Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"stop looking like idiots to the nation" - Charles Barkley

“When people in your own party say they won’t vote for you or support you, that’s a dead giveaway. It’s amazing,” he said at an eve of election rally in Birmingham. “I am begging and urging everybody to get out, call all your friends. We’ve got to, at some point, we’ve got stop looking like idiots to the nation.
:rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you know there are people who will vote for him out of ignorance.
ftfy. But yeah, pretty much. I would say at least 1/3 of the Donald's votes could be classified as such.

<edit> My BIL would have never voted for a woman, so long as an old white dude was in the race.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Moore's campaign spokesman... literally mouth agape in silence upon learning, on live TV, that the law does not require an elected official to be sworn in on the christian bible

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Update | 10:05 p.m. ET – Those early exit poll predictions about the strength of the black vote appear to have been accurate and that’s very good news for Doug Jones’ hopes of claiming the Alabama Senate seat. Indeed, the heavily black counties in the state have turned out at a much higher percentage than rural white counties, as reported by Dave Wasserman of the Cook Political Report.
How wicked if Moore loses because black folks don't want a pedo.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On the central issue of the election, 51 percent of voters said the allegations against Moore were definitely or probably true, while somewhat fewer, 44 percent, saw them as definitely or probably false.

That said, well fewer than half, 41 percent, said these allegations were at least one of several important factors in their vote. A majority, 54 percent, said they were a minor factor or not a factor at all. Strikingly, as well, 57 percent said they made their choice before November; that is, before the allegations against Moore surfaced.
WTF is wrong with people?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
ethics committee and gets tossed.
Bullshit. Yurtle the turtle and Eddie Munster would have worked him like a rented mule pushing their bullshit through. I don't believe for a second that if Moore had won that the GOP would have followed up on any of the claims against Moore. Party before country, they could give two shits about his kiddy diddling.

But you're right, unless the GOP runs another yosemite sam, cosplaying, pedo, Jones is a 1 termer.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This is what I was talking about the other day. This is why the Democrats have to toss Franken. Yea, single issue voting is a problem. If your stance on abortion allows you to vote for a pedophile, you're unhinged. If you only vote on guns, you're unhinged. Character matters. Integrity matters. FSM knows I'm pretty hard on for health care reform/single payer. If in 2018 some left wing messiah comes around saying he'll give me first world health care, but he also happens to kick puppies on the weekend, am I going to vote for him? Fuck no.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I explained this a few pages back. Certain people are convinced that a certain time period was better than what they are experiencing now and they will sacrifice everything and anything to get back to what they perceive as better/perfect. This is the dream that the GOP keeps selling. If we could just go back to faux country western music and dancing and 1950s neighborhoods without colored people and without having to experience any culture of other races, then we could make it all great again. People have bought into this hook line and sinker, their want to get "back to this" is so strong they will ignore anything and destroy everything in an attempt to get there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the great people of massachusetts voted for a guy who let a woman drown in a car he put in the river without blinking a eye....and that great party never told him he couldn't run.