Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-day-after-distancing-himself-from-hostile-chant-trump-criticizes-media-for-its-coverage-of-his-rally/2019/07/19/9c094c16-aa12-11e9-9214-246e594de5d5_story.html?utm_term=.ff7ea3854565

Trump said Friday that criticism of the United States is unacceptable and that the four congresswomen “can’t get away with” it.

“I can tell you this, you can’t talk that way about our country, not when I’m the president,” he told reporters outside the White House.
Uh, First Amendment, fucktard?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Article from 1990.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”

Is Ivana trying to convince her friends and lawyer that Trump is a crypto-Nazi? Trump is no reader or history buff. Perhaps his possession of Hitler’s speeches merely indicates an interest in Hitler’s genius at propaganda. The Führer often described his defeats at Stalingrad and in North Africa as great victories.
In 1990 he probably could read. Not sure if he can even do that now, seriously, but the groundwork was laid long ago...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
View attachment 135827

unbelievable.
Remember when people handed out "trump" flags, but the flag as Russian, and nobody noticed that either?
edit: it was at a CPAP
1564075119856.png

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
America, where the president goes golfing while staying at a resort he owns and bills the taxpayers for it. While the working poor struggle just to make it though the day. Photo taken this morning in Oakland CA near 105th and Edes
Fake news, he told you he'd be too busy to golf compared to the Kenyan previously in charge. That $110m in costs to cover his golf trips so far is just a made up fake number.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Fack
Looks like it did last time I was there.
Hollywood is pretty similar.
I was around a few cities in the States a couple years ago. I hadn´t been in over 5 years before that.
I felt as if things had changed a lot.

New Orleans, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Mobile, AL they all shared a common theme. Aging infraestructure (airports, highways, downtowns) and a slight (but widespread) decline in the general look of cities/neighborhoods.
Quite different from the US I remember from almost 20 years ago when I lived in the US for college. Ever since coming back in 2004, I travel every 3-4 years and I get a similar impression.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Liar in chief will of course be utterly unlikely to be seriously challenged about this claim by the media or elected officials of course.

"I was down there [at Ground Zero] also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder, but I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."
That comment...
In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.
Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism