Quantcast

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling for an “immediate end” to the recount in Florida, Donald J. Trump warned on Monday that it could set a dangerous precedent of the person with the most votes winning.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said that those in favor of the recount had a “sick obsession with finding out which candidate got the most votes.”

“Democrats are going on and on about counting every last vote until they find out who got the most,” Trump said. “Since when does getting the most votes mean you win?”

Trump said that, if the recounts are allowed to proceed, “We could be looking at a very bad, very sad situation where to be considered legitimately elected you have to get more votes than the other candidate.”

Having just returned from the Armistice commemoration in Paris, Trump said that Florida’s recount has made America “the laughingstock of the world,” adding, “Putin told me they never do recounts in Russia.”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling for an “immediate end” to the recount in Florida, Donald J. Trump warned on Monday that it could set a dangerous precedent of the person with the most votes winning.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said that those in favor of the recount had a “sick obsession with finding out which candidate got the most votes.”

“Democrats are going on and on about counting every last vote until they find out who got the most,” Trump said. “Since when does getting the most votes mean you win?”

Trump said that, if the recounts are allowed to proceed, “We could be looking at a very bad, very sad situation where to be considered legitimately elected you have to get more votes than the other candidate.”

Having just returned from the Armistice commemoration in Paris, Trump said that Florida’s recount has made America “the laughingstock of the world,” adding, “Putin told me they never do recounts in Russia.”
well, to be fair, he didn't win the popular vote in his election. clearly doesn't quite grasp how democracy works.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It almost had me too.
It seemed just a bit too far even for teh Groppenfuhrer at THIS point in time.
Then saw Borowitz and I went from :o:panic: to :D:rofl:

Still your point being that you even had to think about it, and that at first blush it even seemed possible...

I think the canary is dead.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just listened to CPR call out a new R representative on the fact that the D freshmen are extremely diverse, while the R are with one exception white men. When asked for his thoughts and how a group of just white men can properly represent a diverse population, the representative completely ignored the question and laid into how the D's are "excessively liberal". Fucking trash that you can answer a simple question or back your position.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I just listened to CPR call out a new R representative on the fact that the D freshmen are extremely diverse, while the R are with one exception white men. When asked for his thoughts and how a group of just white men can properly represent a diverse population, the representative completely ignored the question and laid into how the D's are "excessively liberal". Fucking trash that you can answer a simple question or back your position.
But he ran in a primary against a woman. Diversity!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Was gonna post this in the poly picture thread but now it seems appropriate here

The elected a white lady so that's pretty diverse for republicans

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I hope that at each and every press conference and appearance where Trump takes questions, the press ask him/Sanders for an update on the 10% middle class tax cut that is now OVERDUE.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Was gonna post this in the poly picture thread but now it seems appropriate here

The elected a white lady so that's pretty diverse for republicans
there was a black republican in detroit that lost that you can make fun of.....not sure if the female black republican in utah won her race....feel free to make fun of her....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I hope that at each and every press conference and appearance where Trump takes questions, the press ask him/Sanders for an update on the 10% middle class tax cut that is now OVERDUE.
And the infrastructure, and the really good healthcare plan...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Your point?
there is a smidgen of diversity on the other side....is it as diverse as the democrats....nope....do they wish it could be more diverse....yes.....does trump help that....nope.

come 2020....are you going to vote for the rapey white guy or the rape enabling white woman?

there is a smidgen of diversity on the other side....is it as diverse as the democrats....nope....do they wish it could be more diverse....yes.....does trump help that....nope.

come 2020....are you going to vote for the rapey white guy or the rape enabling white woman?
Come 2020 I will vote for the presidential candidate likely to do the least damage.

It's not clear to me that those that pass as Republicans wish to be diverse. A major piece of their strategy subsequent to the civil rights era has been to supplant the old Dixiecrats with their own brand of covert, rather than overt, institutional racism.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
A major piece of their strategy subsequent to the civil rights era has been to supplant the old Dixiecrats with their own brand of covert, rather than overt, institutional racism.
It's refreshing when someone actually knows something about history. One of the latest revisionist history attempts by the weird online conservative folks is to convince people that the Republicans are the party of Civil Rights.

if it is who i think it will be
Lets hear your prediction then!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
different states....different guidelines...
Are you a politician?
Your inability to answer the question would indicate a yes.

I was a simple question.
If you have an election where votes are cast.
Do you not count them all?
Why would you not?

Seriously WTF is up with time limits on counting the votes ?
It takes as long as it takes.

If you are not counting every single fucking one of them, then what the fuck is the point?