Quantcast

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Source?

Not that clear it seems.

reminder: by accepting a presidential pardon you forfeit your 5th amendment rights - at least in regards to the crime(s) for which you were pardoned

View attachment 155322

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Source?

Not that clear it seems.

the caveat to that whole argument is again state vs federal. a federal pardon doesn't protect against state level charges, so they can still plead the fifth to state level charges.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
I get that, but I found the idea of pleading the 5th to avoid lying to the feds novel, as the 5th is much broader than the pardon received.

the caveat to that whole argument is again state vs federal. a federal pardon doesn't protect against state level charges, so they can still plead the fifth to state level charges.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
I agree and that was the point I was trying to make. As you rightly point out the 5th can be invoked for a number of reasons and I don't think you need to provide justification.

So a pardon might effect your ability to plead the 5th, and I was hoping you had a source that showed it waives it. Best I can tell is maybe.

people usually invoke the 5th to avoid incriminating themselves or others (for any of a number of reasons), not to avoid perjury per se.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree and that was the point I was trying to make. As you rightly point out the 5th can be invoked for a number of reasons and I don't think you need to provide justification.

So a pardon might effect your ability to plead the 5th, and I was hoping you had a source that showed it waives it. Best I can tell is maybe.
yea, its one of those legal areas with little, if any, precedence. the acceptance of a pardon hasn't (as far as i'm aware) been legally challenged as a de facto admission of guilt.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So Bannon got one and Joe Exotic got stiffed? I thought this was America.

Will jimmydean please report to kidwoo's office, jimmy dean to kidwoo's office.

I think a trash pardon would be the perfect capstone to a trash presidency.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Woah dude, easy on the taco hate. Even rancid taco fillings should never be associated with that guy. It's Steve "what Asbestos would look like if it were human" Bannon.
I would discard his face from the sacks of face meat I feed to my dog. Wouldn't even compost, that shit needs to be kept out of any carbon cycle.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I would discard his face from the sacks of face meat I feed to my dog. Wouldn't even compost, that shit needs to be kept out of any carbon cycle.
Safely discarding the tainted remains of someone so vile could prove quite challenging. Incineration could create too much smoke, dissolving in hydrochloric acid just leaves a jar of useless goo, burying would certainly "salt" the earth, and you can't hang it from a tree and let the night critters have at it as they would surely be themselves consumed by the very evil they ingest. A most vexing predicament for sure. Best of luck in your endeavors.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So Bannon got one and Joe Exotic got stiffed? I thought this was America.

Best thing(?) is that the little turd Kolfage got passed over. I know people who know him, he was a member of my old world and a well known turd. I am pleased that he is still on the hot seat.