Quantcast

Trust me...

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Few more small potatoes items -

KMC 12 speed dlc chain: $125 (seems like there has to be a more denty chain than that tho)

Time ATAC MX 12 pedals: $350

Moots Open Trail Stem: $415

KS LEV Circut dropper post: $535

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Few more small potatoes items -

KMC 12 speed chain: $125 (seems like there has to be a more denty
What about that pre-stretched, ceramic lubed one, claiming to give you 3 moar Watts over a 200 miles ride? It had a laughable price IIRC.

EDIT: CeramicSpeed bought them :banana:. $135 each.

Time ATAC MX 12 pedals: $350
Top-tier Crank Brothers Mallets are $430.

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
So what PB'er is going to have their name attached to the press release post embargo?

It's gotta be Levy right? I mean this is right in RC's wheelhouse and would be absolute perfection, but that would possibly be too perfect.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I mean, the price is eye watering, but I think it's cool that somebody is making a serious go at a linkage forks that work on normal frames. They make good sense in principle, but there's a lot to overcome in terms of them looking dorky (or at least different than what we're used to), and nobody has really made a good one yet. In that way I think it actually makes sense for them to aim ultra high market- if they make it REALLY good (and at that price they better), maybe they can get people used to the idea by making it something that you would really actually have good reasons to want, and then start to introduce more affordable versions.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
tune housing fur shure.

Also, the one piece carbon Syncros wheels have gotta be up there for price, 3500 for the set?

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
parts that *should* fit together:

Frame: $5700
Fork: $2700
Eagle drivetrain: $1500
Brakes: $800
CC TI cranks: $999
ENVE M735s on Chris Kings: $3080.00
ENVE M7 Stem: 280
ENVE M7 bars: 170
magura veyron: 500
stupid selle italia saddle: 526
schwalbe HD + MM: 206

current total: 16,458

:(

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
DT Swiss 180 rear hub can be had for $600, just saying.

Crack Bro's Legeater Ti 11s are $400

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Roflbox, you're missing some pretty key things. First, CC Ti cranks, are you kidding? Those are rookie numbers. Its all about them THM Clavicula SE cranks, 1300

Also, syncros has a new one piece carbon wheel going for 3500 https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/A-One-Piece-Carbon-Wheel-Syncros-Makes-Spokes-and-All-Part-of-Silverton-SL-Wheelset-Sea-Otter-Classi,2362

And you're missing some key products by ceramic speed. If you're gonna try and tell me you don't need an 1800 dollar ti pully/jockey wheel for your derailleur, you're full of crap.

And what, are you going to put some normal cable and housing on? that's for peasants. You can spend 100 bucks easy on cable housing without looking hard, and there are even more expensive options to be found.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
parts that *should* fit together:

Frame: $5700
Fork: $2700
Eagle drivetrain: $1500
Brakes: $800
CC TI cranks: $999
ENVE M735s on Chris Kings: $3080.00
ENVE M7 Stem: 280
ENVE M7 bars: 170
magura veyron: 500
stupid selle italia saddle: 526
schwalbe HD + MM: 206

current total: 16,458

:(
Throw in the PUSH shock too (although I do want one)

Wonder if you could somehow milk an Avy cart into that new fork? I mean, can you ever have enough mid-valves?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Roflbox, you're missing some pretty key things. First, CC Ti cranks, are you kidding? Those are rookie numbers. Its all about them THM Clavicula SE cranks, 1300=
Those appear to be road cranks.

But these are mountain and $1370: Rotor 2INPower DM MTB

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
And what, are you going to put some normal cable and housing on? that's for peasants. You can spend 100 bucks easy on cable housing without looking hard, and there are even more expensive options to be found.
cable housing is for people without Di2

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
All joking aside, this is a good take on the whole thing. Even if this will never filter down to the price level of the myriad of very good telescopic options out there at the moment.

I mean, the price is eye watering, but I think it's cool that somebody is making a serious go at a linkage forks that work on normal frames. They make good sense in principle, but there's a lot to overcome in terms of them looking dorky (or at least different than what we're used to), and nobody has really made a good one yet. In that way I think it actually makes sense for them to aim ultra high market- if they make it REALLY good (and at that price they better), maybe they can get people used to the idea by making it something that you would really actually have good reasons to want, and then start to introduce more affordable versions.

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
There marketing guy should be fired.

They release in the same week as rampage and don’t have a single competitor on a set.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
All joking aside, this is a good take on the whole thing. Even if this will never filter down to the price level of the myriad of very good telescopic options out there at the moment.
I think most people believe it will be lighter and stiffer than a traditional telescopic fork, and hopefully ride as well as current offerings, but at that asking price, are there really enough DDS-ites out there to make a successful business case?

Preying mantis aesthetics aside, it does seem like a nice execution of a linkage fork and I sincerely hope there is no prior art.

Last edited: