Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Progress?
"This is the ninth time we have won the election this year, and we are becoming exceedingly efficient at it."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm kind of getting tired of all this winning.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So, how is everyone's 401k?

Trump came out of his bunker to take credit for it. But to be fair, if he wasn't such a shitty president nthe market wouldn't be responding positively to a Biden transition.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
What to make of more than 70m Americans who voted for Trump?
Over the following few decades, Democrats travelled so further into the right that today modestly progressive politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Bernie Sanders are perceived by many as the vanguards of a Bolshevik revolution.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are a lot of interesting legal question arund the implications of Trump attempting to pardon himself.

First of all a pardon requires an admission of guilt, so Trump would in fact be admitting to whatever crimes he is pardoning. That should have political implications. In addition, any attempt at a pardon will likely go to court. If a self-pardon is deemed to be illegal, Trump would have in fact admitted guilt, but would not be free from punishment.

In some way I hope he does attempt to pardon himself. It takes the pressure off of the new administration to prosecute which will have ugly political reprocussions no matter what. And even if it is deemed legal, the admission of guilt will show what a crook he is and NYS can still lock him the fuck up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There are a lot of interesting legal question arund the implications of Trump attempting to pardon himself.

First of all a pardon requires an admission of guilt, so Trump would in fact be admitting to whatever crimes he is pardoning. That should have political implications. In addition, any attempt at a pardon will likely go to court. If a self-pardon is deemed to be illegal, Trump would have in fact admitted guilt, but would not be free from punishment.

In some way I hope he does attempt to pardon himself. It takes the pressure off of the new administration to prosecute which will have ugly political reprocussions no matter what. And even if it is deemed legal, the admission of guilt will show what a crook he is and NYS can still lock him the fuck up.
Spicy!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

not only that, if trump pardons himself - thus admitting guilt, don't forget that any of the co-conspirators from the incidents / investigations could face additional risk / scrutiny if he doesn't pardon them as well

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
not only that, if trump pardons himself - thus admitting guilt, don't forget that any of the co-conspirators from the incidents / investigations could face additional risk / scrutiny if he doesn't pardon them as well
I expect pardons to be issued like confetti from cannons at a Flaming Lips concert