Quantcast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Question the pillars of his identity by juxtaposing it to his beliefs. Be very ambiguous in meaning, yet precise and careful in wording. 3-4 short questions.... and then watch him go into a tailspin.
Do it 3-4 times at different times/places, and you will crumple him inside.

I love to wind up people like that.
Implies a level of internal dialogue and self-awareness that unfortunately may not exist.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Question the pillars of his identity by juxtaposing it to his beliefs. Be very ambiguous in meaning, yet precise and careful in wording. 3-4 short questions.... and then watch him go into a tailspin.
Do it 3-4 times at different times/places, and you will crumple him inside.

I love to wind up people like that.
He was shaking while we were talking last night and I systematically ripped apart all of his reasons for supporting Trump and being anti-government.

My favorite was when we were talking about retirement and when Wifey and I were planning on being done. We're working around 60 as walk away and he was blown away by it. He started ranting about Social Security and I conveniently let him know that 2/3 of the US population has either paid into it or is currently on it - so huge population. Near 40% of the US population has no other form of savings for their retirement and with current income disparities, have no ability to save 30%+ to close the gap needed to fund retirement individually. Noted that SS is fully self-sustainable if the payroll tax cap is removed. That even though we are in the upper 5% of household incomes in the US and will see a loss if income IF they were to pull the cap, the net result is positive enough that the difference is worth it. then asked him if he's been saving at least 30% of his income since his early-20's, because there is no way he'll be able to retire before 70 without doing that if he's not planning on SS. You could just see the reality set into him and him collapse inside slowly.

Then his "Hillary wasn't qualified" comment. "What do you want? She was a 2 term Senator from NY and had a JD from Yale? She was also on multiple committees. What would it take to make someone more qualified?" "Ugh... Well she got rich in politics" "Not what I asked." "Ugh... Dinner's ready"

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He was shaking while we were talking last night and I systematically ripped apart all of his reasons for supporting Trump and being anti-government.

My favorite was when we were talking about retirement and when Wifey and I were planning on being done. We're working around 60 as walk away and he was blown away by it. He started ranting about Social Security and I conveniently let him know that 2/3 of the US population has either paid into it or is currently on it - so huge population. Near 40% of the US population has no other form of savings for their retirement and with current income disparities, have no ability to save 30%+ to close the gap needed to fund retirement individually. Noted that SS is fully self-sustainable if the payroll tax cap is removed. That even though we are in the upper 5% of household incomes in the US and will see a loss if income IF they were to pull the cap, the net result is positive enough that the difference is worth it. then asked him if he's been saving at least 30% of his income since his early-20's, because there is no way he'll be able to retire before 70 without doing that if he's not planning on SS. You could just see the reality set into him and him collapse inside slowly.

Then his "Hillary wasn't qualified" comment. "What do you want? She was a 2 term Senator from NY and had a JD from Yale? She was also on multiple committees. What would it take to make someone more qualified?" "Ugh... Well she got rich in politics" "Not what I asked." "Ugh... Dinner's ready"
Whereas mango has proved himself completely adept at the demands of the role.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

You're a better man than me. I usually find it easier to just shove an ice pick in my ear than talk to the average MAGAt.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Insane:
"You can't have this guy as your president," Trump argued. "You can't have — maybe I'll sign an executive order, you cannot have him as your president."

But there's this:
"If I lose to him, I don't know what I'm going to do,” Trump said Saturday night. “I will never speak to you again. You'll never see me again."

Nonsense:
Trump confirmed on Saturday night that he will nominate a woman to replace the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the coming days. "I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Trump said. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Insane:
"You can't have this guy as your president," Trump argued. "You can't have — maybe I'll sign an executive order, you cannot have him as your president."

But there's this:
"If I lose to him, I don't know what I'm going to do,” Trump said Saturday night. “I will never speak to you again. You'll never see me again."

Nonsense:
Trump confirmed on Saturday night that he will nominate a woman to replace the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the coming days. "I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Trump said. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."
Orange Foolius is clearly threatened, backed into a corner and projecting his drug abuse onto Biden.

I am rather curious if he will actually debate Joe. Seems like he will try to weasel out of it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Insane:

But there's this:

Nonsense:
Imagine being Brian, and thinking all of that TOTALLY makes sense.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
But I don't need the gubmint spending all my tax dollars on things which can help us as a society. I need them to spend hundreds of billions each year on the military instead.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
only the bestest people

Trump voters: "Yeah? Well whattabout Martin Luther King?!?"
:disgust:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
only the bestest people

Trump voters: "Yeah? Well whattabout Martin Luther King?!?"
:disgust:
joe has this problem

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
only the bestest people

It’s 2020. Who cares about plagiarism these days? There are only so many words, and so many ways to organize them into thoughts.