bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was told Obama didn't call

The Associated Press reached out to the families of all 43 people who have died in military service since Trump became president and made contact with about half the families. Of those who would address the question, relatives of nine said they had heard from Trump by phone or mail. Relatives of nine others said they haven't.
I still can't believe someone in his group didn't write the soldiers he was callings name on a sticky note or something. "That one guy you were married to who is now dead was a great guy, many people are saying this." the Donald

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You got to admit, some of the still shots they are capturing of Sara Sandrabee are pure gold...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm convinced that this push for tax reform is misplaced. I believe it's the perception of what we are getting for our tax dollars that leads to unhappiness with the tax rate, not what the actual tax rate is. It's hard to swallow that our tax dollars are being used responsibly when the most visible elements of our government, i.e. infrastructure, are in such disarray.

Then again I know that the push for tax reform isn't about logic, pragmatism, or about placating every day peeps like you or me, so there's that too.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I'm convinced that this push for tax reform is misplaced. I believe it's the perception of what we are getting for our tax dollars that leads to unhappiness with the tax rate, not what the actual tax rate is. It's hard to swallow that our tax dollars are being used responsibly when the most visible elements of our government, i.e. infrastructure, are in such disarray.

Then again I know that the push for tax reform isn't about logic, pragmatism, or about placating every day peeps like you or me, so there's that too.
You're overthinking it.

"Tax Reform" in it's current state is about making the donor class richer. Period.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You're overthinking it.

"Tax Reform" in it's current state is about making the donor class richer. Period.
I know I know. Well aware of what the real motivation for tax reform is. Gotta help ensure we devolve further into a pay to play kinda government after all.

Still, I can’t help but philosophize about what would actually be a positive step forward as a country if I had a say in the matter. Silly me. Maybe some day.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Still, I can’t help but philosophize about what would actually be a positive step forward as a country if I had a say in the matter. Silly me. Maybe some day.
For sure. Tax me at 50-60% rate for Nordic style social safety net, health care, schooling and infrastructure? I'll pay it with a smile on my face. I'd love to live in a first world country.

I’d say someone should put a gold star on his sticker board for remembering the name of the deceased for an entire conversation, but then he’d probably brag that the Trumps are a good star family and can commiserate with the sacrifices of the other gold star families.
Much like the purple heart he got for bone spurs?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'd love to live in a first world country.
This sentence hit me.
I gotta think that many of the USA chanting Trump supporters have never ventured outside other country (or their county?) and don't know how good we could have it.

We live and work in a global society and market now. There is no way around that. We're never going back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd consider moving back to the UK if it gets too bad, but I'm waiting to see how badly Brexit eff's that up. It already likely means I can't move and work anywhere in Europe...thanks Farange...

Meanwhile, say goodbye to those 401k tax breaks, because you know you can trust what he says...
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/23/trump-401-k-contributions-tweet-244059
Don't worry, your 401K helps to fund people who make real money in the stock market. Last thing they want is all the suckers to take their money elsewhere.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well, many/most people have 401k account, far less have < $500k mortgages.

unrelated:
EPA Chief Scott Pruitt now has 24 hour a day security due to unprecedented number of death threats.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I guess you've got to tax the people more so you can afford to reduce the tax for all those poor starving giant corporations :(

*Hadn't seen that it was just for mortgages > $500k.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
You're right, my mistake. I posted that link because it was the first one that came up when I googled it and honestly didn't read it. I do not believe the first I heard of the deduction going away sometime ago included those figures.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

unrelated:
EPA Chief Scott Pruitt now has 24 hour a day security due to unprecedented number of death threats.
Just make his soundproof $25K booth bulletproof and mobile. It'll be like a popemobile for the morally corrupt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The fact that he is blasting the widow of a soldier he can't remember the name of just kills me. I know he doesn't get it, but he doesn't even fake getting it very well. :disgust:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The fact that he is blasting the widow of a soldier he can't remember the name of just kills me. I know he doesn't get it, but he doesn't even fake getting it very well. :disgust:
That poor woman. A pregnant widow, being attacked by the "President" because he's a feckless, lying, weakling.

And just like all Trump Controversies®, it's self made. All the Trump team had to say was something along the lines of, "We honor and respect the service and sacrifice of all military members and their families. Sometimes it's hard to find the right words for these horrible occasions, and I'm sorry that I did not find the right ones this time." and then, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH. But Trump just can't let anything go because he has to believe he's perfect all the time and can't stand the fact that someone can point out when he's full of shit, which is all the fucking time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That poor woman. A pregnant widow, being attacked by the "President" because he's a feckless, lying, weakling.

And just like all Trump Controversies®, it's self made. All the Trump team had to say was something along the lines of, "We honor and respect the service and sacrifice of all military members and their families. Sometimes it's hard to find the right words for these horrible occasions, and I'm sorry that I did not find the right ones this time." and then, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH. But Trump just can't let anything go because he has to believe he's perfect all the time and can't stand the fact that someone can point out when he's full of shit, which is all the fucking time.
Seriously. Everyone (except Trump obviously) understands that "he knew what he signed up for". Still doesn't mean you go down that avenue when speaking to someone's widow.