Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Enve...I can see it now. $2600 rims for your $5400 frame...WIN

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Had lunch with Hap a few weeks ago and he couldn’t talk about it other than “very different” than what is out there.

Super super interested personally, as those three cats don’t join together and work under the radar for years, develop full in-house manufacturing supply chains for something that is flash-in-the-pan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think it's also worth noting that DW is actually part of this company as an employee. All his work for the last decade or so was as an independent contractor licensing out his work.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I think it's also worth noting that DW is actually part of this company as an employee. All his work for the last decade or so was as an independent contractor licensing out his work.
And by this company you mean Ridemonkey, right?
About time he turned up. There's a pile of 2000+ questions on his desk waiting to be answered regarding his 13yr old frame.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So you are saying it's a Super Company?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Had lunch with Hap a few weeks ago and he couldn’t talk about it other than “very different” than what is out there.

Super super interested personally, as those three cats don’t join together and work under the radar for years, develop full in-house manufacturing supply chains for something that is flash-in-the-pan.
But still a bike, yeah? Or suspension?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Maybe they will start making crabon frames in America, coz you guys are great again and all that.
Surely there'd be some unemployed Trek workers they could employ.

I wonder what sort of linkage they will use, Evil already has a single pivot frame with twelve bearings, how do you top that?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe they will start making crabon frames in America, coz you guys are great again and all that.
Surely there'd be some unemployed Trek workers they could employ.

I wonder what sort of linkage they will use, Evil already has a single pivot frame with twelve bearings, how do you top that?
Moar crackz

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Gonna be lightweight e-bike. You've read it here first.
maybe? dw's various licensed suspension platforms are fairly dialed; it sounds like whatever this is is quite novel. i don't see much room for a new suspension platform that does anything too radically different. i mean, we've already got naild and missing links already, right? ebike with integrated gearbox? though it seems like you'd need a bigger shop to develop anything truly proprietary in the realm of powered bikes. that a couple of those guys have a bit of moto industry experience may indicate some sort of crossover. non ebike gearbox perhaps? dw did do that e13 gearbox bike way back when, and owned a niclolai nucleon, so the seed is there.

i'm seriously stoked to see what they're building. bastards better not underwhelm with the hype building / cloak of secrecy routine. probably just a highly optimized line of lifestyle clothing.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
maybe? dw's various licensed suspension platforms are fairly dialed; it sounds like whatever this is is quite novel. i don't see much room for a new suspension platform that does anything too radically different. i mean, we've already got naild and missing links already, right? ebike with integrated gearbox? though it seems like you'd need a bigger shop to develop anything truly proprietary in the realm of powered bikes. that a couple of those guys have a bit of moto industry experience may indicate some sort of crossover. non ebike gearbox perhaps? dw did do that e13 gearbox bike way back when, and owned a niclolai nucleon, so the seed is there.

i'm seriously stoked to see what they're building. bastards better not underwhelm with the hype building / cloak of secrecy routine. probably just a highly optimized line of lifestyle clothing.
xy9ine... someone already said ^^^^^^^^ don't go full lahar.

Some good thoughts though. I was wondering something similar. It certainly feel like everything has been done, but we'll see!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm thinking either a new drivetrain or some bespoke geometry service.

Then again, I've been bitching that the suspension world that DW built, one of transparency and math which backs up performance, is being overrun by garbage physics and hand waving...so maybe we'll have some of that.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
bastards better not underwhelm with the hype building / cloak of secrecy routine. probably just a highly optimized line of lifestyle clothing.
Too much hype. If you have ground breaking tech you just reveal it when it's ready. It will hype itself.