Quantcast

Trust me...

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
You know, that's just what I was thinking. I don't know necessarily what DW would add to what seems to be a mature project, but the Schiers dude is carbon wizard, so I could see him in on it.

That bike got rave reviews for performance over on Pinkbike, but the tester, probably rightly too, seemed to think it looked too weird to grab mainstream traction. I've always though though that if I was gonna go the single bike/quiver killer route, something like that would have to be it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
read: expensive electric motorcycles not selling huge amounts if you can get chinese electric motorcycles like the sur-ron for way less
Never heard about sur Ron until this moment, but they look like e-fat mtbs :)

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Definitely sounds like components. From their site FAQ - "Any product in original new condition with original materials, packaging, and hangtags can be returned within 90 days of purchase for a full refund. Give us a call to initiate free return shipping from the U.S." They also talk about "releasing their first solution soon". Not verbage that sounds like bikes/frames.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Definitely sounds like components. From their site FAQ - "Any product in original new condition with original materials, packaging, and hangtags can be returned within 90 days of purchase for a full refund. Give us a call to initiate free return shipping from the U.S."
hangtags is used for clothing. that they are already selling.

my guess is one of 3 categories:

-a new frame / suspension design
-a new suspension component (shock and or fork)
-components, most likely drivetrain, possibly a gearbox (i think this is a wildcard though).

my best bet would be carbon frame given who is currently listed as involved and they are already working with manufacturers in taiwan.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Wow, a Predator bike! Will be tough to find it in the parking lot when you don't exactly remember where you left it. Oh well, a lot of folks on Specialized or Trek can relate to it.

first official product shot (from their fb):

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Who makes carbon frames in Taiwan?
citizens of the R.O.C. who are strangely not subject to their laws or communism even though living on an island owned by aforementioned R.O.C.

who are paid good money and live in a democracy that is a U.S. ally and whose goods are not subject to these tariffs.

it's a strange world. Chinese Taipei Olympic team.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
citizens of the R.O.C. who are strangely not subject to their laws or communism even though living on an island owned by aforementioned R.O.C.

who are paid good money and live in a democracy that is a U.S. ally and whose goods are not subject to these tariffs.

it's a strange world. Chinese Taipei Olympic team.
So Taiwan will be having a boom at the moment?

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
So Taiwan will be having a boom at the moment?
definitely a lot of noise about shifting production back to Taiwan, infrastructure, factories and knowledge there, as well as exploiting (do I mean exploiting?) Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia 3rd and 4th world countries where the minimum wage is actually less than China and there are no tariffs.

Because, you know, cheap wins everything.

I'm heading over next week. A little worried my meager order will lose a little priority....

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
My friend that worked at Showa for almost 10 years has told me a few times. All the stuff the MTB engineers bring to the table as new and inventive has been done on the MX scene numerous times over. If this is a suspension product and it has a single shaft shock or twin leg fork I would be "shocked" if this still isn't the case.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
My friend that worked at Showa for almost 10 years has told me a few times. All the stuff the MTB engineers bring to the table as new and inventive has been done on the MX scene numerous times over. If this is a suspension product and it has a single shaft shock or twin leg fork I would be "shocked" if this still isn't the case.
this sounds just a little elitist. Like when people say everything is as dialed as it gets.

Not saying this hasn't been the case, but come on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so basically "simpsons did it"?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Not that I'm actively thinking about it, but I had a dream about this last night. It was a bike, it looked a bit like a streamlined Pong cannondale w/ different wheels and actually working. You heard it here first!

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
he couldn’t talk about it other than “very different” than what is out there.
Or suspension?
-a new suspension component (shock and or fork)
If these guys come out with MY idea of a polygonal steerer, I'm going to be really pissed off...
Remember, Magnetic MTB suspension is my idea!

I’ve got it! A bike with two top tubes!?!
My boss has a TI HT frame with 2 Top tubes. I don't remember the brand.
EDIT: Vassago Mooseknuckle

With one being donated to some poor fucker in AZ for a tax right off! :brows:
Right?

Last edited: