Quantcast

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
"fair and square" is not the same as lawfull.

The electoral college is antiquated and needs overhauling or outright deprecation. It clearly gives more influence to states that have less population density. And that is not fair or balanced. But it is legal.
The problem is, two states would then control the outcome of all elections. If you removed the state of California, Trump won by a few million. Clinton beat Trump by over 3.4M votes in CA alone. The electoral college gives all states say, that's why our founding fathers went with that direction and not he popular vote. Approx 2/3's of California usually vote Democrat in turn, with the largest population in the country would control the outcome of a popular vote election. California gives the most electoral college votes in the country at 55 so it can keep any side in an election.

I guess you can take the smallest state, find out how many registered voters there are and then only allow the same numbers of voters in every state so everything is even, voters in larger states would be chosen by lottery every 4 years. That way a larger population could not control the outcome and there would be your popular vote. However we're all aware, that's not fair either.

Then again, if the tables were turned, I'm willing to bet the left would be saying the electoral college is totally fair. Just say'n, and you know I'm right.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Also; I'll give Donald credit for one thing. Nobody else has even come close to making Ted Cruz look like a quivering bitch the way Donald did.
Just wait and see if Warren gets the Democratic vote and debates against Trump. I can see it now, Trump walking out on stage wearing a Indian headdress.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just wait and see if Warren gets the Democratic vote and debates against Trump. I can see it now, Trump walking out on stage wearing a Indian headdress.
That would definitely help prove that he is a very stable genius.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!" - The GOP, probably.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Do you think they have a coin? "Emails" on one side, "BENGHAZI!" on the other, and they just flip it and see which side lands face up when they need a distraction for their pudding-brained, base?

FSM

in this bullshit mess.
Jul 1, 2013
Always and Every Where
Speaking of Rudy, please dear sweet baby @FSM, may Rudy do all the Sunday morning political shows. His mouth is the political gift that just keeps on fucking giving. Implicate some more people, you god damned ghoul. :rofl:
Ask, and Ye shall receive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You're wasting your time with that one. You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place. Perhaps this could help?

it sounds like someone on the receiving end of a relationship with a narcissistic abuser. totally skewed view on reality.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The problem is, two states would then control the outcome of all elections. If you removed the state of California, Trump won by a few million. Clinton beat Trump by over 3.4M votes in CA alone. The electoral college gives all states say, that's why our founding fathers went with that direction and not he popular vote. Approx 2/3's of California usually vote Democrat in turn, with the largest population in the country would control the outcome of a popular vote election. California gives the most electoral college votes in the country at 55 so it can keep any side in an election.

I guess you can take the smallest state, find out how many registered voters there are and then only allow the same numbers of voters in every state so everything is even, voters in larger states would be chosen by lottery every 4 years. That way a larger population could not control the outcome and there would be your popular vote. However we're all aware, that's not fair either.
As Toshi pointed out, the Electoral College is an anachronistic "power-sharing" arrangement that was put in place SIMPLY to get the southern states to join the Union. They counted slaves as 3/5 of a "person" to figure out how many Congressional delegates (and subsequently how many Electors) each state would get, despite the fact that the slaves COULD NOT VOTE. That, in and of itself, is fucked up. But a compromise of its time.

The make-up of the Senate, IMO, allows PLENTY of small-state power. The Electoral College is outdated, and, IMO, should be ditched. For president, one person/one vote should be the way they are elected.

Then again, if the tables were turned, I'm willing to bet the left would be saying the electoral college is totally fair. Just say'n, and you know I'm right.
Oh, absolutely. That doesn't change the fact that the Electoral College is an outdated method and should be abandoned.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
reporter: "no seriously, shouldn't we protect whistleblowers? what about the R's who are concerned?"

trump: "democrats do nothing! they should be concerned with maybe what might be coming. we'll see!"