Quantcast

Truvative FireX SS Cranks

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sq-Earl has had a lot of problems with his loosening up? Anyone have any experience with these or similar problems? I'm also looking for a Customer Service contact (e-mail or phone). Thanks!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I've owned 3 Truvativ cranks over the years and the only one I didn't have this problem with was the one with the square-taper BB.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I have friends who have had the same problem and some who swear by the cranks. Seems to me it may be a quality assurance issue at Truvativ.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i ve heard that with some of the truvativ cranks, stylos in particular, that truvativ recommends torquing to spec, then undoing the bolt... then re torque for a second time...

this is before riding them... maybe of little help to you now... possibly worth a try tho...

good luck

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Stylos have this problem as evidenced by the crank arm on the bike Keith was riding this weekend falling off a few times during the race! DOH!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
i ve heard that with some of the truvativ cranks, stylos in particular, that truvativ recommends torquing to spec, then undoing the bolt... then re torque for a second time...

this is before riding them... maybe of little help to you now... possibly worth a try tho...

good luck

We tried this and we'll see if it works.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I had the non-drive crank (Holzfeller) on my ride fall off over the weekend. Lost the damn bolt and had to one-foot-it all the back to the trail head. Not fun. At all.