Quantcast

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I wonder whats in those emails? Probably nothing, because the KKK is allowing transgender eskimos to join the club on condition they can show bitcoin receipts for the purchase of bump stocked rifles and MAGA hats. And that's exactly why we should have been screening all women who come into our borders for pregnancy.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Bob Corker is a douchecanoe, first class.

"... he switched his vote to “yes” on the tax legislation, only after Republican leaders added in a provision reducing taxes on income from real-estate LLCs. Federal records reviewed by IBT show Corker, a commercial real estate mogul, made up to $7 million last year from such income. President Donald Trump's financial disclosures listed between $41 million and $68 million of the same income.

http://www.ibtimes.com/g00/political-capital/senator-bob-corker-said-he-hasnt-read-tax-bill-denies-changing-his-vote-exchange?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cDovL3ZlcmlmaWVkcG9saXRpY3MuY29tL3JlYWwtcmVhc29uLXNlbi1jb3JrZXJzLXRheC1iaWxsLXZvdGUtY2hhbmdlLWp1c3QtcmV2ZWFsZWQtc2NhbmRhbC8=&i10c.ua=1

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
trump needs a punching bag....mueller is staying.....for the sake of keeping his base pissed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bob Corker is a douchecanoe, first class.

"... he switched his vote to “yes” on the tax legislation, only after Republican leaders added in a provision reducing taxes on income from real-estate LLCs. Federal records reviewed by IBT show Corker, a commercial real estate mogul, made up to $7 million last year from such income. President Donald Trump's financial disclosures listed between $41 million and $68 million of the same income.

http://www.ibtimes.com/g00/political-capital/senator-bob-corker-said-he-hasnt-read-tax-bill-denies-changing-his-vote-exchange?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cDovL3ZlcmlmaWVkcG9saXRpY3MuY29tL3JlYWwtcmVhc29uLXNlbi1jb3JrZXJzLXRheC1iaWxsLXZvdGUtY2hhbmdlLWp1c3QtcmV2ZWFsZWQtc2NhbmRhbC8=&i10c.ua=1
Remember pork barrel politics when senators would support shitty legislation because add-ons would benefit their constituents?
Those were the days.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This makes 3 totally unqualified Judicial Nominees that have been sent packing :headbang::headbang::headbang::rofl::rofl:

Trump judicial pick Matthew Petersen, who never tried a case, withdraws

Trump nominated Petersen for a seat on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, which carries a lifetime tenure.

Last week, Petersen was grilled by Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing about his background and the nominee stumbled badly when quizzed on matters of law and his legal experience.

"Have you tried a jury trial?" Kennedy asked.

“I have not,” said Petersen.

"Have you ever argued a motion in federal court?" Kennedy later asked.

"No," Petersen responded.

Petersen also admitted he had never done a bench trial, or tried any civil or criminal cases in federal or state court. He also could not explain the Daubert standard, regarding the admissibility of expert testimony, among other legal terms.

The latest withdrawal comes after two of Trump's other judicial picks were knocked out of the running this month. Jeff Mateer described transgender children as evidence of "Satan's plan" and Brett Talley had never argued a case in court and was rated "unanimously unqualified" by the American Bar Association.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/embarrassed-trump-judicial-pick-who-never-tried-case-withdraws-n830866

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

His remarks at times sounded like an economic address, frequently veering into discussion of tax and trade, industrial deregulation, and a celebration of the stock market. Trump insisted that wealth and national security go hand in hand.
No, that sounds like the last couple of centuries of normal American national security policy & foreign policy........ gathering financial intelligence for and going to war for corporations.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
WH shuts down petition site because f@ck you

If a petition garners more than 100,000 signatures within 30 days, the White House is supposed to issue an official response.

Since Trump has taken office, however, none of the 17 petitions that have met this criterion ― including one calling for the president to resign and another urging him to release his tax returns ― has received an answer.

A White House official told the AP that the administration will “respond to public concerns next year.”

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Trump just admitted in his press conference "now that it's done" that they snuck in to the tax bill...
- repeal of Obamacare (edit: repeal of individual mandate)
- the approval of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

Now they're praying.

:disgust1:

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just got the corporate all employee e-mail celebrating the great tax reform bill. I have no questions that reduced taxes will help my company. I do however get pissed when they use the same lies as the Republicans to richsplain why it is good for me. Company claims they paid the highest tax rates in the world and now they will have the cash to invest within the company. The company has tens of billions cash on hand at any point in time, has been going through an aggressive stock buy back this year and will just about double the dividend payout.

Of course we will benefit because the company has pledged approximately 5% of what they will save next year in facilities improvements and employee training. I am not sure how employees will actually benefit from that, seems like shit the company should be doing anyway.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just got the corporate all employee e-mail celebrating the great tax reform bill. I have no questions that reduced taxes will help my company. I do however get pissed when they use the same lies as the Republicans to richsplain why it is good for me. Company claims they paid the highest tax rates in the world and now they will have the cash to invest within the company. The company has tens of billions cash on hand at any point in time, has been going through an aggressive stock buy back this year and will just about double the dividend payout.

Of course we will benefit because the company has pledged approximately 5% of what they will save next year in facilities improvements and employee training. I am not sure how employees will actually benefit from that, seems like shit the company should be doing anyway.
Reply all with meme

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

So they were going to do without training and safety otherwise? Good to know you’ll be taking home that extra cold hard cash.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So they were going to do without training and safety otherwise? Good to know you’ll be taking home that extra cold hard cash.

Fun fact. I was tapped for a hellish special committee to determine our engineering groups skill gaps and identify training plans to close said gaps. After my initial investigation I presented that our biggest gat was that management had no idea what their engineers actually did and had no means of evaluating their work. I suggested that we either hire managers that knew what the hell they are doing or send the ones we have to the same training we give engineers.

The senior manager panel I reported to shot down my proposal as unnecessary. A year later my boss is starting to come to the same conclusion.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The company has tens of billions cash on hand at any point in time, has been going through an aggressive stock buy back this year and will just about double the dividend payout.
I was reading an article or 5 about that this morning.

Home Depot CFO said:
It really all depends on if it happens and when it happens and how we would spend it. Cash is fungible. Right now, we’re thinking it might not happen until 2019, so obviously we are using internally generated cash in 2018 to invest in the business and return capital to our shareholders. If it were to happen in 2019, we might use the tax — cash tax savings to invest in the business and then use — generated cash to back buy [sic] shares, it’s all fungible. The point is, we’re going to generate a lot, we may get some from tax reform and we will use it. We will invest back in the business, and we will return it our [sic] shareholders.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Yeah saw that and as a result I sent an email to my MP and to the Prime Ministers office asking them to vote against in the UN specifically because of the USA's standover tactics and bullying.
Get fucked Donald.