Quantcast

Trust me...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
My dentist had a prototype carbon dental pick from these guys last time I was there. Clearly this venture is not limited to just bikes.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I would normally say the hype model sucks, but in this case I am sure these guys are going to something great, it's a bit dif in this case.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I would normally say the hype model sucks, but in this case I am sure these guys are going to something great, it's a bit dif in this case.
I’d like to agree but the industry is littered with Legends who failed to live up to their mystique. The market is very mature at this point.

Being a product whore I genuinely hope these guys raise the bar but the skeptic in me anticipates a rerun of Michael Jordan’s crossover into baseball.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I picture something stupid that The Industry™ hasn't fucked up yet.

Like putting the drive train on the left side or something that will leave you scratching your head and getting pissed off at the same time.

I know GT did that on the internally geared DH bike. But someone has to reinvent it.

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I don’t see any great revelation in geo or suspension design or materials or dampers being likely, though Id love to be proved wrong.

Imho, the main thing, by a long shot, that progressive MTB would be served well by is a puncture-proof tire/inflation-method at light weights (with good gripping rubber, of course). That is my biggest complaint about contemporary bikes. I think inserts are a bodge and we deserve better.

Other than that, do we still need a new method of shifting, or have we all agreed that replacing cheapish derailleurs as necessary is the end of transmission evolution?

I sure hope Trust is not some battery operated kook scoot, but... :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
with all the expectation they seem to be trying to build why do i feel like i'm still going to be let down, no matter what it is?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe we're going to see some sort of quantum leap in bike marketing, where they have the answer without knowing what the question is.

??

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
maybe ratboy will be on this new mobile trailbong 26" rear 29r" front called the 42069'r

Alternating bolts are left hand threaded on the bike

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How about self-balancing bikes for easy manuals and wheelies? Perhaps with an auto-bunny-hop feature available for extra $2.5k to impress ladies?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
It seems some info is starting to come out on the new product. According to sources, it will be a crank providing a 11.87% torque increase for any given force applied to the pedal, allegedly.

First spy shot:

(I've probably said too much...)

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
There is no product. They are going to revolutionize biking by letting you be a MTB rider without riding a bike. It's perfect! All marketing!!!

You pay them $20,000 and they send you a bunch of pictures of "your bike" leaned against trees in the woods and chillin in various scenic locations ("your bike" is fucking sic by the way, choose from 3 epic colorwayz with matching custom decals on the fork and carbon wheels). They also supply photos of "you" shredding "your bike" kitted out with a full face and goggles and matching race PJs. All you have to do is post these photos occasionally and bam you're a mountain biker!!!

For an additional $5,000 they will even manage your social media accounts, posting photos and making comments on bike related posts with stuff like "fucking loose brah :headbang:"

Now you can be "sic" and "one of the boyz" without all that getting dirty riding bikes, or getting dirty cleaning bikes, or sweating in the woods, or crashing and getting ouchies. Personally I'm pretty excited.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It seems some info is starting to come out on the new product. According to sources, it will be a crank providing a 11.87% torque increase for any given force applied to the pedal, allegedly.

First spy shot:

(I've probably said too much...)
I like the double toothy bash, too.