Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Interesting question.
Predictable answers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
a review by the Environmental Working Group, an advocacy organization best known for promoting organic foods, found that more than half of payments made to U.S. farmers went disproportionately to the largest farms, with the top one percent receiving an average of more than $180,000, while 80 percent of subsidized farms were given less than $5,000

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If Trump ever shows up for a debate in ‘20, there will be SO MUCH hilarious material for dem candidates to mock him with.
I really hope it is just a non-stop series of wisecracks, like a roast.
Anything less would be disappointing...but I am imagining he will just not debate.
Maybe this needs a new thread...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It will be very interesting to see, should she make the cut, whether the midwest "I'm not ready for a female president" will go for her. My wife's theory on why Hillary lost was that a lot of people are simply not ready for a woman president. I think it was because Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate and the conflict with Berners kept people home. Either way, I have concerns over whether she can convince the midwest to vote for her.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It will be very interesting to see, should she make the cut, whether the midwest "I'm not ready for a female president" will go for her. My wife's theory on why Hillary lost was that a lot of people are simply not ready for a woman president. I think it was because Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate and the conflict with Berners kept people home. Either way, I have concerns over whether she can convince the midwest to vote for her.
But the majority of voters were ready for a woman president. The people for whom a woman in a leadership position is a problem aren't voting for a Democrat any way.

I also don't buy the theory that somehow Bernie kept people home. I knocked doors for Bernie in El Paso county, the reddest of the red in CO. I gave Bernie, what for us, was an uncomfortable amount of money. I was super pissed about DNC chicanery up to and including the convention. I sucked it up and voted for Hillary even though she was an incredibly flawed candidate, with extreme distaste, because Trump was an obvious fucking lunatic. A majority of voters, voted for Hillary. She did not lose the popular election.

I do not think Warren would lose the popular vote either. For all the good that would do us.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
or option C - election fuckery from D2S's comrades.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well I doubt there was a significant number of people who stayed home because bernie wasn't on the ticket, but I do think a lot of people were turned off by the way the things were handled between he and hillary especially late in the campaign. I am not a fan of Bernie's, but the way the DNC worked was total trash in 2016...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
To be honest I am disappointed that Warren is even running. We would all be better off if she remained a Senator and continued lawmaking. There is no way she can get elected. She has an unfortunate ability to galvanize conservative women who might have otherwise stayed home during the election. Ask any Republican woman what she thinks of Warren if you don't believe me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
To be honest I am disappointed that Warren is even running. We would all be better off if she remained a Senator and continued lawmaking. There is no way she can get elected. She has an unfortunate ability to galvanize conservative women who might have otherwise stayed home during the election. Ask any Republican woman what she thinks of Warren if you don't believe me.
Interesting perspective. I’ve wondered if the US would be better with her in her current role. It’s not like she isn’t influential as is.

I can’t speak to how others view her, but I think she’s the right blend of reasonable and poised for the office. She’s not a character. Still, I don’t think she’s a landslide victory.

After her, Pete strikes me as having the demeanor I’d like to see in the office. Biden is already branded sleepy and making repeated on camera fumbles. Bernie has his bite at the apple, and he’s not someone I would want to hear yelling for 4-8 years. Everyone else in the D camp is a character, and some more cartoony than others.

I’m curious if the R camp will see a challenger rise up. Seems like a good number are turning on 45, but it’s rare to see a party change horses in the middle.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Interesting perspective. I’ve wondered if the US would be better with her in her current role. It’s not like she isn’t influential as is.

I can’t speak to how others view her, but I think she’s the right blend of reasonable and poised for the office. She’s not a character. Still, I don’t think she’s a landslide victory.

After her, Pete strikes me as having the demeanor I’d like to see in the office. Biden is already branded sleepy and making repeated on camera fumbles. Bernie has his bite at the apple, and he’s not someone I would want to hear yelling for 4-8 years. Everyone else in the D camp is a character, and some more cartoony than others.

I’m curious if the R camp will see a challenger rise up. Seems like a good number are turning on 45, but it’s rare to see a party change horses in the middle.
I think Warren is more than capable of doing the job as commander in chief. She's intelligent, thoughtful and professional. But not electable.

Agreed that both Bernie and Biden's time has passed. Which leaves us with...

Sad reality is that until Congress and Mcconnell actual do something about Russians meddling in our election, none if this matters because Herr Twitler will remain in power.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I think Warren is more than capable of doing the job as commander in chief. She's intelligent, thoughtful and professional. But not electable.

Agreed that both Bernie and Biden's time has passed. Which leaves us with...

Sad reality is that until Congress and Mcconnell actual do something about Russians meddling in our election, none if this matters because Herr Twitler will remain in power.
Any reason to suspect other governments wouldn’t meddle? China pulls a stunt to get a D in the hot seat.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Woof. I thought primaries were also a way to get people hyped about your candidate (even if it's a forgone conclusion).

I love all the news stories about biden's eye. I wonder if the constant barage of negative press will energize his supporters even more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I love all the news stories about biden's eye. I wonder if the constant barage of negative press will energize his supporters even more.
You are probably 30 years younger than the median Biden supporter. If they get energized they'll have a heart attack.