Quantcast

Trust me...

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
wow sure sounds like you have a lack of Trust
trust then verify??? Wait...verify then trust??

The whole thing seems pretty weird. The big hype in the beginning. The long wait for a review that.....I have to say, I would not like if it was for my product..

When was the last time there was so much hype? With such disappointing or at least disparate reviews?

Sorry. it shouldn't be "it's the best thing ever, unless you hate it"

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Lots of people at work say "trust, but verify", to which I say, "but if you have to verify, then you don't really trust".

Anyway, isn't it time for another inverted fork to come on the market?

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
trust then verify??? Wait...verify then trust??

The whole thing seems pretty weird. The big hype in the beginning. The long wait for a review that.....I have to say, I would not like if it was for my product..

When was the last time there was so much hype? With such disappointing or at least disparate reviews?

Sorry. it shouldn't be "it's the best thing ever, unless you hate it"
This is why we need @Sandwich to hire and review the fork. Objective review from a journeyman for the rest of us.

Should we do a "pass the hat around" thing since the shirts have kinda fizzled?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had two riders both with Trust forks ride past my wife and I while we were walking the dog shaped object a couple of weeks ago. They were on a trail we ride on rigid 29er's so I'm sure the expensive forks were helping them shred gnar.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Not all USD forks are created equally. I don't have the numbers for dual crowns but the Intend Edge is 17,3 Nm/° in torsional stiffness while the CRconception Fore (http://www.crconception.com/FORE-SC/) is 37,7Nm/°.
For reference a Pike is 35,3 and the trusty Fox 36 is 25,3Nm/°. The Lyrik/Yari is 38,6Nm/°.
CRconception forks have bushings at the bottom of the upper legs and at the top of the stanchions/lower legs, see animation in the link above. This and probably other things increases the torsional rigidity.

Disclaimer: some people might be upset by the numbers for the Fox 36. The numbers are for a 160mm 15mm axle fork around 2-3 years ago. There is very little room for error of measurement since several models yield the same kind of results over the year and similar numbers can be found from Fox themselves (I just don't know where).
There is just quite a difference between measured and perceived torsional stiffness. I have ridden the same bike with both a 36 and a Yari and would say that the 36 is just a tiny bit stiffer than the Yari. There is a long way between the front tire contact patch and your hands on the handlebars so that the torsional stiffness of the fork alone, once above a certain level, might not be the most important property. The damping and spring curves are quite likely to blur our perception of torsional stiffness.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Oh I know.

Home-CNC'd or home-printed, either way we don't need this.
Come on, really?
You no like innovation, outside the box thinking, or just weird nutters going "what if"?
With out people playing in their garages we would still be riding this

1564170002328.png

But, as you can clearly see, the lizards have been with us from the beginning.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Come on, really?
You no like innovation, outside the box thinking, or just weird nutters going "what if"?

View attachment 135870

Reach looks pretty good. Nice, upright seat tube angle, too. Just might be hard to steer or not pummel one's crotch what with the lack of any provision for the feet.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Recreating a 90s MX fork in your garage is the opposite of innovation imo. I’m of the opinion that a new fork chassis is the last thing this industry needs.
There is maybe some development to be done on dampers, but none of that is contingent on a USD chassis.

That wooden hobby horse or whatever looks kinda fun though.

Come on, really?

View attachment 135870

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Not all USD forks are created equally. I don't have the numbers for dual crowns but the Intend Edge is 17,3 Nm/° in torsional stiffness while the CRconception Fore (http://www.crconception.com/FORE-SC/) is 37,7Nm/°.
For reference a Pike is 35,3 and the trusty Fox 36 is 25,3Nm/°. The Lyrik/Yari is 38,6Nm/°.
CRconception forks have bushings at the bottom of the upper legs and at the top of the stanchions/lower legs, see animation in the link above. This and probably other things increases the torsional rigidity.

Disclaimer: some people might be upset by the numbers for the Fox 36. The numbers are for a 160mm 15mm axle fork around 2-3 years ago. There is very little room for error of measurement since several models yield the same kind of results over the year and similar numbers can be found from Fox themselves (I just don't know where).
There is just quite a difference between measured and perceived torsional stiffness. I have ridden the same bike with both a 36 and a Yari and would say that the 36 is just a tiny bit stiffer than the Yari. There is a long way between the front tire contact patch and your hands on the handlebars so that the torsional stiffness of the fork alone, once above a certain level, might not be the most important property. The damping and spring curves are quite likely to blur our perception of torsional stiffness.
Where did you get the numbers from? How do the Boxxer and Dorado stack up?

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Where did you get the numbers from? How do the Boxxer and Dorado stack up?
The numbers are from the guy behind CRconception and from a German online article: https://www.bike-magazin.de/komponenten/federgabeln_daempfer/test-2017-enduro-mtb-federgabeln/a37289-page3.html

I have seen numbers for the Dorado and Boxxer, also on a German site, but they were measures around 10 years ago, if I remember correctly. I cannot find a link at the moment... maybe somebody here has it?

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The numbers are from the guy behind CRconception and from a German online article: https://www.bike-magazin.de/komponenten/federgabeln_daempfer/test-2017-enduro-mtb-federgabeln/a37289-page3.html

I have seen numbers for the Dorado and Boxxer, also on a German site, but they were measures around 10 years ago, if I remember correctly. I cannot find a link at the moment... maybe somebody here has it?
wrong thread. missing link discussion is over here...

:D
and on-topic, it's been a while since we read about this fork, so I thought I'd revive it: https://bikerumor.com/2019/08/28/review-trust-performances-the-message-trailing-link-suspension-fork/

(although I'll readily admit I don't care enough to actually read the article...)

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I will try the long travel version... if there is a 100% money back guarantee somehow involved.