Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you lose your toll pass and some change but at least your ability to be covid free is respected?

Let 2021 represent a new kind of socially responsible criminal! I'm for it.

rabble
My neighbor had a pistol under his seat and his wife left her purse with phone and keys in the van they also took.

Unlocked cars are a gold mine in my hood it seems.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
10 year mandatory minimum, fuckers.

No. Law says up to 10 years and I think the executive order just orders seeking of the maximum sentence. The president doesn't have the power to define sentences, at least for now.

I got bored before I could get all the way through it but the irony in section one is pretty exquisite.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It’s funny. All these Rs rolling over on trump almost gives some validity back to the party after years of it looking like a dog and pony show. It’s probably a best case scenario for the party, and even seems a bit planned/staged. You think the plan was always to turn on trump in his final days as a way of saying they were in on the joke the whole time?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It’s funny. All these Rs rolling over on trump almost gives some validity back to the party after years of it looking like a dog and pony show. It’s probably a best case scenario for the party, and even seems a bit planned/staged. You think the plan was always to turn on trump in his final days as a way of saying they were in on the joke the whole time?
Oh come on.....you know the answer

The republican party isn't any more 'valid' than it was 2 weeks ago. Pretending to be 'moral, christian, law and order etc..' is just the prime cover for professional grifters and greed. They just latch onto and suck off power wherever it may be. That's it. That's their only standard.

They're not having some conscience crisis, it's just obvious trump blew whatever he had left of credibility. They're all the same leeches. They've just detached until a new host comes along.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
not quite what you’re looking for, but semi related to how it has happened before in this country on a smaller scale. Human nature.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I love how people frame this like 'oooh crazy ideas made it into the whitehouse'

Has no one listened to nixon's drunk rants on those recordings? :rofl:

No one remember nancy reagan getting her howdy doody dumbass husband to listen to her astrologer? Everybody already forget W governing not by what he knows but what he feels in his gut?
(notice a party-specific theme yet?)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Melrose Larry Green was just across the street from my apartment, yelling at a random neighbor about how trump has been mistreated by the Democratic Party since 2016.

Glad I dodged that conversation.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Oh come on.....you know the answer

The republican party isn't any more 'valid' than it was 2 weeks ago. Pretending to be 'moral, christian, law and order etc..' is just the prime cover for professional grifters and greed. They just latch onto and suck off power wherever it may be. That's it. That's their only standard.

They're not having some conscience crisis, it's just obvious trump blew whatever he had left of credibility. They're all the same leeches. They've just detached until a new host comes along.
Obvious things are obvious. clearly this isn’t about morality or conscience.

But do you think the plan from day 1 was always to turn on him at the end of his term with a wink and say he never really represented the party? Like they knew they got saddled with a turd but opportunistically decided to make the best of it, with the longview to distance once he was out of power (not necessarily once he let people invade the capitol or some other equally heinous occurrence).

...I’m sure they always had (and will have) an escape plan for any host who crosses a line and doesn’t prove useful.

But do you think the plan from day 1 was always to turn on him at the end of his term with a wink and say he never really represented the party? Like they knew they got saddled with a turd but opportunistically decided to make the best of it, with the longview to distance once he was out of power (not necessarily once he let people invade the capitol or some other equally heinous occurrence).

...I’m sure they always had (and will have) an escape plan for any host who crosses a line and doesn’t prove useful.
No, I don't think they had or have a plan, they got swept along by win at any cost.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Like how Trumps most vigorous current defenders (Hawley, Cruz, ETC.) are people who clearly have sights on 2024? Going to be weird as shit when Trump is up on the dais with them. It can be both that the GOP is piloted by amoral hucksters seeking only self gain, and scam artists mentally capable of only playing the short game.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Like how Trumps most vigorous current defenders (Hawley, Cruz, ETC.) are people who clearly have sights on 2024? Going to be weird as shit when Trump is up on the dais with them. It can be both that the GOP is piloted by amoral hucksters seeking only self gain, and scam artists mentally capable of only playing the short game.
Related?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Related?

The life expectancy of an older person goes down significantly after losing their closest loved one. Without his Twitter account he probably won't make it another 4 years.