Quantcast

Trying to figure out my camera

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Just a couple of pics from the other night....Ive never taken any photography classes or anything so i am just learning as i go along....just started shooting with this camera with the stock/kit lens its a Canon 20d I picked up cheap. Any critiques are welcome. I had to put them on photobucket so the quality might not be good...i dont know anything about where to host photos. Sorry.

North Carolina Stars

North Carolina Stars with Semi and Car

George Wash. Parkway and Wash Monument

Plane taking off at Reagan national airport

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Man after posting them the Resolution went to crap...sorry they look better than what is shown. I guess photobucket does reduce the resolution of them.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Yeah the first two shots posted were without any sort of tripod...just camera layed on the ground (it was also 26 degrees out) so i admittedly wasnt paying real close attention to how level the camera was. Thanks for the input Ill pay more attention to that. Any other tips or anything?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Get the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. I learned a lot reading that book. I'll have to go through it again and learn more.

Mostly, just get out and shoot. Look at your pictures like they are someone elses, and critique them. This will make you a better photographer. Join a camera club. Ask lots of questions. Most photographers like to share their what they know.