Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The president said: "We're looking at various other tax reductions - but I'm looking at that all the time anyway. Tax reductions - that's one of the reasons why we're in such a strong economic position."
Is that why the deficit is through the roof?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Every time I listen to Trump talk about gun control I feel like he's barely hiding his long-con intentions.

my predictions (don tinfoil in 3, 2, 1....)

Trump wins next election amidst rampant signs of foreign interference and Dem inability to coalesce.
Trump quickly moves to disarm citizens under the guise of being tough on domestic terrorism.

:tinfoil:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Every time I listen to Trump talk about gun control I feel like he's barely hiding his long-con intentions.

Trump wins next election amidst rampant signs of foreign interference and Dem inability to coalesce.
Trump quickly moves to disarm citizens under the guise of being tough on domestic terrorism.

And I'm sure the right wing will be apoplectic. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Nah, he is just going to try and invade Greenland to free ethnic Americans

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

I haven't watched The Simpsons in decades but apparently they're still putting out good, topical shit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
From the WaPo comments section on a McArdle commentary on how Trump is unhinged:

The GOP spent 30 years making Trump.

Everytime they told us that scientists are lying about evolution, climate change, and heliocentrism they stitched another part of the monster together.

Everytime they told us that another cut in the tax rate for high earners would lead to untold prosperity for all they crafted yet another cretin who blames his failures on immigrants rather than underfunded schools and who will merrily follow the piper’s tune when Trump holds a Nuremberg rally.

And everytime they said “lying media” they sent another 1000 volts to charge the lurching beast that says “there is no truth and we have alternative facts!”

These fools crafted a GOP voting base that heard their message for 30 years.

And eventually the members of that base decided “hey, I should run for office!”

And then you got Louis Gohmert and Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman and every other proudly stupid ignoramus with a Mountain Dew Code Red in one hand and a copy of “Young Earth Creationism Today” in the other.

And ultimately that base got tired of smart people like Dole and Kemp and Romney and Kasich and said “give us the human equivalent of a bucket of gravy and make sure it defecates in a gold toilet and hates Mexicans!”

And now here we are.

They’ll never put the genie back in the bottle.