Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I asked my mom and dad when cutting taxes topic the deficit and bring prosperity/waged up ever worked. The said a whole bunch of things about Obama and I finally nailed down that they thought it was under Reagan. I asked them where all of our Reagan-money is?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So Herr Twitler and his tax goons essentially raised the corporate tax rate for businesses operating in Puerto Rico. So much for job creation. What an asshole...
Which will drive more people out of PR to places where their federal votes will count, and I don't think they are big fans of the administration.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thus hastening the collapse of the American Empire. I've found myself wondering, if this is what it felt like to live in Great Britain in the 1800's. Watching the world move on without them/realizing that they don't need them.

There is a big difference between growing an empire to an unsustainable size and just being fucking stupid.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Just watched a bit of the press conference.:shocked:
Damn, they are sucking up to teh Gropenfuhrer like a third world strongman. :wtf:
Sycophants in full preening display mode, if it wasn't so sickening it would be teh funnies. :no:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
http://www.businessinsider.com/mueller-questions-rnc-digital-operation-trump-campaign-russia-2017-12
  • Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly begun to question Republican National Committee staffers about the party's digital work with the Trump campaign last year.
  • The report indicates that Mueller may be homing in on yet another facet of Russia's election interference — its social media influence campaign and targeted political advertising.
  • Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner managed the Trump campaign's data operation and recently hired a crisis public relations firm to handle all press inquiries.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"...recently hired a crisis public relations firm to handle all press inquiries."

If he has nothing to hide and there is nothing to find, then why bother? Oh wait, he is a job creator. Briliiant!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ignorance is not bliss, it is ignorance

"He's already done enough to get my vote again, without a doubt, no question," Wes Lewis, a retired pipefitter and one of Whitt's regulars, declares as he deals the day's first hand of cards.

He thinks the mines and the factories will soon roar back to life, and if they don't, he believes they would have if Democrats and Republicans and the media — all "crooked as a barrel of fishhooks" — had gotten out of the way. What Lewis has now that he didn't have before Trump is a belief that his president is pulling for people like him.
Ronna says it's all good in the hood, too.

The base of our party is so pleased with the president right now.This year of accomplishments, this year in review. You look at the judicial appointments, you look at what he’s done for veterans, our military’s getting a pay raise for the first time. Our country is safer, our economy’s doing better. Jobs are coming back. Wages are going up. I just can’t imagine anyone running against a record like this – and this is just the first year! Imagine where we’ll be next November as we see our economy continue to grow under the great policies coming from Republicans.
So full of teh winning.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Loser! #2 in the polls.

Trump trailed former President Barack Obama as the most admired man for 2017, according to a Gallup poll released Wednesday, marking one of the very few times in recent history that an incumbent president hasn’t taken the top spot.

Gallup has asked the most admired man question 71 times since 1946 and the sitting president has won 58 of those times, according to Gallup.
:rofl:

"Then Trump comes along with a pseudo-populist message, tied to white supremacy, but also tied to male supremacy. The issue of misogyny in this election is fundamental. It amazes me how people could talk as if it’s all about racism and not say a mumbling word about patriarchy. Patriarchy played a very important role. Homophobia and transphobia, too. That’s not to downplay racism––but it’s not the only factor."

https://daily.jstor.org/cornel-west-interview/

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Golf makes him betterer

“I think it would certainly be developing deeper and better relationships with members of Congress in which those relationships have helped push forward the president’s agenda ― specifically when it comes to helping get the tax reform and tax cuts passed,” Sanders said, adding, “He has played golf with a number of senators and used that time certainly to accomplish that.”