Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
more:

has to surrender his passport

cannot spend more than $50k at a time except for attorney fees

cannot transfer any funds overseas

prohibited from trading securities without written permission from prosecutors.

I always wondered about the legality of this though. Like, could a judge say you have to stand upside down all the time? What's the basis? "because a judge said it"?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Like, could a judge say you have to stand upside down all the time? What's the basis? "because a judge said it"?
Unless it violates someone's civil rights, pretty much yes.

If that dirtbag traitor didn't like the bond, or terms if release, he'd be welcome to stay in custody.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Unless it violates someone's civil rights, pretty much yes.
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. I've seen these orders where they order the person to not drink any alcohol when there's nothing alcohol related about their charge. I can understand measures to keep the person from skipping the country or court, but above that, it would seem to violate civil rights, until convicted or let go.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
follow up:

A federal magistrate judge on Friday ordered Tom Barrack, a longtime associate of former President Donald Trump who was indicted earlier this week on charges of illegal foreign lobbying, released from jail pending trial, freeing him on a bail package that includes a $250 million bond secured by $5 million in cash.

The judge also ordered Barrack to wear a GPS location monitoring bracelet, barred him from transferring any funds overseas and restricted his travel to parts of Southern California and New York. He will have a curfew to be determined by pretrial services.

Imagine walking up to the local bondman for that...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR