Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'll bet that a condition of the settlement is that Fox publishes a full correction and admits to it all.
I'll take that bet.

Edit!:
  • Fox acknowledged the court's rulings finding "certain claims about Dominion to be false." However, the network will not have to acknowledge on air that it told election lies as part of the settlement, a representative for Dominion said.

I expected nothing, and I'm still disappointed. :disgust1:

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
From the standpoint of Dominion, a settlement that is 10x the approximate value of the company is a huge win. For the country, not so much.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:disgust1: well ain't THAT some bullshit.
Other than individual grab ass cases, that's exactly how that network has skirted responsibility since their inception. You remember in the 90s when they were relatively new, and nowhere near the level of propaganda they are now....and got a court ruling in new york exempting them from any obligation to operate as 'news'. They were literally deemed entertainment. Speaking up for assholes is profitable. They're not going to give up without fighting tooth and nail.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The facts from discovery are already there. If you look for them. And if facts even matter anymore.
-Brian, probably.

I'm genuinely curious. How many people who vote for the likes of Boebert, MTG, Stefanik, etc do you think are even going to be exposed to this news in their little closed off right wing echo-sphere/safe places without tacit admissions of wrong doing from the likes of Cucker? Not even to change their minds, not even to take a moment to reflect, but to simply hear the news without immediately out right rejecting it as "fake news". Greater than zero? Because I'm skeptical.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
-Brian, probably.

I'm genuinely curious. How many people who vote for the likes of Boebert, MTG, Stefanik, etc do you think are even going to be exposed to this news in their little closed off right wing echo-sphere/safe places without tacit admissions of wrong doing from the likes of Cucker? Not even to change their minds, not even to take a moment to reflect, but to simply hear the news without immediately out right rejecting it as "fake news". Greater than zero? Because I'm skeptical.
"look over there"

foxscreencapdominionday.JPG

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
-Brian, probably.

Yeah?? Well what about Hunter's laptop?

Check aaaaand MATE.

:cool:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In the last 12 months we've now seen the largest personal defamation case in history (alex jones at $1B+) and this one which is the largest in corporate history.

I know better but if I was stupid, I'd believe that sometimes this system of dealing with fascist bullshit is starting to work. Prolly just inflation™

Fuckin dominion....if I had anything to do with that company getting cucker tarlson and sean hairity to testify would have been worth it.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
In the last 12 months we've now seen the largest personal defamation case in history (alex jones at $1B+) and this one which is the largest in corporate history.

I know better but if I was stupid, I'd believe that sometimes this system of dealing with fascist bullshit is starting to work. Prolly just inflation™

Fuckin dominion....if I had anything to do with that company getting cucker tarlson and sean hairity to testify would have been worth it.

The money I can understand. What I can't is not having Fucker et al have to say at every commercial break for 3 months about how they lied and mislead their viewership. Full mea culpa.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Ya know, the majority of Fox viewers are probably unaware of the settlement. I’m guessing of course since I don’t watch the network. I doubt they are covering this story.
An anecdote of exactly one:

Got a text from my friend in LA. We grew up together and he married the pastors daughter. Father in Law has always been a right wing Jesus nut who has bathed in the fox news poisoned well since it's inception. Father in Law had zero idea any of the Dominion stuff was even happening.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ya know, the majority of Fox viewers are probably unaware of the settlement. I’m guessing of course since I don’t watch the network. I doubt they are covering this story.
they're too busy fapping furiously over hunter biden

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Speculation on a Cucker 2024 run for Potus:

Wouldn't be surprised.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

The article is really quite amazing. He's so fucking dumb. :rofl: Paging @Poops McDougal
Hey now, can the CEO of Trump's media group and a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom really be that dumb? How dare you besmirch the good name of Devin Nunes, and by extension, the values that the Valley holds dear!
Fucked around and found out. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fucked around and found out. :rofl:

when keepin' it real goes wrong

In the 101-page opinion issued Tuesday, Williams said evidence developed during the litigation showed that the farm employed numerous workers who provided names and Social Security numbers that did not match Social Security Administration records.

“This Court ordered the SSA to verify the SSNs of all disclosed NuStar Farms employees,” Williams said. “Of those employees who NuStar plaintiffs employed on or before September 30, 2018, 243 of 319 employees’ names, dates of birth, and SSNs did not match SSA records.”

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I'll bet you a shiny quarter that it doesn't even get mentioned.
Ray Appleton (local radio personality) loves to talk to/about Devin Nunes - I wouldn't be surprised if it's mentioned. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised it it's not.

Did I say it would be "interesting" to see how they spin it? By "interesting", I meant "they need to shut the fuck up".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
clearly didn't learn her lesson

"A woman who served time in prison for her involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection embraced former President Trump at a campaign rally in New Hampshire on Thursday before later saying that former Vice President Mike Pence and “every single” member of Congress who certified the 2020 election should be executed."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
clearly didn't learn her lesson

"A woman who served time in prison for her involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection embraced former President Trump at a campaign rally in New Hampshire on Thursday before later saying that former Vice President Mike Pence and “every single” member of Congress who certified the 2020 election should be executed."

Send her back to the can.