Quantcast

Trust me...

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
definitely a lot of noise about shifting production back to Taiwan, infrastructure, factories and knowledge there, as well as exploiting (do I mean exploiting?) Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia 3rd and 4th world countries where the minimum wage is actually less than China and there are no tariffs.

Because, you know, cheap wins everything.

I'm heading over next week. A little worried my meager order will lose a little priority....
Make sure there's one for me. 465mm reach in the fantastic plastic please.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My friend that worked at Showa for almost 10 years has told me a few times. All the stuff the MTB engineers bring to the table as new and inventive has been done on the MX scene numerous times over. If this is a suspension product and it has a single shaft shock or twin leg fork I would be "shocked" if this still isn't the case.
So Showa had an air sprung moto fork when my Marzoocchi Z5 was out? I didn't know that, good for them.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
oh shit. i think you nailed it.
lol, god I hope not.....although after reading a couple comments I think I agree that they've photoshopped two right legs in that image you posted, damnit, now they've got me looking way too closely at this shit...and really "Trust" Performance? ugh, what a terrible name.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
lol, god I hope not.....although after reading a couple comments I think I agree that they've photoshopped two right legs in that image you posted, damnit, now they've got me looking way too closely at this shit...and really "Trust" Performance? ugh, what a terrible name.
Now you've said too much.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What's funny about that pile of revolts is my brother had one of the originals, sold it about 2 years ago to some guy on eBay. That bike was an absolute rock, never had one issue w/ it and it was beat on regularly. He even lost a couple hardware pieces at whistler one year (rattled loose), ran to the hardware store and rigged up a stack of washers and bolts to hold it together, held for a week like that.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sort of looks like their logo on that flat handlebar. I've always wanted a handlebar I can trust! Carbon handlebars often have trust issues.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Brake hose is the first thing I noticed, crazy! I would be lying if I said I'm not super interested to see what they have going on...Although that hose routing has me thinking some type of new linkage driven fork...:twitch:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Brake hose is the first thing I noticed, crazy! I would be lying if I said I'm not super interested to see what they have going on...Although that hose routing has me thinking some type of new linkage driven fork...:twitch:
if you look at where it the front brake hose ends, you arrive at 1 of 2 conclusions:

-it was photoshopped in
-they're using a 350mm rotor