Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yeah, I actually just listened to that "Reply All" episode last night, so it was pretty fresh in my mind when I watched it this morning.

"Time is a flat circle"
I’ve somehow been pretty insulated from that nut’s direct spray of rhetoric, so I didn’t realize how influential he has been with all this nonsense.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Obvious things are obvious. clearly this isn’t about morality or conscience.

But do you think the plan from day 1 was always to turn on him at the end of his term with a wink and say he never really represented the party? Like they knew they got saddled with a turd but opportunistically decided to make the best of it, with the longview to distance once he was out of power (not necessarily once he let people invade the capitol or some other equally heinous occurrence).

...I’m sure they always had (and will have) an escape plan for any host who crosses a line and doesn’t prove useful.
My point was just that all they know is that trump fired people up, got elected, and they saw a fervency from supporters that hasn't been seen in this country, maybe ever......so they latched on thinking being branded as a 'trump republican' would mean THEY get that kind of support.

But of course, since they're morons, it's not clicking that they're mistaking a louder minority for a larger majority. Mostly because of trump, they just lost the the presidency and BOTH houses of congress. They literally are hitching onto a loser. But they saw flags and people literally frothing at the mouth and think that means strong support. It's just crazy support amongst a small part of the populace.

"The central concept in modern conservatism is victimhood. Responsibility, accountability—those are standards they apply to others, never to themselves. Even as they confront their stark record of complicity and culpability, they cannot absorb it."

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omg. I'm shaking with rage right now. My dad just sent out an email citing a deep conspiracy theorist website that Trump enacted the Insurgency Act and to get supplies together. Website quotes Parler, Lin Wood, supporting Wednesday, etc. Everything I could do to not hit send on the email I wrote and instead told my Mom to call me when he's not around. I'm fucking livid at this point. I knew he was going into the Trump lover hole, but this is too much.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Omg. I'm shaking with rage right now. My dad just sent out an email citing a deep conspiracy theorist website that Trump enacted the Insurgency Act and to get supplies together. Website quotes Parler, Lin Wood, supporting Wednesday, etc. Everything I could do to not hit send on the email I wrote and instead told my Mom to call me when he's not around. I'm fucking livid at this point. I knew he was going into the Trump lover hole, but this is too much.

Sorry man.
This kind of shit seriously sucks.
Good luck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
1610386733730.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Damn near indistinguishable from the real thing. Bravo.
That's from a charlie broker show that's an american adaptation of something he used to do every year in the UK called the 'wipe'

He's the guy who wrote the original UK, and american versions of black mirror. You should find that whole show. The joke writing is for a non-american audience so it's better than most.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Not even joking.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You could give me his email address.

I'm a helper

And I don't care if that is a poopdeck,

playin with fire, son

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My point was just that all they know is that trump fired people up, got elected, and they saw a fervency from supporters that hasn't been seen in this country, maybe ever......so they latched on thinking being branded as a 'trump republican' would mean THEY get that kind of support.

But of course, since they're morons, it's not clicking that they're mistaking a louder minority for a larger majority. Mostly because of trump, they just lost the the presidency and BOTH houses of congress. They literally are hitching onto a loser. But they saw flags and people literally frothing at the mouth and think that means strong support. It's just crazy support amongst a small part of the populace.
Been thinking about this a bit lately. Something I read in this article recently really brought it home for me: this was an acquisition for Trump. It wasn't a merger. It was a straight-up corporate takeover of the Republican Party.

"This gathering should send a message to them; this isn't their Republican party anymore, this is Donald Trump's Republican party, this is the Republican party that will put America first," the president’s eldest son said.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
You could give me his email address.
Dear xxxxxx
I contact you from a secure and secret nigerian location. You are under FBI and deep state supervision.
We have intercepted encrypted FBI files saying you are aware of the deep state cover up, and are trying to make others aware.
Please send $$$$ to our nigerian bank account to cover extraction costs for you and your family to a safe location, as directed by Herr Trump.