Quantcast

Trust me...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I just find the spamming in the comment section of the PB review fascinating. Sure a couple comments in support of something you seem to like...I can sympathize and empathize with that. But flooding the comments with reasonably concise pushback in defense of a thing in almost a talking point format just seems straight up bizarre to me.

I have 0 interest in this product personally. I wish the guys or gals working on this thing the best. However I do wonder about their leadership's core values when they release that statement to the largest mountain bike platform.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I just find the spamming in the comment section of the PB review fascinating. Sure a couple comments in support of something you seem to like...I can sympathize and empathize with that. But flooding the comments with reasonably concise pushback in defense of a thing in almost a talking point format just seems straight up bizarre to me.

I have 0 interest in this product personally. I wish the guys or gals working on this thing the best. However I do wonder about their leadership's core values when they release that statement to the largest mountain bike platform.
I guess this shows dentists are a pretty corporate guild :busted:. Seriously, the amount of self delusion you find in the sector buying the most expensive bikes is appalling.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Um......am I the only one who remembers what weagle's presence on this forum was like?

It was like that. Spammy as fuck.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Um......am I the only one who remembers what weagle's presence on this forum was like?

It was like that. Spammy as fuck.
I don’t actually remember that. I do remember dw being very responsive and sometimes getting into epic back and forths... and eventually swearing off forum posting all together.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Strava has dumbed down a few trails round here.

Those people have actually been worse than the people who dumb down trails cause the trail is hard.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Strava has dumbed down a few trails round here.

Those people have actually been worse than the people who dumb down trails cause the trail is hard.
i finally won a battle with some local stravassholes, a cheater line they kept clearing and i kept reblocking, it seems they finally gave up. it escalated to the point i was moving large logs and nearly had to start digging holes to plant them in the ground.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
i finally won a battle with some local stravassholes, a cheater line they kept clearing and i kept reblocking, it seems they finally gave up. it escalated to the point i was moving large logs and nearly had to start digging holes to plant them in the ground.
There's no winning in this fight. I just ignore them now and ride the original A lines. I don't give two fucks about other people and their small dicks anymore as long as the fun lines are still there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don’t actually remember that. I do remember dw being very responsive and sometimes getting into epic back and forths... and eventually swearing off forum posting all together.
See if this phrase jars your memory "most race proven design in the world"

Do a search for 'gamut' by username dw. The guy acted like someone was personally going after his testicles because someone made a lighter chainguide.

What you and manhattan are referring to was 'pre-dw' dave. Once the companies started all that friendly bike rider guy next door stuff changed. A lot. And there was a point when it was pretty obvious that the only time he was looking at forums any more was just to promote shit he wanted to sell. That's fine and all but it was definitely a thing.

I'll get you started: https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ok-who-has-drilled-speedholes-in-their-e13s-bashers.131659/post-1758300

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A lot of things are important with a fork, but for going fast through pounding terrain, I feel that damping is the most important in my experience. This is where the most "advancement" needs to be, with the circuits, tune, blow-off, actual adjustments that work and are not just harshness-increasers, ability to take repeated hits and recover, ride high enough etc. Springs, chassis, lubrication, etc., all important, but I'll always take the best damping I can get.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I posted a little about it here last year about having the same problems. People cutting this one corner in a huge way, to avoid a few roots. Piled logs and sticks up week after week, only to have them get moved. The final time I spent like an hour gathering, piling and pissing on the blockage. I also printed out a sign, laminated and tied it to a stick in the middle of the pile. The pile is still there and hasn't been touched since.

There's no winning in this fight. I just ignore them now and ride the original A lines. I don't give two fucks about other people and their small dicks anymore as long as the fun lines are still there.
Thats the thing though, these people are like lemmings. Once one person starts cutting it, they all do. And then the proper (fun) line eventually starts to fade away. Or they then block it themselves.. :(

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
See if this phrase jars your memory "most race proven design in the world"

Do a search for 'gamut' by username dw. The guy acted like someone was personally going after his testicles because someone made a lighter chainguide.

What you and manhattan are referring to was 'pre-dw' dave. Once the companies started all that friendly bike rider guy next door stuff changed. A lot. And there was a point when it was pretty obvious that the only time he was looking at forums any more was just to promote shit he wanted to sell. That's fine and all but it was definitely a thing.

I'll get you started: https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ok-who-has-drilled-speedholes-in-their-e13s-bashers.131659/post-1758300
Ah, I do remember that now. I was pretty scarce around here for a stretch (2004-2009), so I'll believe you on how things went down.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I posted a little about it here last year about having the same problems. People cutting this one corner in a huge way, to avoid a few roots. Piled logs and sticks up week after week, only to have them get moved. The final time I spent like an hour gathering, piling and pissing on the blockage. I also printed out a sign, laminated and tied it to a stick in the middle of the pile. The pile is still there and hasn't been touched since.

Thats the thing though, these people are like lemmings. Once one person starts cutting it, they all do. And then the proper (fun) line eventually starts to fade away. Or they then block it themselves.. :(
i remember. good work.

lolz! fuckin roadies...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
What I have found is that if you block the cheater line with something that will take two people to move, the problem typically goes away. If you replace it with something that takes three people to move, the repair usually stays permanent.
because convincing one buddy to help you is hard enough, try to convince two, and they will call you a pussy, and would much rather just ride. (Or build a feature, of course).

Last edited:
What I have found is that if you block the cheater line with something that will take two people to move, the problem typically goes away. If you replace it with something that takes three people to move, the repair usually stays permanent.
because convincing one buddy to help you is hard enough, try to convince two, and they will call you a pussy, and would much rather just ride.
any cheater lines that pop up on our local dig trails get turned into big features. if they try to dumb the feature down, it just gets turned into something as dangerous as the original line. on a few of occasions, the building of the cheater line gets bigger than the original line. then the og line is the 'cheater' line...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The cheater lines I put in are a response to poor trail routing.

so nyeah
:stupid:

It's not like the way a trail was originally routed was handed down from on high and should never evolve. This is very much not to say that there aren't dumb cheater lines cropping up around stuff too, but I've absolutely ridden in cheater lines around a couple extra janky switchbacks on a few of my local trails and I don't feel bad about that at all.