Quantcast

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Uh oh.

Corker uncorked again.

So we have McCain, Corker, and now Flake pretty much calling bullshit on Dottard Don. Are the wheels finally coming off?

What was that shit Corker said about retirement? Something along the lines of the next 15 months were going to be the most important of his career?

All aboard the impeachment train?
Wheels coming off. :rofl: The circle jerks are just beginning my friend!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/flake-admits-i-couldn-t-win-gop-primary-be-proud-n814111

Chances Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel didn't link arms as they climaxed thinking of great ideas for America?

is the Impeachment tv commercial running in any of your areas yet?
No, but I did get a mailed survey on my feelings about the Trump agenda yesterday. Must by quite the fuhrer for a commercial like that to air on public TV!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wheels coming off. :rofl: The circle jerks are just beginning my friend!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/flake-admits-i-couldn-t-win-gop-primary-be-proud-n814111

Chances Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel didn't link arms as they climaxed thinking of great ideas for America?

No, but I did get a mailed survey on my feelings about the Trump agenda yesterday. Must by quite the fuhrer for a commercial like that to air on public TV!
I've seen it a few times in a few days while traveling this week.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've seen it a few times in a few days while traveling this week.
Tom Steyer, throwing down the gauntlet!

I do like how he says our senators should have a moral obligation to impeach the president. He's been alive long enough to know morality and Republicans go together like an olive loaf and crude oil sammich.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
while on the surface i agree with this, i'm worried about what draconian tactics and authoritarian BS they're gonna pull in the name of this

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/26/560083795/president-trump-may-declare-opioid-epidemic-national-emergency
They will limit the number of suppliers to the one with the highest government kickbacks so there is only one source and then work in collaboration with "for-profit" rehab services that are funded by the Koch brother?

Just a theory I am working on.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
while on the surface i agree with this, i'm worried about what draconian tactics and authoritarian BS they're gonna pull in the name of this

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/26/560083795/president-trump-may-declare-opioid-epidemic-national-emergency

Probably start a "war on opioids" by going after users and street level dealers while ignoring the corporate level profiteers and medical system that gets people hooked. In other words arrest poor and brown people and lock them up in for profit contract prisons.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Probably start a "war on opioids" by going after users and street level dealers while ignoring the corporate level profiteers and medical system that gets people hooked. In other words arrest poor and brown people and lock them up in for profit contract prisons.
One good thing is I think the majority of abusers are white trash, so that might be good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what's crazy is that some of the regions affected by opiods the most are primarily white.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Odds on both of them becoming lobbyists?
10 billion%

The move stops short of declaring the crisis a national emergency,
Which is good, because things like hurricanes are "national emergencies", and we all know how the Trump Administration has handled those.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Leading from the back

“I have generals that are great generals,” he said during an impromptu press conference outside of the White House before heading off to Dallas. “These are great fighters; these are warriors. I gave them authority to do what’s right so that we win. That’s the authority they have. I want to win. And we’re going to win.”

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm surprised he didn't try to get her started on a chant - that worked well at the rallies - "lock her up! build the wall!, etc." - and then encourage viewers at home to chant long too! bigly chanting! the best chanting! the most people chanting ever!!!!!!!!!1!1!111!!1!!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Who could have predicted this? He was so knowledgeable, detailed and coherent during his campaign.
I'm sure he'll become more presidential once the weight of the office really settles in.

In the past few days:

• On the Republican "unity" lunch: "I called it a lovefest. It was almost a lovefest. Maybe it was a lovefest." (The president tweeted three different times that Republican senators gave him "standing ovations." As Colbert pointed out, "you're the president. They have to stand up when you walk in the room.")
  • "I'm very high in Arizona."
  • "I certainly respect La David—he, who, by the way, I called La David from the beginning. Just so you understand, they put a chart, in front—La David. Says La David Johnson. So I called—right from the beginning, there was no hesitation."
  • "I have one of the great memories of all time," he said, while pointing to his brain.
  • "I think the press makes me more uncivil than I am. You know, people don't understand. I was a nice student...I went to an Ivy League college. I did very well. I'm a very intelligent person."

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

...and finally ME.

- Donald J Trump.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm sure he'll become more presidential once the weight of the office really settles in.

In the past few days:

• On the Republican "unity" lunch: "I called it a lovefest. It was almost a lovefest. Maybe it was a lovefest." (The president tweeted three different times that Republican senators gave him "standing ovations." As Colbert pointed out, "you're the president. They have to stand up when you walk in the room.")
  • "I certainly respect La David—he, who, by the way, I called La David from the beginning. Just so you understand, they put a chart, in front—La David. Says La David Johnson. So I called—right from the beginning, there was no hesitation."
  • "I have one of the great memories of all time," he said, while pointing to his brain.
  • "I think the press makes me more uncivil than I am. You know, people don't understand. I was a nice student...I went to an Ivy League college. I did very well. I'm a very intelligent person."

"A lot of people get rid of the Fed.”

“It’s also important psychotically.”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

In the past few days:

this really sums it up perfectly:

"Bartiromo is an extraordinarily soft interviewer who doesn’t ask Trump any difficult questions or press him on any subject. That makes the extent to which he manages to flub the interview all the more striking. He’s simply incapable of discussing any topic at any length in anything remotely resembling an informed or coherent way."

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
this really sums it up perfectly:

"Bartiromo is an extraordinarily soft interviewer who doesn’t ask Trump any difficult questions or press him on any subject. That makes the extent to which he manages to flub the interview all the more striking. He’s simply incapable of discussing any topic at any length in anything remotely resembling an informed or coherent way."
doesn't matter. he's got the best people working with him to drain the swamp, build the wall, and bring back the coal jorbs.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This.

After about ten days or so, Herr Twitler will congratulate himself on ending the opioid epidemic in record time. Meanwhile, big Pharma and the medical industry will continue business as usual.

Until Doctors, without any working knowledge of addiction, stop prescribing medications that are known to be physically addictive to patients, this will only continue. As an addict, I was shocked at the number of Physicians and PAs that have little to no understanding of addiction and how it effects their patients. I guess this part isn't covered in med school. All they are doing is generating more junkies by fixing one problem and creating several more. Granted a lot of Dr.s deal with patients who are all too eager to pop pills to cure their ails as opposed to taking a proactive approach to healthcare.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This.

After about ten days or so, Herr Twitler will congratulate himself on ending the opioid epidemic in record time. Meanwhile, big Pharma and the medical industry will continue business as usual.

Until Doctors, without any working knowledge of addiction, stop prescribing medications that are known to be physically addictive to patients, this will only continue. As an addict, I was shocked at the number of Physicians and PAs that have little to no understanding of addiction and how it effects their patients. I guess this part isn't covered in med school. All they are doing is generating more junkies by fixing one problem and creating several more. Granted a lot of Dr.s deal with patients who are all too eager to pop pills to cure their ails as opposed to taking a proactive approach to healthcare.
An NPR piece a while back explored how the dentistry school at the University of Massachusetts was teaching their students to recognize the signs of addiction. It also went on to discuss the change in mentality among some doctors that patients should not have the expectation that there will be no pain or there should be no pain following procedures, those doctors were instead prescribing ibuprofen and other non-addictive painkillers. They also talked about an injection, that I can't remember the name of now, that was originally developed for usage during c-sections that is supposed to numb the area for 3 or so days.

Of course contrast this with the anonymous dentist who said that he'd lose patients to the other practices in the area if people found out he didn't prescribe opiods. So that sucks.

On the topic of opiods, this was an interesting read. I can't say I'm familiar with the Sacklers, but I'd venture they are in no rush to help out.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12775932/sackler-family-oxycontin/?src=nl&mag=esq&list=nl_enl_news&date=102617

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They also talked about an injection, that I can't remember the name of now, that was originally developed for usage during c-sections that is supposed to numb the area for 3 or so days.
my wife had her second C back in May. her first was 2015. for the second one they actually now inject (i think?) a local painkiller at the incision area to reduce the need for oral painkillers.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Of course contrast this with the anonymous dentist who said that he'd lose patients to the other practices in the area if people found out he didn't prescribe opiods. So that sucks.
My wife being a dental hygienist deals with this a lot. Folks come in for minor work, then claim to have pain and need meds with no history with the doc, just the one visit. Seems it can be easier to get scripts from dentists than doctors because the systems aren't as linked. Go to enough dentists and you should be good to go.

Trump will get a fat check from big pharma and claim victory.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My wife being a dental hygienist deals with this a lot. Folks come in for minor work, then claim to have pain and need meds with no history with the doc, just the one visit. Seems it can be easier to get scripts from dentists than doctors because the systems aren't as linked. Go to enough dentists and you should be good to go.

Trump will get a fat check from big pharma and claim victory.
The two opiod addicts they interviewed had a scheme going where the dude with terrible teeth would go into the dentist, say he needed work done but couldn't do it that day and requested a stash of pills to get him through the next week cause of the terrible pain. No show the actual appointment and move onto the next one. Sounds like dentists are easy pickings.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The two opiod addicts they interviewed had a scheme going where the dude with terrible teeth would go into the dentist, say he needed work done but couldn't do it that day and requested a stash of pills to get him through the next week cause of the terrible pain. No show the actual appointment and move onto the next one. Sounds like dentists are easy pickings.
I've heard that one, too. Or they call on the weekend when they aren't in the office and try to get the answering company to call in a script, or get them to ask the doc to call it in without ever going into the office.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I am not trying to minimize the issue to ANY degree, but all of this has the potential to fuck over the people who need them, but use them correctly and responsibly.

I have been using opiods since the age of 12.
I'm now 53.
I have always been aware of the downsides as well as the addiction issues.
I have always used the minimum effective amount for the least amount of time.
I do use them when required, but may go many months without needing any.
But when I need them, I am really really really glad that I have them available.

While this has never been an issue for myself, my Doc is quite aware of the dangers.
He will not issue any repeats. Scripts are for 20-30 pills max. An office visit is required for a refill - even for someone like myself who has been a patient with known issues for 20+ years.

Sorry for polluting the waters, carry on.