Quantcast

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A leading candidate to replace the White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, was disqualified after telling the truth repeatedly on his job application, the White House has confirmed.

According to the White House chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, the candidate got high marks in his job interview by demonstrating “utter disregard and contempt for press freedoms.”

“We then had him do a practice press briefing in which he was relentlessly abusive, obnoxious, and insulting,” Mulvaney said. “We were all, like, ‘This is our guy.’ ”

But after a thorough examination of the candidate’s job application, “a troubling series of truthhoods emerged,” Mulvaney said.

“It turned out that he was telling the truth about his education and previous employment,” the chief of staff said. “It was a pattern of honesty that we found deeply disturbing.”

Mulvaney said that the “inexcusably veracious” answers had eliminated the candidate from further consideration. “We all feel like we just dodged a bullet,” he said. “This whole episode just demonstrates how tough it is to replace Sarah Huckabee Sanders.”

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a state of panic after their father dispatched troops to the Middle East, Eric Trump and Donald Trump, Jr., have both sought medical notes from a Manhattan podiatrist.

According to an official statement from Donald Trump, Jr.,’s spokesperson, John Barron, Jr., the two Trump boys obtained the medical notes “out of an abundance of caution.”

The podiatrist’s notes, which were made public by Barron, paint a picture of two otherwise healthy young men with foot problems that can only be described as dire.

According to the podiatrist, Eric Trump is unable to operate his feet while chewing gum, while one of Donald Trump, Jr.,’s feet appears to be permanently lodged in his mouth.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is why I think the impending election doesn’t matter. There’s no point in even listening to what any candidate has to say. The GOP is willing to do whatever it takes to keep him in power. Even if he loses the “election” he will still remain in power. The only revelation here will be that the rest of us recognize that our democracy has died.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This is why I think the impending election doesn’t matter. There’s no point in even listening to what any candidate has to say. The GOP is willing to do whatever it takes to keep him in power. Even if he loses the “election” he will still remain in power. The only revelation here will be that the rest of us recognize that our democracy has died.
The continuing spinelessness of the Democratic party and the shockingly clear corruption of the current crop of self declared Republicans now has me firmly in the 50/50 camp of "The Next Election Matters" V. "It's Already Too Late". Trump questions the authenticity of the election he "won". Of course he's not going to go quietly, and I have ZERO faith at this point that anybody in a position of authority has the spine or the willingness to do anything about it.

The continuing spinelessness of the Democratic party and the shockingly clear corruption of the current crop of self declared Republicans now has me firmly in the 50/50 camp of "The Next Election Matters" V. "It's Already Too Late". Trump questions the authenticity of the election he "won". Of course he's not going to go quietly, and I have ZERO faith at this point that anybody in a position of authority has the spine or the willingness to do anything about it.
Although utterly undesirable, there is a point at which the armed forces would wade in.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The idea that trump would refuse to leave office if unelected or after two terms is laughable. Get a fucking grip.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Since when did anything he said hold water?

The guy can’t even get an entire sports team to visit the WH and you think he can overthrow the country?
The idea is clearly in his addled brain. Execution is another thing, agreed, but perhaps he'd outsource that to McConnell and Co.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The idea that trump would refuse to leave office if unelected or after two terms is laughable. Get a fucking grip.
I concede that it's tinfoil-ey, that's why I said "50/50". But they are, as ascribed above, kind of the words that have come out of his mouth in the past. God knows Mitch McConnell is doing everything in his power to ensure free and fair elections, because we haven't had to worry about election manipulation at all, any time, ever. I've noted previously somewhere in PaWN that he certainly has supporters who are ready for Trump-for-life. Bundy types terrorists Rational Gun Owners® are currently attempting a coup in Oregon with very little fan-fare from the administration, good people on both sides, I assume. But sure, maybe it's a bridge too far to think that a guy who says nothing but the best about autocrats around the world doesn't aspire to the same sort of thing for himself. Certainly Trump isn't the sort of guy who gets into stochastic terrorism, accuses the free press of treason, or threatens photographers. No precedent at all to think maybe a corrupt, paranoid, delusional idiot might do something drastic.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Trump pretends a failed economic theory has been proven true

Few people in history have revolutionized economic thought and policy like Dr. Art Laffer. He developed a brilliant theory, shaped unprecedented economic reforms, and helped turn a severe recession into a remarkable boom. He proved that the most powerful way to grow the economy and raise government revenue was not to increase tax rates but to adopt strong incentives that unleash the power of human freedom and innovate, create jobs, and deliver greater opportunity to all Americans. And he’s proved it over and over again
You guys feeling the trickle down yet?

Also this burn

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Was looking to see Dem debate talk.

My only takeaway is that I hate Beto and that most of the people on the stage would rather spew their campaign marketing than answer questions. Warren was the only one who looked and sounded prepared and professional. Not sure if her campaign is going to pull the people together, and I’m sure 45 is gonna poop all over her.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
How meta. Fake news about fake news.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-facebook-ads-use-models-portray-actual-supporters-n1025966?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2ae2X0uy3IAlan898tPdSlh1w5wtw_WRCk-QWrFCaXkaC0zUtqnqoWZO4

This frame from a series of Facebook video ads for President Donald Trump's re-election campaign shows a model portraying an actual Trump supporter. The people in the videos are all models in stock video footage produced far from the U.S. in France, Brazil and Turkey, and available to anyone online for a fee. Bottom left of the frame reads: "actual testimonial, actor portrayal."