jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Does he still not own at least one decrepit 757 from his campaign days? Or did it get frozen with the rest of Russia's assets?

It is up on blocks in his front yard. Guessing he cannot afford the maintenance. I think he should just forge the paperwork and fly in it anyway.

The full-size passenger airliner, which bears Trump's name across the side in large block letters, has fallen into disrepair. One engine is shrink-wrapped and the other is missing parts

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm old enough to remember when Tulsi was Brian's favorite democrat. Never was quite able to put my finger on why......
she's a fox news darling

if there ever was proof that brain just thinks whatever is on fox news, that's yet another one

she'll be the repub nominee's running mate on the pres ticket in 2024 under the guise of 'reaching across the isle' even though she's a straight up fascist

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I saw a video of Roger Stone talking to a Qanon conference (WTF?) over the weekend, where he lays out the plan to get TFG back into power. He was serious, and the fucking loons in attendance seemed to love the idea.
  1. re-take control of the House
  2. make Trump Speaker
  3. 25th Amendment Biden
  4. Impeach and remove now Pres. Harris
  5. TFG steals back power
  6. we all fubar'd

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I saw a video of Roger Stone talking to a Qanon conference (WTF?) over the weekend, where he lays out the plan to get TFG back into power. He was serious, and the fucking loons in attendance seemed to love the idea.
  2. make Trump Speaker
  3. 25th Amendment Biden
  5. TFG steals back power
  6. we all fubar'd
naw somebody will post a funny meme from occupy democrats or a lincoln project vid, pretend like voting will make a difference, and it'll all be okay.

Biden has so thoroughly turned his back on the pretty massive mobilization that that got him into office by increasing federal cop funding, not touching student debt which he promised to do, doing the equivalent trumpfucking of CDC data in regards to covid, and funneling money that should be going to social programs into an even more bloated military budget.........and kamala is such an arrogant condescending neolib, no one will mobilize behind her outside of the weird hive contingent. Will be hard to feel sorry for them. The creeps just want it more.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
  2. make Trump Speaker
  3. 25th Amendment Biden
  5. TFG steals back power
  6. we all fubar'd
Mike Lindell is his crack dealer

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
naw somebody will post a funny meme from occupy democrats or a lincoln project vid, pretend like voting will make a difference, and it'll all be okay.

Biden has so thoroughly turned his back on the pretty massive mobilization that that got him into office by increasing federal cop funding, not touching student debt which he promised to do, doing the equivalent trumpfucking of CDC data in regards to covid, and funneling money that should be going to social programs into an even more bloated military budget.........and kamala is such an arrogant condescending neolib, no one will mobilize behind her outside of the weird hive contingent. Will be hard to feel sorry for them. The creeps just want it more.

Yeah, maybe Sally from Connecticut may not get her art history degree paid for, but I hope that outside of AOC's twitter feed, people are OK with that.

I mean, Biden ran as a centrist and won as a centrist and is operating as a centrist, but I do agree that he's going to lose in 20-whatever. My hope is that he doesn't run again and gives it up for battle to whomever. Then we can see whether rose twitter votes (the answer is no).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Yeah, maybe Sally from Connecticut may not get her art history degree paid for, but I hope that outside of AOC's twitter feed, people are OK with that.

I mean, Biden ran as a centrist and won as a centrist and is operating as a centrist, but I do agree that he's going to lose in 20-whatever. My hope is that he doesn't run again and gives it up for battle to whomever. Then we can see whether rose twitter votes (the answer is no).
hey-art history degrees matter, ya asshat! i'm a productive and necessary member of society!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

100,000 student loan borrowers

earth shattering

He flat out reversed his position on the things I listed above. He literally got people mobilized on those promises. A partial granting to a select few AND ONLY AFTER SEVERE PRESSURE ain't gonna do it.

I'm talking specifics, not some general 'ran as a ______' categorizations.

I started following a lot of activists after the 2020 uprisings, many of the same people who got these topics into the campaign. They're pissed. And they won't be doing the work for biden this time around based on very concrete actions they've taken or ignored.

Blowing off the concept as arts degrees just kind of shows the lack of understanding of what loan debt actually does to the available participants of our grand capitalist system. It's a predatory interest system that in many ways prevents the economic recovery he ran so hard on.

earth shattering

He flat out reversed his position on the things I listed above. He literally got people mobilized on those promises. A partial granting to a select few AND ONLY AFTER SEVERE PRESSURE ain't gonna do it.

I started following a lot of activists after the 2020 uprisings, many of the same people who got these topics into the campaign. They're pissed. And they won't be doing the work for biden this time around based on very concrete actions they've taken or ignored.

Blowing off the concept as arts degrees just kind of shows the lack of understanding of what loan debt actually does to the available participants of our grand capitalist system. It's a predatory interest system that in many ways prevents the economic recovery he ran so hard on.
What you seem to be ignoring is that presidents of the United States have little actual power. They might have things that they would like to accomplish, but our inane legislature gads about according to its own power struggles. I still think that Biden's way less than ideal, but he's way better than Trump was.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What you seem to be ignoring is that presidents of the United States have little actual power. They might have things that they would like to accomplish, but our inane legislature gads about according to its own power struggles. I still think that Biden's way less than ideal, but he's way better than Trump was.
Not on these

-the fact that he's selectively decided to partially address the student loan forgiveness concept shows that he can. It's not a budge issue IE: not congress/legislation

-It was literally biden sending back the last military budget until it had a huge increase over previous years

-federal cop funding ^see above

Everything I mentioned were specific actions and outcomes taken by biden, within his authority before a signature on legislation, actions through cabinet secretaries, or exec orders. I know exactly what he's able to do and not do. These topics were specifically put on his plate because they are absolutely within his authority one way or another. And he HAS taken action on them. Just not the actions he said he would because bIpArTiSaNsHiP

These are not magic spells I'm talking about. They are roles and priorities set up by an administration and have led to specific outcomes. And they love them some cops, military and debt.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

earth shattering

So the only correct answer for you is to wipe away all college debt for all people, crushing the economy, ruining a few industries, but making it so that people who didn't choose a fruitful career anyways can be debt free, only to transfer that debt to other people (cause it doesn't go away)...? My point is, he did wipe away college debt, for a boatload of public servants as well as disabled people. Could he spend less on the military and more on correcting the college industry? YES, but he's done more than 100% of the presidents before him.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So the only correct answer for you is to wipe away all college debt for all people, crushing the economy, ruining a few industries, but making it so that people who didn't choose a fruitful career anyways can be debt free, only to transfer that debt to other people (cause it doesn't go away)...? My point is, he did wipe away college debt, for a boatload of public servants as well as disabled people. Could he spend less on the military and more on correcting the college industry? YES, but he's done more than 100% of the presidents before him.
'crushing the economy' :rofl:

These loans prevent people from taking part in the economy. The only part of 'the economy' affected is the loaners who have already made their money back in the cases where the entire discussion has been focused. No is saying free money, it's just no more crippling interest.

Do you realize how many people have paid back their loan amounts several times over and still owe MORE just because of the interest?

I realize 'fuck'em, if they have different problems then me it's because they're lazy' is an american value but you're going to have to stop putting words in my mouth and making predatory loan systems out to be the victims here just to have something to tear down.

Last edited:
Banks and corporations should be made to pay for it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
two thoughts on this ...

1. he might be holding that for closer to elections, totally manipulative for sure, but yea
2. there is a whole financial system around student loan backed securities. and JUST like mortgage backed securities, they can't fail! (I mean unless huge numbers of debtors start to default, or the loans are 'forgiven' ...)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
two thoughts on this ...

1. he might be holding that for closer to elections, totally manipulative for sure, but yea
2. there is a whole financial system around student loan backed securities. and JUST like mortgage backed securities, they can't fail! (I mean unless huge numbers of debtors start to default, or the loans are 'forgiven' ...)
1. LOL, could be. Although that does seem a little diabolical, and I dare say unnecessary. I'm kind of thinking he just does this half-assed version and then campaigns on it like it's much more ubiquitous than it really is

2. So many people don't seem to realize this. It's not about 'free money' or laziness. It's a system setup to benefit banks, not people getting an education.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
'crushing the economy' :rofl:

These loans prevent people from taking part in the economy. The only part of 'the economy' affected is the loaners who have already made their money back in the cases where the entire discussion has been focused. No is saying free money, it's just no more crippling interest.

Do you realize how many people have paid back their loan amounts several times over and still owe MORE just because of the interest?

I realize 'fuck'em, if they have different problems then me it's because they're lazy' is an american value but you're going to have to stop putting words in my mouth and making predatory loan systems out to be the victims here just to have something to tear down.
that's not a bug, that's a feature.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If the students can’t pay back, it should fall on the schools, they should be legally required to pay it back. Otherwise, their screening and education services obviously aren’t effective enough if the person can’t pay it back.

The idea that you actually know something about anything at 17 when you “sign up” is just mind boggling. Even when they say they know…they really don’t know. You just can’t at that age.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
so how much student loan debt is 'woo in?
zero because I was a capitalist retailer of contraband in college. Something that's legal to do now but wasn't then.

I left georgia tech to go to Uflorida specifically because in state tuition and I could get some scholarship bux too. My only debt was georgia tech and I knew damn well I had to pay it off because of what it would balloon to if I didn't. But I broke the law to accomplish it because busting my ass at subway just wasn't covering it.

But several of my friends in their late 30s and 40s are still dealing with this shit because they didn't want to risk life in prison like I did. And you've probably noticed, it's WAY more expensive now to go to college than when we did.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
zero because I was a capitalist retailer of contraband in college. Something that's legal to do now but wasn't then.

I left georgia tech to go to Uflorida specifically because in state tuition and I could get some scholarship bux too. My only debt was georgia tech and I knew damn well I had to pay it off because of what it would balloon to if I didn't. But I broke the law to accomplish it because busting my ass at subway just wasn't covering it.

But several of my friends in their late 30s and 40s are still dealing with this shit because they didn't want to risk life in prison like I did. And you've probably noticed, it's WAY more expensive now to go to college than when we did.
sex work is only legal in nevada

i never knew you were a sandwich artist.

yes, i know how much college costs, i've been saving for both my kids.

all joking aside, i remain unconvinced that student loan debt (and modern debt in general) isn't tantamount to modern indentured servitude.