Quantcast

Trying to plan Dates for 3 Super D races in the South.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Ok guys I am trying to plan 3 Super D races at Paris Mt. in Greenville SC somewhere between March and May. What other race dates have been set? I know Dark Mt. in NC is having 3 Super D's as well. I just don't want to make these races back to back or the same weekend. Plus I don't want to put races in the mid of DH season.

Thoughts?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
May 12 - Massanutten.
Thanks man, I have killed that date.

I am looking around:
1st race
March 10th or 11th
March 24th or 25th
2nd race
April 14th or 15th
April 21st or 22nd
3rd race
April 28th or 29th
May 5th or 6th

These dates follow the Dark Mt. Super D races. So you could go to a Super D race almost every weekend from March till May. This will help a lot of the guys get ready for the reall DH season.

The other thing I would like to know from racers do you want this to be a NORBA or Non NORBA race? If so it can qualify as the SC Championship Super D Race series.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
NORBA isn't dead yet in terms of regional racing. Nationals may be suffering due to payouts, but you'll more likely get a very large XC conversion contingent if you have NORBA credo since it would land on their calenders, etc, etc.

If not you can use the exact same insurance company that NORBA uses minus the NORBA branding for virtually the same money.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
NORBA isn't dead yet in terms of regional racing. Nationals may be suffering due to payouts, but you'll more likely get a very large XC conversion contingent if you have NORBA credo since it would land on their calenders, etc, etc.

If not you can use the exact same insurance company that NORBA uses minus the NORBA branding for virtually the same money.
We are looking to put most of the money we make off the race back into the park for new trails to be built. There will be a payout to the Pros. Still no details on that. We are going to meet Jan 2nd to finalize things.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Clemson is planning on holding a race, the only problem with setting a date is that we never know how much help we are gonna get on workdays so its anyones guess how much longer its gonna take us. I guess we will just have to schedule our race around other races.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Clemson is planning on holding a race, the only problem with setting a date is that we never know how much help we are gonna get on workdays so its anyones guess how much longer its gonna take us. I guess we will just have to schedule our race around other races.
What kind of race? Super D?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
What kind of race? Super D?
Yeah pretty much our trail has one flat spot in it but its only about 100 yards. The trail as it sits right now is about 60% but my goal is still to have it race ready by march. So if we had an event we were thinking late march or early april. Im gonna have to write up all the southern+VA race dates and plan it around those.

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
hey cecil,
I'm totally into the super d thing--please let me know how I can help--take care--andy devault

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Yeah pretty much our trail has one flat spot in it but its only about 100 yards. The trail as it sits right now is about 60% but my goal is still to have it race ready by march. So if we had an event we were thinking late march or early april. Im gonna have to write up all the southern+VA race dates and plan it around those.
60% is a little generous. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but all the more reason to get some local monkeys out there for workdays!

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
Cecil, sounds great bro! merry christmas. How is your wife doing? when is her due date. let s try to hook up sometime after the holidays--andy

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Are you gonna run it to the lake or down the other side? I think to the picnic area from the top would be good, give the guys with big bikes half a chance too.
It will be ran down both sides for different races and dates. It will be a mix of 80% downhill and 20% cross country. Runs should be around the 10min to 12min mark.