Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
If that's accurate, I'd do quite well under both plans. Hmmm ....
:stupid:

I'm of the opinion however, that it might serve me better in the long run to live in a civilized country, even if it costs me several thousand dollars a year. I've yet to see any evidence that either tax plan accomplishes moving this country in that direction.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:stupid:

I'm of the opinion however, that it might serve me better in the long run to live in a civilized country, even if it costs me several thousand dollars a year. I've yet to see any evidence that either tax plan accomplishes moving this country in that direction.

Give your savings to your kid, she will get to pay off the resulting debt.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
http://taxplancalculator.com/

Looks like I would pay a few hundred more under the House plan and might save the same under the senate plan. Luckily corporations will be hiring more people with all their tax savings so I can get a second job.

Totally worth owning about 20 times my maximum potential savings in public debt.
Unclear if I was supposed to put gross income or MAGI in there but assuming the former then I'd pay $2.5k more under the House plan and $11.5k less under the Senate plan.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Unclear if I was supposed to put gross income or MAGI in there but assuming the former then I'd pay $2.5k more under the House plan and $11.5k less under the Senate plan.
Adjusted Gross Income. The little help button on the page only properly displays on my phone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Under the new tax code will churches still be exempt from paying taxes ? If so, I could find myself feeling the holy spirit.
Yes.

They can no also contribute to political campaigns, which means you can now have tax deductible campaign contributions if you use a church as a pass-through.

Pretty nice that you can now deduct the bribes paid to reduce your taxes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
One of the more :tinfoil: stories I've read into the Russian kerfuffle puts a lot of this on Hope Hicks. As in, lots of the more conspiratorial/top level emails for Donnie Two Scoops actually just go to her, and she just tells him about them. That way, he maintains "deniability" and there is no paper trail. Plausible? Maybe, but it seems unlikely that 1: The Gropenfuhrer is that smart, and 2: That anybody is that loyal to anyone. It would be next level trust on his part and he doesn't appear to be a man who has much trust in anybody, no matter how much he expects in return.
IMO that's not really tinfoily. I'm sure all administrations do that to some degree; verbal communications are convenient in that they have an insulating middle man and allow people to "fail to recollect" what happened. I seem to recall that in the past Trump has made statements about not personally using email because email can be used against you during litigation (heard it on NPR I think, still trying to Google the source, I'm just getting more recent Trump email results at the moment).

His business career has done a bang up job at giving him the practice he needs to evade being held personally responsible for anything he says or does. I'd imagine he's very well versed in the nuances of that dance.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yes.

They can no also contribute to political campaigns, which means you can now have tax deductible campaign contributions if you use a church as a pass-through.

So I, er my congregation, could become a powerful lobbying group to advance the interests of Dirt Church. This has potential.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yes.

So if a church does not have to pay taxes, could I become ruler of my own church, then donate up to 50% of my AGI to said church to reduce my tax burden by 50% while still personally retaining the full amount?

Likewise, could I donate my house to my church so I don't have to pay property taxes and get to take that as a deduction too?

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yes.

So if a church does not have to pay taxes, could I become ruler of my own church, then donate up to 50% of my AGI to said church to reduce my tax burden by 50% while still personally retaining the full amount?

Likewise, could I donate my house to my church so I don't have to pay property taxes and get to take that as a deduction too?
Looks like my FSM priesthood is going to come in handy again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i'd have some serious lulz if they had to vote against their own bill because they screwed up
The house would have to change it and send it back. Of course for the Senate to pass with only a majority they would have to get the debt below 1.5 Trillion which means they have to pull the plug on something else. That something else is most likely going to be paid by people who work for a living.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Damn, I would save between 2300-2400, hookers and cocaine for all!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I posted this on a friends FB:

Spent Thanksgiving with my Dad this weekend. He's of the opposite political leanings. All he wants is to go back to 1950s faux country music and dancing with pink sequin country western "uniforms" and any other culture need not apply. He's constantly asking "what the hell is this crap" on the TV and in other places, not able to accept anything slightly different. He's willing to sacrifice everything to vote for/get to this, no matter how sickening the consequences. I don't know how to address it. He's also disgusted and angry that we keep sending servicemen off to die in foreign countries in endless wars (as a former military corpsman), but then when it comes to protesting, you better "get out of the country"-because you have no right to protest "the flag", all of his actions "feed" the monster of endless war. I don't understand why he is so angry and why everything that exists has to be according to what he likes, as in people can only protest how "I like" and people can only enjoy the things that "I like". It blows my mind, but it's exactly why we have these guys in office. They are willing to sacrifice freedom and all of the tangible and intangible things that define what is really great about our country, for things that cause suffering and hurt to others.