Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The real estate market started to rebound about 2013-14 then took off again from there until 2018...
2007+7=2014 wait, you mean the housing market would possibly start going up again when people are able to take out loans to buy homes? You don't say?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And now we finally have 8 year ‘breathe on a mirror’ loans for cars.
Progress!
Right? We're looking at cars for Wifey and when I'm talking car price, the sales people are only talking monthly payment. It's like, wtf? I'm discussing the price of the car, we can discuss how I'm paying for it later. The Chevy guy was shocked that I turned down an offer at a lower rate that dropped the monthly by $30, but it was $1500 more overall.

Given how much cars cost, the fact that loans are up to 8 yrs now, and at 8 years you're getting into a 100k car, you're talking serious service happening while you still have a payment. Plus that is probably a pretty high rate to top it off so you might be paying 30-40% more than list for that car.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We're looking at cars for Wifey and when I'm talking car price, the sales people are only talking monthly payment. It's like, wtf?
They try the four box tactic with you? They’ve been pulling that shit forever.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Gee, I wonder.
On the other hand, this low-level corruption is rife in the Democratic world as well. It’s the higher level, more egregious stuff (like withholding foreign aid to Ukraine!) that bothers me.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
On the other hand, this low-level corruption is rife in the Democratic world as well. It’s the higher level, more egregious stuff (like withholding foreign aid to Ukraine!) that bothers me.
Well, it is true that a portion of ambassadorships do go to "affiliated" people, the story I think here is the fact that Party leadership was basically saying "for *more* donations to us, we can lean on the right people to approve you ambassadorship". A sort of quid, in exchange for some sort of quo, lets say.

Ironically, Manchester was maybe more qualified then most trump appointees by virtue of owning a home in the Bahamas, so he could probably find it on a map. You know, like how the Ambassador to the EU somehow kept winding up in Ukraine, even though it's not part of the EU.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
2007+7=2014 wait, you mean the housing market would possibly start going up again when people are able to take out loans to buy homes? You don't say?
Not here, job market was still good. Contractors started buying these homes, fixing them up and flipping them. People were sitting on the sidelines watching the market and buying. I know several people that sold in 2005/6 because they sensed the market was going to dip. Sold high and bought low at the bottom. The loan structure changed back in 2009 where most banks would only do 30 year fixed, especially for lower income to protect them from what happened before.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Right? We're looking at cars for Wifey and when I'm talking car price, the sales people are only talking monthly payment. It's like, wtf? I'm discussing the price of the car, we can discuss how I'm paying for it later. The Chevy guy was shocked that I turned down an offer at a lower rate that dropped the monthly by $30, but it was $1500 more overall.

Given how much cars cost, the fact that loans are up to 8 yrs now, and at 8 years you're getting into a 100k car, you're talking serious service happening while you still have a payment. Plus that is probably a pretty high rate to top it off so you might be paying 30-40% more than list for that car.
Not to mention, with 8 year loans, if you decide to get another new car in 6-7 years your residual is more than likely more than the car is even worth. That puts you way more in the hole.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
WTF, is Ratcliff really trying to say that because 'Bribery' and "extortion" are not the exact same words as "quid pro quo" that nothing counts? His best argument is semantics? Jesus holy fuck even Elastigirl can't stretch that much. They're the same thing you dense mother fucker.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Fucking Nunes', snake belly low.......

Not one piece of exonerating evidence. Only attacking witnesses personally while not discrediting anything they say and wailing about tinfoil conspiracy..

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Well, this should be fun. The two GOP witnesses requested by the minority. If they don't come up with a way to really kill it with these two, the GOP is fucked. Can't wait to watch Goldman give these two what for.

Spoiler alert: They're fucked.