Quantcast

Trust me...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
There is no product. They are going to revolutionize biking by letting you be a MTB rider without riding a bike. It's perfect! All marketing!!!

You pay them $20,000 and they send you a bunch of pictures of "your bike" leaned against trees in the woods and chillin in various scenic locations. They also supply photos of "you" shredding "your bike" kitted out with a full face and goggles and matching race PJs. All you have to do is post these photos occasionally and bam you're a mountain biker!!!
Actually, I think it was @jonKranked who proposed something similar on moarshimz.com a few years ago.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
pedals? only pedals? pfffft. you're thinking small. new standards for ALL the thread pitches and bolt diameters!!!11!!!!!!1!11!!1!
Done. I'm going full Whitworth. Not exactly new, but it will help cement Great Britain as kings of the mechanized world.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I hope it has a threaded headtube, I'd love one of those and a straight 1.5" steerer so I could get rid of my Intend Stiffmaster.

Maybe with all the extra money on board DW can just make a clone of a Giant and have some fun in court.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
and then there's this. Did I just scoop you guys with a 2 month old mag I picked up at Interbike and finally looked at.?

i have to say, a rather odd review.
esker p1.jpg
esker p2.jpg
eskerbike p3.jpg

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Seems pretty obvious tbh. I can;'t believe nobody has mentioned it yet.

Linkage forks boys, linkage forks. Telescoping is teh sukzor, and we need forks that don't bob when we pedal and don't need to run LSC to compensate. And they're gonna be ultra plush. Then, in another 10 years, we can realize that we don't run LSC for pedaling, and start bringing it back in a "linkage fork! now, with LSC"

Sometimes you people are slow.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Linkage forks boys, linkage forks. Telescoping is teh sukzor, and we need forks that don't bob when we pedal and don't need to run LSC to compensate. And they're gonna be ultra plush. Then, in another 10 years, we can realize that we don't run LSC for pedaling, and start bringing it back in a "linkage fork! now, with LSC"

Someone’s been reading the amp special on Pinkbike. I did already say suspension ;)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

I think you are on to it here, years ago everyone decided that 2:1 was stupid for the back end because break away force was increased and shaft speed was too high, a 1:1 fork is obviously going to be twice as bad!
Maybe a second shock for vertical movement so we can huck comfortably? It's not fun on slack bikes as they are no good for vertical impacts.
#makehuckinggreatagain

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Someone’s been reading the amp special on Pinkbike. I did already say suspension ;)
I don't know what amp special is on pinkbike, but I believe you that its a thing! And come on... You can't claim "first" for saying "suspension" thats way to vague! That's like saying "I got a big scoop guys... it's going to be related to them trying to sell something possibly. It might even be bicycle related!"

I'm claiming first for claiming that its a linkage fork. You read it here first. Not from that dump guy. He don't know nuthin.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I think they already have those somewhere in the darker corners of bearded MTBR.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Bummer about Alta... they looked cool.

MX is quickly becoming a spectator sport though. I was in Moab a couple weekends ago, and I think I saw one 2 wheeler.