Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
People I know post things like this.
Just post back either Trumps own ridiculous words or your own words with his style of exaggerations. I basically tell them all that everyone says I'm basically an expert at this and that there are 15 cases and pretty soon there will be zero and we have ordered a lot of supplies of medical so it will suddenly disappear like a miracle.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Humble brag

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can’t speak for other businesses but we’re still booking jobs and planning on getting back to work when this passes.

In the meantime the furloughed employees are still getting paid. Every customer is still working, just from home. Granted the hourly/tips class aren’t my customer.

My entirely uneducated opinion is that comparisons to 2008 are useless. The economy popped because of covid, not due to its many inherent flaws.

It all boils down to how quickly this passes.
Covid fizzles before it cuts too deep and we can rebound with minimal casualties.
we were on the verge of recession anyways. the pandemic just pushed us over the edge.

rebound with minimal casualties? you would consider a nearly quarter million dead americans to be "minimal casualties"?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
we were on the verge of recession anyways. the pandemic just pushed us over the edge.

rebound with minimal casualties? you would consider a nearly quarter million dead americans to be "minimal casualties"?
Debatable.

I was referring to business casualties, not people.
That said, life goes on.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...he-coronavirus

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Issuing a new distancing guideline on Wednesday, Donald Trump said that he was now practicing distancing from all of his previous statements about the coronavirus.

“As of today, I will be keeping a great distance between myself and anything I said about covid-19 in the months of January, February, and March,” he said. “I will be staying at least six feet away from those statements, and probably more like ten thousand feet.”

Trump said that he could not predict how long his new practice of distancing would continue, but indicated, “Next week, I will probably be distancing myself from things I said this week. This could go on for a long time.”

He urged all Americans to distance themselves from his previous statements, as well. “If you’re watching CNN or MSNBC and they start showing things I said in February, leave the room immediately,” he advised.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the esteemed virologist, expressed approval of Trump’s new policy. “Personally, I have been distancing myself from his statements for months,” he said.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
fair enough. most of the businesses that won't survive are the small ones.
That's been going through my mind a lot lately, and its been an reminder of how shopping local helps keep communities alive. A few bucks here and there won't make a huge difference in my life, but it can mean the difference for a lot of small operations that don't have the clout to negotiate prices that keep them competitive with the Targets and Walmarts of this world. Sadly, a lot of those small businesses that do fold will cede their customers to conglomerates, and we'll all be worse off as a result.

IMO, it's a fabulous lesson in why MAP pricing can be a frustrating, yet necessary, to ensure no retailer has an unfair advantage.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did you see the news reports from yesterday that Secret Service just spent $40k reserving golf carts in VA for his golf course? So it sounds like he's planning a round this weekend too.
Yeah, but golf is an essential business.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Craig Alan Wilkins, An open letter to the president

Dear Fucking Lunatic,
At your recent press conference - more a word salad that had a stroke and fell down stairs, you were CLEARLY so out of your depth you needed scuba gear. Within minutes of going off air your minions were backpedaling faster than Cirque De Soliel acrobats... In India a week ago, i couldn’t get past the bit about your being the most popular visitor in the history of fucking india — a country of a BILLION human souls that’s only 3000 years old, give or take.!!! Trust me - Gandhi pulled CROWDS.. You pulled a cricket stadium and half WALKED out...
Do you know how fucking insane you sound, you off-brand butt plug? That's like the geopolitical equivalent of “that stripper really likes me” — only 10,000 times crazier and less self aware.
You are fucking exhausting. Every day is a natural experiment in determining how long 300 million people can resist coring out their own assholes with an ice auger. Every time I hear a snippet of your Queens-tinged banshee larynx farts, I want to scream!
We are fucking tired. As bad as we all thought your presidency would be when Putin got you elected, it’s been inestimably worse.
You called a hostile, nuclear-armed head of state “short and fat.” How the fuck does that help?
You accused a woman — a former friend, no less — of showing up at your resort bleeding from the face and begging to get in. You, you, YOU — the guy who looks like a Christmas haggis inexplicably brought to life by Frosty’s magic hat — yes, you of all people said that.
You attempted — with evident fucking glee — to get 24 million people thrown off their health insurance.
You gave billions away to corporations and the already wealthy while simultaneously telling struggling poor people that you were doing exactly the opposite.
You endorsed a pedophile, praised brutal dictators, and defended LITERAL FUCKING NAZIS!
Ninety-nine percent of everything you say is either false, crazy, incoherent, just plain cruel, or a rancid paella of all four.
Oh, by the way, Puerto Rico is still FUBAR. You got yourself and your family billions in tax breaks for Christmas. What do they get? More paper towels?
Enough, enough, enough, enough! For the love of God and all that is holy, good, and pure, would you please, finally and forever, shut your feculent KFC-hole until you have something valuable — or even marginally civil — to say?
You are a fried dick sandwich with a side of schlongs. If chlamydia and gonorrhea had a son, you’d appoint him HHS secretary. You are a disgraceful, pustulant hot stew full of casuistry, godawful ideas, unintelligible non sequiturs, and malignant rage.
You are the perfect circus orangutan diaper from Plato’s World of Forms.
So fuck you mr. president. And fuck you forever.
Oh, and Pence, you oleaginous house ferret. Fuck you, too. You'll be as useful as a chocolate teapot against a medical crisis you Bible thumping cock socket.”

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Canada still has to like us, without Florida where would they go?
Nah, I can go all over the Caribbean or Latin America for less monopoly monies. I only know of one person who still goes to Florida, and they have a trailer parked on a canal lot. Everybody else goes somewhere with a culture a bit less white bread.