Quantcast

Truvativ XO DH crank arms cross section pic

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I am looking for a picture of a cross section cut of Truvativ XO DH crank arms.
What I have found, so far, was the pic of 2x10 XO crank arms.

Help, anyone?

Thx in advance

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
arent they pretty much the exact same thing? the dh just has the single spider rather than the 2x10 spider - and the dh comes in red which isnt nearly as cool as the chrome/silver all mountain XOs

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
arent they pretty much the exact same thing? the dh just has the single spider rather than the 2x10 spider - and the dh comes in red which isnt nearly as cool as the chrome/silver all mountain XOs
Well, this is exactly what I want to know... regular XO has got pedal and axle inserts. The arm is hollow, filled with "foam". Is there anything that makes DH version stronger?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dude it's carbon, it's perfectly fine, don't you know that? Especially in areas where it'll be under constant abuse, like scratches from rocks. Besides, SRAM has the best QC in the industry. They'll look great on your 28lb DH bike.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Raceface SixC are lighter. Are they also generally suspected to be stronger? I'm considering a set to replace my 5 year old Gravity Lights which were supposed to be an easily bent crank that's been fine under me so I guess even when I land one footed I'm easy on cranks.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've just came back from week in Sanremo, where I saw 2 sets of XO DH crankset which have been abused for nearly 2 seasons by 2 very fast riders.
Both claimed there have been no issues at all.
Cranks were pretty scratched with no traces of more serious damages.
My concerns about lack of strength and resistance are smaller.
RF SixC are much more expensive and seem not to be popular among DHers.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I have been riding those cranks on my DH bike without issues. However, I do have one foot that likes to rub cranks raw so I am starting to wonder if I should find some more of the protective plastic sheet that wore off in a few days.

SCARY

Not long enough
I've just came back from week in Sanremo, where I saw 2 sets of XO DH crankset which have been abused for nearly 2 seasons by 2 very fast riders.
Both claimed there have been no issues at all.
Cranks were pretty scratched with no traces of more serious damages.
My concerns about lack of strength and resistance are smaller.
RF SixC are much more expensive and seem not to be popular among DHers.
They're also lighter .But,I haven't seen several pics of broken ones,like the SRAM cranks.Im sure they're out there,just haven't seen them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The RF SixC rubber end caps fit the XOs, too.
They have helped keep my buddies XO crank ends relatively unscathed over the past year.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
The RF SixC rubber end caps fit the XOs, too.
They have helped keep my buddies XO crank ends relatively unscathed over the past year.
Anyone know where to find those?

edit: found 'em. you have to search for "boots".

Last edited: