Quantcast

Trying to *Follow* My Dream.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
as i mentioned before, ill be swiping one of these up asap and another if you do Ti and or copper run as well

edit: and if you can get a Compliance knife on the cheap for me , ill buy three wallets :banana:
I know Yoni, but not really well. I might be able to work something out with him. You talking Ti and Copper for the actual wallet? I'm already setup to do a run of full Ti wallets, machined from 1/2" plate. I have a few blanks already but will be waiting to see the demand before tracking down materials. It is not cheap...

Now you just have to machine some fancy pants Ridemonkey headtube badges :busted:
I'm already doing to be doing some waterjet work for the wallets so might be able to add some stuff in.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I know Yoni, but not really well. I might be able to work something out with him. You talking Ti and Copper for the actual wallet? I'm already setup to do a run of full Ti wallets, machined from 1/2" plate. I have a few blanks already but will be waiting to see the demand before tracking down materials. It is not cheap...
i know you mentioned that you arent super close with Yoni so i was just kinda joking....that is unless you can hook it up!
yeah, id be interested in a Ti or copper wallet as well as one of the first batch of aluminum ones. i think a patina'd copper one would be pretty cool!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
i know you mentioned that you arent super close with Yoni so i was just kinda joking....that is unless you can hook it up!
yeah, id be interested in a Ti or copper wallet as well as one of the first batch of aluminum ones. i think a patina'd copper one would be pretty cool!
Yea, the ti ones are happening. They are listed. I would have to do some fishing on copper, but may be able to add in the campaign. I know you can always change pledges all the way up until the campaign ends. I've done it multiple times for different things, since they don't actually charge you until it ends.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
brushed with matte clear would be a good finish
The clear ones right now are tumbled and then ano. I actually did a brush finish tester. It wasn't worth the extra work for the finished product. 99% of people wouldn't notice a difference between the tumbled.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I did straight tumbled, brushed, walnut shell polished and full polished. The regular tumbled sort of matte finish ano versions seemed to be the most popular.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's awesome. I am pretty much self taught in my skillsets (I learned very little getting my BSCS, that was all self taught as well). There is something cool about figuring stuff out. When I bought my welder, I had seen it done, but had never pulled the trigger. I just went for it on a bunch of scrap after watching some youtubes and for as little as I do it, I'm not too bad.

I hope to have a shop some day soon and I will get a mill and some proper metal tools. It is always a resource issue. :rofl:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Can you do Ridemonkey Green? I want that. How about etching the Ridemonkey Logo into the side?
If we get a little group together, I could do a batch of Ridemonkey green or close in Cerakote. I would need a minimum of 10 to get a reasonable price on the coating. Should be able to have the logo etched as well. I can do this off of Kickstarter if we have enough interest.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
So bad ass.
im loving the slim wallet idea. looks great for business cards too (yes, some of us still use them).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If we get a little group together, I could do a batch of Ridemonkey green or close in Cerakote. I would need a minimum of 10 to get a reasonable price on the coating. Should be able to have the logo etched as well. I can do this off of Kickstarter if we have enough interest.
How about a Ruxx version? :think:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You need to take a picture of you beaning someone in the head with one.

Or photoshop one in place of the ball in this pic. :rofl:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Thanks for the support fellas! Some pretty Ti:

Finished version for a friend with 'Sasha' grey finish that my buddy uses on knife handles. Brass buckle, hand machined.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Is it too late for a procrastinator to get in?

Went to your kickstarter page and it was closed...

Would buy any color at $40 pricing (leaning to hard gray)

Thanks in advance...