Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There are repercussions to jump starting an economy after the worst recession since the Great Depression.
It wasn’t going to happen organically, or with ‘the invisible hand’.
I’m sure it could have been better, but he inherited a nightmare economy.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I can give people who voted for trump a break because in the course of history we have learned its easy to buy into the whole populism thing. Even though its mostly the lower half of the curve that will fall for it along with a few assholes.
However, if you still support trump after all thats happened since he took office...

953ABD45-4B3E-4348-BF0E-75861D3D0446.jpeg

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
not defending orange julius....pretty sure it went from 9-10 trillion to almost 20 trillion under barry...
In addition to the economic stimulus needed after Shrub and the chosen ones crashed the world economy....

Was there not also a couple of wars that were put on the CC that Barry ended up dealing with the bill for?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
You're right! CNN & MSNBC are totally reliable & unbiased news sources that have talked positive about Trump up until now.
Of course you predictably trot out that tired both sides baloney. You shouldn’t get your news from cable news the same way you shouldn’t drink out of the toilet, but if you honestly believe Fox, CNN and MSNBC are even comparable when it comes to representing basic facts I don’t know how to help you. The fact that lots of media weren’t cheering for Trump is because the incompetence, disregard for basic civility and generally unfit character for the highest office in the country was well apparent prior to the election. Just a reminder, you voted for a pussygrabbing, veteran shaming, race baiting reality TV star.

But leaving your lack of media literacy aside for a moment let’s get back to the actual point which you coincidentally failed to answer: you honestly believe that shady real estate mogul Donald Trump, who takes every opportunity to cozy up to dictators while pissing off every democratic ally the US has, who proudly flouts his disregard for law and proper procedures, wanted to make sure there was no more corruption in Ukraine? Seriously?
We are talking about Ukraine, a country where oligarchs have made corruption endemic, a country engaged in a civil war (strangely enough fuelled by that neighboring power whose interests shouldn’t align with those of the US but to which your president has to almost pathologically suck up to)... that Ukraine? Well I’m glad corruption is finally a thing of the past in Ukraine and it’s really amazing that it resolved itself within a couple of weeks and the timing of releasing the funds is in no way related to any of Donnie and Rudy‘s shady dealings coming to light.

Just one further question, how many other recipients of foreign aid are subjected to the withholding of funds and high speed corruption screening routine of the White House?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
It is impossible for a "news source" to be unbiased. It is, however, possible to separate sensationalist idiocy mills such as Fox News from sources which report fact inasmuch as reporters and editorial staff can determine it, e.g. The New Yorker. I sample approximately fifty news sites, treating each with a reasonable degree of skepticism, and suggest, Brian, that you might consider the same.

My cut: Mr. Trump is an idiot and a criminal, flat out.
You really don't know much about economics, do you?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
You really don't know much about economics, do you?
Heres some economics for you, you clueless asshat.

In 2018, 38.1 million people lived in Poverty in the USA. That means the poverty rate for 2018 was 11.8%.

What’s worse, 5.3% of the population—or 17.3 million people—live in deep poverty, with incomes below 50% of their poverty thresholds.

And 29.9% of the population—or 93.6 million—live close to poverty, with incomes less than two times that of their poverty thresholds.

But yes I know, the republican party has been serving you and your family fine so who gives a fuck about the neighbours.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In 2018, 38.1 million people lived in Poverty in the USA. That means the poverty rate for 2018 was 11.8%.

What’s worse, 5.3% of the population—or 17.3 million people—live in deep poverty, with incomes below 50% of their poverty thresholds.

And 29.9% of the population—or 93.6 million—live close to poverty, with incomes less than two times that of their poverty thresholds.
But yeah, fuck those people, amiright?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
But yeah, fuck those people, amiright?
The freeloading argument is invariably the FIRST thing Republican/Tea Partiers bring up on *any* discussion of any social program. :disgust1:

DAMN THE ACTUAL EVIDENCE - FREELOADERS MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS!!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H. L. Mencken
Every time I read one of these stories, of which there is an abundance lately, I find myself of two very conflicted minds.
1. Farming/ranching is hard. It always has been, and the deck is more and more, everyday, stacked against these kind of family operations. The systems setup to support small farming have been twisted into something grotesque and perverted, by design. I am sympathetic too, and can't imagine, the stress these families are undergoing and I don't wish the future those poor kids now have on anyone.

2. These people are not only uneducated rubes, they revel in being uneducated rubes, because take that libtards! Fuck them.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Every time I read one of these stories, of which there is an abundance lately, I find myself of two very conflicted minds.
1. Farming/ranching is hard. It always has been, and the deck is more and more, everyday, stacked against these kind of family operations.
It's the age old issue of uncontrolled capitalism being just as bad as uncontrolled communism. I believe in capitalism, but there need to be reasonable controls on it, otherwise it strips the land and people of everything.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
It's the age old issue of uncontrolled capitalism being just as bad as uncontrolled communism. I believe in capitalism, but there need to be reasonable controls on it, otherwise it strips the land and people of everything.
"bUt tHE sTOcK MarKeT Is aT An AlL tiMe HiGh!" - rube make 25k a year.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Why is Nunes in the room conspiring with Gym and Ratfucker?

EDIT: And WTF is Castor doing with all of his shit in a trader joes bag? Guy isn't enough of a lawyer to be able to afford a brief case? Like some fresh out of law school public defender? The Lionel Hutz of impeachment law.

Last edited: