Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Folks would like to know where all that money that was supposed to be donated actually went. Hmmm.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

"The District is suing the Trump inaugural committee, charging it with "grossly overpaying" for event space at the Trump International Hotel as a way of funneling money to the Trump family."

:disgust:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Probably trying to figure out how to have a career after having Trump's hand up his ass making his mouth move.
He is likely already well ahead of the game, inspired by his debate guardian. Insect protein is valuable stuff and black soldier fly farms are not only profitable, they are also grounding and nurturing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pure Fucking Evil. Period.

Serious question: is RawStory just the Breitbart of the left?

By which I mean to ask, is this a trust-worthy and factual source? It's obvious that it leans left, and that's fine. Just curious about how factual vs. made-the-fuck-up the stories here are.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Serious question: is RawStory just the Breitbart of the left?

By which I mean to ask, is this a trust-worthy and factual source? It's obvious that it leans left, and that's fine. Just curious about how factual vs. made-the-fuck-up the stories here are.
always check the article for another source, in this case, NBC.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Muchas graçias, gents. I think everyone here (minus Brian?) is pretty dang good about only posting verifiable links and stories and whatnot. But every now and again, something might slip through. Just trying to make sure we're all keeping ourselves honest and not echo-chambering each other to death.

Cool. I had found a "bias" rating for RawStory but not a "fact check" one. This is helpful. Mix of actual facts and bullshit, got it.

always check the article for another source, in this case, NBC.

Nice, good call.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ya, me bad, saw it on NBC originally, ended up going down a rabbit hole. When I resurfaced and decided to throw it up here, I did a quick search and the rawstory came up and I just grabbed it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ya, me bad, saw it on NBC originally, ended up going down a rabbit hole. When I resurfaced and decided to throw it up here, I did a quick search and the rawstory came up and I just grabbed it.
No worries. I asked in earnest because my gut tells me there has to be a far-left version of Breitbart or InfoWars or whatever, but I have no idea what it is. Apparently Raw Story was conceived as the liberal leaning alternative to Drudge Report.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No worries. I asked in earnest because my gut tells me there has to be a far-left version of Breitbart or InfoWars or whatever, but I have no idea what it is. Apparently Raw Story was conceived as the liberal leaning alternative to Drudge Report.
Yeah - there's a lot of bullshit sites on both sides (sound familiar?). I try to stick with centered, well-known *journalistic* sources: AP, Reuters, NPR, BBC mostly.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yeah - there's a lot of bullshit sites on both sides (sound familiar?). I try to stick with centered, well-known *journalistic* sources: AP, Reuters, NPR, BBC mostly.
Check this one out. This was two years ago... The echo chamber gets fed from the outside.
I knew that the regurgitation was bad, but when things are clearly labeled as BS? We are doomed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Check this one out. This was two years ago... The echo chamber gets fed from the outside.
I knew that the regurgitation was bad, but when things are clearly labeled as BS? We are doomed.

I read this article earlier today, and while I can't read the WaPo article due to the paywall the headline seems like it's probably similar?

Dimitri said:
"Nothing can beat Trump's supporters when it comes to social media engagement," he says. "So that's why we stick with Trump."