effect on anyone but liars.
There used to be a pretty simple mechanism that addressed this issue. I'll give you 1 guess which party killed it.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Another thing Biden will have to contend with if elected.
Tax increases. Are not the Trump cuts to the non-rich about to expire in 2021?
Can't wait to hear the spin on that one. Too bad so many memories are short.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Another thing Biden will have to contend with if elected.
Tax increases. Are not the Trump cuts to the non-rich about to expire in 2021?
Can't wait to hear the spin on that one. Too bad so many memories are short.
We are printing money at a level not even comprehended before, and that's not even counting all the wall, military spending, cutting taxes fuckery. The republican strategy is to just throw money at everything long enough to get to January where everything bad can be blamed on the next president. It might even work after Nov 3. No matter what, we are in for a record recession or depression, every politician is just too chicken shit to pay the piper right now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
We are printing money at a level not even comprehended before, and that's not even counting all the wall, military spending, cutting taxes fuckery. The republican strategy is to just throw money at everything long enough to get to January where everything bad can be blamed on the next president. It might even work after Nov 3. No matter what, we are in for a record recession or depression, every politician is just too chicken shit to pay the piper right now.
I wish I doubted you. The economic expansion we’ve seen in the US has been based on the stock market, falling interest rates, and some tax cuts. The falling rates have meant more borrowing, and when that pendulum swings the other way, the contraction is going to hurt.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Was talking with the Frau, before I fled the country, about the election. In reality, if the Trumpapottamous wins with a majority of the popular vote, and we experience an 85% or higher voter turnout, I can live with it. I will renounce my citizenship and leave post haste for another country, but I can live with it.

Simply because it would finally indicate that the physical and natural beauty of the US is exceeded by the base, ugly but true nature of the majority of its citizens. Also the realization that Zinn was 110% correct (Which I already believe...) about the truth of our country and that there is no hope for us. Which I dont believe.

The US is a media creation, the principles and the concepts the Founding Fathers espoused were intended only for the landed white Xtian gentry. (I refer you to Carlins supreme rant about slave owners yearning to be free...) and its current "president" is perfect example of media creations. We worship the wrong idols, we value the wrong things, and we are easily led astray by those who promise what they cannot and will not deliver whilst simultaneously prosecuting the wrong demographics for our ails.

The promise of this country is great and wonderful. The realization is ugly. We need to fix that. For our childrens childrens children...
1604415945413.png

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hey, do you remember right after the last inauguration that trump set up and utilized a nationwide text that you couldn't opt out from?
They said it was going to be used for states of emergency, etc.. You watch, tonight messages will be lighting up our phones whether we like it or not, stating the questionable. :mad:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Hey, do you remember right after the last inauguration that trump set up and utilized a nationwide text that you couldn't opt out from?
They said it was going to be used for states of emergency, etc.. You watch, tonight messages will be lighting up our phones whether we like it or not, stating the questionable. :mad:
Ooof.....

I had forgotten about that.

:tinfoil:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Probably related:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
So let's say your boy loses this election. How long before the Trump 2024 flags hang flaccidly from the back of brodozers and boats? Tomorrow? 'cause he can pick up and run again. Well, not run, obviously, more like lean precariously forward and let momentum propel him along unfettered.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So let's say your boy loses this election. How long before the Trump 2024 flags hang flaccidly from the back of brodozers and boats? Tomorrow? 'cause he can pick up and run again. Well, not run, obviously, more like lean precariously forward and let momentum propel him along unfettered.
He’d be 78, so it could be a health issue develops in the next 4 years. Joe is 77 and I’m pretty sure has no real plan to run in 2024, and his fitness has been questioned.