Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
When you’re entire legal team quits, it usually means one of two things, neither is a great sign for the Ol Trumpster. Either he’s got roughly zero shot at not losing, or there’s nearly zero chance they’ll get paid, maybe a bit of both?

Does he get a public defender? Or represent himself?
A person familiar with the departures told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed in that regard.
Soo...... His argument is "Election stolen = attempted coup is justified". No wonder his lawyers are bailing. But to @Toshi's point, if Trump was pissing on their legs, 45 republicans would say it was raining. This country is fucked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
He's got new lawyers, look out!!!

And probably a fresh set by Tuesday. Gotta keep'em moving through, like cattle to the slaughterhouse. Yee ha !

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Soo...... His argument is "Election stolen = attempted coup is justified". No wonder his lawyers are bailing. But to @Toshi's point, if Trump was pissing on their legs, 45 republicans would say it was raining. This country is fucked.
I'm enough of a cynic that it almost makes me optimistic on this impeachment trial. #1 thing politicians care about, above all else is reelection, but a select few actually have "doing what's best for the Country" on their list somewhere. I'm hopeful that at least a couple of the votes against the Constitutionality of this impeachment were from Senators who desperately want to not be on record as voting to impeach Trump despite their personal belief that they should impeach. Their vote was an attempt side-step the whole process, because if it goes to trial they have to make a choice and go on record as either a loyalist to a man over their Country, or be seen as disloyal and therefore part of the "deep state", and they're afraid the choice they'll make may cost them their seat and the cushy life that comes along with it.

I'm probably wrong, but if I were a Republican Senator in a deeply Trumpian State and a bit of a shithead, that's what I'd have done. Most Republicans don't have the luxury that Mitt Romney does where the will of their constituents kinda sorta aligns with the Constitution, and since Democrats won't switch parties to vote for them in the primaries when Q Anon ordains their replacement, they'll look for a guilt free "out".

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Last edited: