Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd love to see a cool-headed analysis of how much the incentive packages offered for Amazon, Foxconn, etc. are worth in terms of what the governments and communities get. Such an analysis would include real data from prior such packages, not just super rosy predictions a la "tax cuts pay for themselves!" bullshit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Isn’t it the opposite of the ‘Invisible Hand’?
I would imagine that would make an ultra-conservatives’ head explode.
Unless it's tax breaks for a Creationist theme park. That's cool, or so Kentucky goes...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
https://www.justsecurity.org/62573/richard-burr-leadership-senates-russia-investigation-disintegrate/

Burr is compromised.

From Aug. 11 to Sept. 6, 2016, the C.I.A. organized “a series of urgent, individual briefings for [the] eight top members of Congress.” The C.I.A. informed Burr and the others that the U.S. intelligence community had discovered the Kremlin was working to help elect Trump and that “unnamed advisers to Mr. Trump might be working with the Russians.”

With this information in hand, Burr decided not only to join the Trump campaign and tie his political fate to Trump. Burr also took the now difficult-to-explain step of publicly repudiating suggestions that the Russians were acting in support of Trump. In an Oct. 3, 2016 interview, Burr said, “I have yet to see anything that would lead me to believe” Russia was interfering to benefit Trump. It was also a notable exception to Burr’s reputation for avoiding speaking with the press.

Most important, we now know that what Burr said in the interview was inconsistent with what the C.I.A had told him. Former C.I.A. Director John Brennan would later testify before Congress that he had kept Burr and the others in the Gang of Eight fully informed.

“The full details of what we knew at the time was shared only with these members of Congress,” Brennan said. “The substance of those briefings was entirely consistent with the main judgments contained in the January classified and unclassified assessments—namely, that Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton and harm her electability and potential presidency, and help President Trump’s election chances.”

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
[QUOTE="Toshi, post: 4328447, member: 796"

Burr is compromised.[/QUOTE]

You’d think Mueller, his friend of 30years, would’ve caught on to that, if accurate.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just Burr?

I call bullshit. The RNC is compromised and the "base" still loves him. The GOP leadership has hitched their wagon to trump and they are now all in. I'll start to believe it the day some Republican who isn't "retiring to spend time with family" finds the courage to call out Drumpf.
My mistake, posted pre-coffee. But my incredulity stands. Nunes is compromised as fuck, it's the only explanation.
I doubt it. It will take more than 2 years for the treason stench to wash off, plus I'm a serious skeptic that Ryan has the balls to primary a sitting "republican" president*. He set fire to the house and just doesn't want to live in the ashes. 10 or 15 years down the road, maybe.

:tinfoil: time:

Or alternately;
He's about to be implicated. Remember the whole "keep it in the family" thing? Don't forget also, the RNC was most likely hacked as well, as the DNC, yet none of that has ever surfaced.

That said, if true, Ryan is a complicit, and probably a traitor.

TINFOIL EDIT: Sweet baby Jesus, I can't believe I forgot about this, but Cohen, Trumps lawyer, who got no-knocked by every law enforcement agency that exists the other day, was Deputy Finance Chairman of the RNC, under probable rapist and serial sex abuser Steve Wynn. The RNC is dirty, has taken Russian money and is compromised. Ryan knows it, Cohen knows it, and now Mueller knows it. Ryan is getting out while he can. :tinfoil:
The GOP? You're kidding right? Have you met them? They are just as compromised, they are just as complicit. They sold their souls for a supreme court seat, "Liberal tears", and are tied to the treason train now. There is no going back for them. You think Paul Ryan is going to condemn Trump? Mitch McConnell? Any fucking slackjawed, fly over state, bumfuck yokel going to burn their MAGA hats tonight? Any dogwhistle racists like BrianHCM1 or Manimal going to own up to being suckered? The 40% base of "patriots" that are stuck behind him in the world's biggest sunk cost fallacy? Fuck no. We're already fucked, if we weren't, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
The entire GOP is compromised. I keep saying it, the Russians hacked the GOP too. Look at the 180 Lindsey Graham has pulled in the last 6 months. He's compromised, they all are. Manafort is irrelevant is this regard.
To add; I stole this synopsis from Reddit, but think I've posted a goodly portion of it here throughout. Do not doubt, the GOP is wholesale compromised by the Russians. The RNC was most likely hacked just as the DNC, but we've never seen any of it. That doesn't mean it's not being used:

McConnell, Kasich, Rubio, McCain, Graham, Scott Walker all got money from one single Russian.

More info here

Michael Cohen was the Deputy Finance Chairman of the RNC

A confirmed Russian spy was moving money through the NRA to politicians - full affidavit for the details on Butina

All Republicans in the senate, a large amount of Republicans in the house and a 4 Dems in the house took money from the NRA

The NRA and the Trump campaign were illegally coordinating ad buys.

NRA May Have Illegally Coordinated With GOP Senate Campaigns

There is much much more, but it's everywhere.

The thing is, with all this information out there. All that the Russians needed to get by hacking the GOP was that they knew that the money was coming from Russia (illegally) to the NRA and they have everyone on the hook for knowingly taking that money. What are your odds that the people who can't figure out how to format a PDF were talking about it in emails or other tech?

EXAMPLE:

Graham before December 2016

[Trump] He is a jackass... and he shouldn't be Commander in Chief

Graham after December 2016

I am like the happiest dude in America right now,” a beaming Graham said on “Fox & Friends.” “We have got a president and a national security team that I’ve been dreaming of for eight years.

What happened between? - Graham: Russians hacked my campaign email account

And somewhere in there he took Russian money.

You’d think Mueller, his friend of 30years, would’ve caught on to that, if accurate.
:rofl:

"Hey Bob, I know you've spent an entire lifetime in law enforcement, how about we get together friday night and I tell you about all the crime and/or treason I've committed as a sitting public official? Just as friends though......."

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
"Hey Bob, I know you've spent an entire lifetime in law enforcement, how about we get together friday night and I tell you about all the crime and/or treason I've committed as a sitting public official? Just as friends though......."
So a gang of 8 member joins a presidential campaign actively under investigation for collision with a foreign power, yet is spared scrutiny. Makes sense.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Thats a bold claim, care to provide any proof it is infact being spared scrutiny?
I'm not claiming anything.
But if toshi's link is correct, and it's so obvious, why he hasn't been popped yet?
And how is he chairing the bi-partisan Senate investigation looking at trump-russia collusion?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
He's chairing that investigation because of his seniority on the committee. His first action was to try to make possible collusion outside of the committee's scope, iirc from that or other articles, and that was only squashed because of an outcry from Warner.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If they have proof he's dirty he wouldn't be sitting on that committee or retain his level of intelligence clearance.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Or, would they let it go on and watch what he does and who he communicates with?
Maybe. Maybe he was intentionally planted.
It’s all beyond comprehension really.
Russia was THE boogeyman of our generation. So fucked up.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Are you infering that the gang of 8 including Schiff, pelosi and schumer are compromised along with Burr?
Are you inferring that Schiff, Pelosi and Schumer have all gone to great lengths to protect and obstruct for the president despite being fully aware that he's been subject to investigation for the last two years?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Are you inferring that Schiff, Pelosi and Schumer have all gone to great lengths to protect and obstruct for the president despite being fully aware that he's been subject to investigation for the last two years?
It's not illegal, or proof of guilt, to be subject of an investigation last time I checked.
More concerning is the lack of charges against trump after 2 years and multiple investigations.
Whether that's due to lack of evidence/crime or his being protected by a thoroughly corrupt government has yet to be seen.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
so those indictments against 34 individuals - all in some way associated to trump (or other trump associates) - don't mean anything? got it.
That's not what I said.
Nor did I say Hillary was guilty of anything just because she was investigated.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's not illegal, or proof of guilt, to be subject of an investigation last time I checked.
More concerning is the lack of charges against trump after 2 years and multiple investigations.
Whether that's due to lack of evidence/crime or his being protected by a thoroughly corrupt government has yet to be seen.
Option D: evidence for charges exists but Mueller is biding his time due to the DOJ internal guidance that one can't indict a sitting president.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Option D: evidence for charges exists but Mueller is biding his time due to the DOJ internal guidance that one can't indict a sitting president.
I’m simply withholding judgement until investigations are complete. Just like I’d expect a jury to act if im on trial. Call me old fashioned.

I do enjoy how even a little pushback towards the circle jerk immediately gets translated into believing he’s innocent. Like the pic of Hillary, who I voted for despite being an unlikable cunt.