MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I travel multiple times per week, always the 6:05am flight from SFO to SAN or LAX. I am familiar with most of the security personnel who are there that early.

I intentionally wear tight skivvies (vs. my boxers) on days I am flying, because I will not go through the xray machine. If I am forced into a pat down, I am getting undressed in the open and simply stating "come touch my balls". I am a 6'4" tall, overweight white male in a suit. I travel multiple times a week, and it is quite clear that I am a business traveler. Due to this, I refuse to be subject to both x-rays and the intimidation that comes along with a pat down.

I have far less shame than desire to maintain my 4th amendment rights. If they want to take my rights away, I am going to make it so awkward for everyone involved that hopefully the agents think about pulling me out for a pat down again.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just saw this on Drudge:

http://www.examiner.com/county-political-buzz-in-san-diego/tsa-airport-screeners-gone-wild-san-diego-again

Failure to complete the security process, yet TSA would not screen him while wearing his underwear only. this is not about security, but intimidation.

This guys is the same guy (lawyer, iirc) who sued San Diego and won regarding open container laws. The can of worms is starting to open, and it's opening fast. I wonder how long it's going to be until there is a violent incident initiated by the TSA, or until someone loses it around their child being 'screened' (or molested) and beats the holy isht out of the screening officer. I can see the crossfire of lawsuits assault and battery on one side, sexual assault of a minor on the other.

Here's another:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Just saw this on Drudge:
*Whew* thank god we have a president with a (D) after his name so that the righties can finally start getting upset about the airport bullsh!t we've had to go through for the past 10 years. Although I'm a little amused at all of this, since it's primarily in response to the whole "OMFG, Obama's responsible for the underwear bomber terrorist attack!!!" that the right was drumming up a year ago. Guess what, righties, you want to blow something out of proportion, and claim that Obama was responsible, you have to suffer the consequences when measures are put in place to deal with that threat...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My desktop @ work:

found this the other day and had a good LOL:

As someone who not only travels regularly, but actually works at an airport, I must say the whole thing is a farce. Its all about the illusion of security, the sheep must feel safe, whether or not they actually are. I take Jokers side on this, if were gonna do the whole pat down-strip search-impropriety thing, were doing right out in the open. I spent seven weeks in a hospital, my sense of modesty left the building a long time ago. If were going to this I'm gonna make TSA uncomfortable. I know there are mechanics in ORD who wear jumpsuits, and nothing else, who are just waiting to be screened. :rofl:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

:rofl: :rofl:

More here: http://cartoonblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/18/5487971-my-favorite-intrusive-body-scanner-cartoons

Breast Cancer survivor forced to remove prosthesis.
Fvcking disgusting, this sh/ts gone too far. I hope the whole opt out protests around thanks giving brings travel to a fvcking screeching halt. The only way to stop this insanity is to make problems for the airlines, when big business starts getting hurt because no one wants to fly, only then will this farcical security BS get addressed by the government.

some male flyers plan to arrive at nearby airports on Nov. 24 wearing kilts but no underwear. Others are vowing “nude protests” inside local terminals and some demonstrators say they will show up at security checkpoints with “lingerie models” in tow — perhaps creating an angry yet circus-like atmosphere among the milling crowds.
Awesome.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
*Whew* thank god we have a president with a (D) after his name so that the righties can finally start getting upset about the airport bullsh!t we've had to go through for the past 10 years. Although I'm a little amused at all of this, since it's primarily in response to the whole "OMFG, Obama's responsible for the underwear bomber terrorist attack!!!" that the right was drumming up a year ago. Guess what, righties, you want to blow something out of proportion, and claim that Obama was responsible, you have to suffer the consequences when measures are put in place to deal with that threat...
This is not an Obama issue. this is a constitutional rights issue.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There is a HUGE difference between metal scanners, and scanners which bombard your person with x-rays. The same with a pat down to the current extent of what the TSA has moved towards.

I have no problems with acknowledging that I voted for Obama, for 2 reasons: Palin scares the isht out of me, and Obama positioned himself as a constitutional scholar who would uphold it. He has done more to limit second and fourth amendment rights than GWB.
I have been a staunch Democrat until this mid-term election cycle. I care not whether you are a Democrat or Republican. If you are a career politician, or one who propagates the expansion of govt bureaucracy, I am against you.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
There is a HUGE difference between metal scanners, and scanners which bombard your person with x-rays. The same with a pat down to the current extent of what the TSA has moved towards.

I have no problems with acknowledging that I voted for Obama, for 2 reasons: Palin scares the isht out of me, and Obama positioned himself as a constitutional scholar who would uphold it. He has done more to limit second and fourth amendment rights than GWB.
I have been a staunch Democrat until this mid-term election cycle. I care not whether you are a Democrat or Republican. If you are a career politician, or one who propagates the expansion of govt bureaucracy, I am against you.
You really don't get the irony (aka, hypocrisy) in the fact that all the right-wingers who were claiming that the TSA "failed" last Christmas day, are the same ones bitching about the procedures put into place to prevent something like that happening again, do you?

Metal detectors won't pick up explosives hidden in your underwear. A normal pat-down won't reveal explosives hidden in your underwear. If bringing a small amount of explosives in your underwear is such a HUGE DEAL (like all the right-wingers were claiming), then STFU about policies put into place to combat it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if they want to pat me down.....i'm just going to scream really loud "best hand job EVER!" when they are done.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
The obvious solution is for TSA to only hire security personnel responsible for pat downs who look like Sofia Vergara.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
I travel multiple times per week, always the 6:05am flight from SFO to SAN or LAX. I am familiar with most of the security personnel who are there that early.

I intentionally wear tight skivvies (vs. my boxers) on days I am flying, because I will not go through the xray machine. If I am forced into a pat down, I am getting undressed in the open and simply stating "come touch my balls". I am a 6'4" tall, overweight white male in a suit. I travel multiple times a week, and it is quite clear that I am a business traveler. Due to this, I refuse to be subject to both x-rays and the intimidation that comes along with a pat down.

I have far less shame than desire to maintain my 4th amendment rights. If they want to take my rights away, I am going to make it so awkward for everyone involved that hopefully the agents think about pulling me out for a pat down again.
You're alright!
Although I do feel that I pay enough to fly that I enjoy the free feel-up thrown in as a bonus. Not quite a happy ending, but what is? really?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Metal detectors won't pick up explosives hidden in your underwear. A normal pat-down won't reveal explosives hidden in your underwear.
Wait until they catch (or miss) a cavity bomber - full body cavity search upgrade - body scanners don't work for that. Dogs would probably work for items that show up both on scanners and cavity searches but they are low-tech/cheap/non invasive nature doesn't appeal to TSA's security theater goal and doesn't line the pockets of the TSA's friends.

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Fvcking disgusting, this sh/ts gone too far. I hope the whole opt out protests around thanks giving brings travel to a fvcking screeching halt. The only way to stop this insanity is to make problems for the airlines, when big business starts getting hurt because no one wants to fly, only then will this farcical security BS get addressed by the government.
There is only one problem with this: A plane leaves at it's scheduled time, no matter how many people " miss" it. While they have been spending time opting out, the plane will have left. with no refund. Then they must schedule a 2nd flight at more $$. Who wins there? Not the protesters, that's for sure.
No matter how late they are for their turkey, the TSA dick still gets to "probe" them all, after all..

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
Just hold in a really bad mexican food/Guinness fart until the pat down begins. If someone's going to screw with my day, better believe I'm going to screw with yours.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
There is only one problem with this: A plane leaves at it's scheduled time, no matter how many people " miss" it. While they have been spending time opting out, the plane will have left. with no refund. Then they must schedule a 2nd flight at more $$. Who wins there? Not the protesters, that's for sure.
No matter how late they are for their turkey, the TSA dick still gets to "probe" them all, after all..
Nope. The airline will hold the plane if the passengers are stuck in security. It'll just delay through the system. I flew last year on Dec 26th, and that's what happened.

I bet this is all gone by Tuesday...the airlines must be ****ting themselves right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I intentionally wear tight skivvies (vs. my boxers) on days I am flying,..... I am going to make it so awkward for everyone involved that hopefully the agents think about pulling me out for a pat down again.
just dress like this....

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
If people aren't buying tickets in the first place this isn't an issue. Just to point out, my livelihood is directly tied to the performance of majors like United and Delta, and I'm encouraging people to not fly. Thats how retarded this whole thing is. I rarely agree with Joker on political issues but I think he's right on this one, this is a 4th amendment issue. Never mind the fact that it doesn’t work and costs the tax payer millions of dollars. The first TSA asshat who tries to radiate or grope my daughter next time I fly with the family is going to get punched in the nuts.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Nope. The airline will hold the plane if the passengers are stuck in security. It'll just delay through the system. I flew last year on Dec 26th, and that's what happened.
Not sure which airline that is, but I've had airlines not even hold the plane for a connecting flight WHEN THEY WERE AT FAULT FOR THE FIRST FLIGHT BEING DELAYED. My 1st flight was delayed, so I ran across the Detroit terminal to my connecting flight, only to arrive at the gate with the plane still sitting there but "the door had closed". WTF!!!! I was ready to reach across the counter and strangle the Delta representative........

So I get to spend the night in Detroit, and miss a day of riding during the US Open. And of course my luggage made the connecting flight, so I was stuck without any change of clothes. Airlines can curl up and die for all I care. :rant:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Not sure which airline that is, but I've had airlines not even hold the plane for a connecting flight WHEN THEY WERE AT FAULT FOR THE FIRST FLIGHT BEING DELAYED. My 1st flight was delayed, so I ran across the Detroit terminal to my connecting flight, only to arrive at the gate with the plane still sitting there but "the door had closed". WTF!!!! I was ready to reach across the counter and strangle the Delta representative........

So I get to spend the night in Detroit, and miss a day of riding during the US Open. And of course my luggage made the connecting flight, so I was stuck without any change of clothes. Airlines can curl up and die for all I care. :rant:
You have to understand, the entire plane was in the security line. That was a slowdown...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Word about the San Diego guy who stripped is hitting the major (non-drudge, SD news) news channels. It completely undermines the logic that this is for safety...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so let's review and recap:

Touching little boys:

Priests: not ok
Airline Security: ok.

once this gets out there's gonna be a shortage of priests

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just hold in a really bad mexican food/Guinness fart until the pat down begins. If someone's going to screw with my day, better believe I'm going to screw with yours.
glad i'm not the only one who thought of this. And make sure you don't shower prior to travelling.

make a pit stop at chipotle

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Word about the San Diego guy who stripped is hitting the major (non-drudge, SD news) news channels. It completely undermines the logic that this is for safety...
Quote of the day regarding this from the San Diego news station:

People claim that the war creates more terrorists abroad.

How many domestic terrorists are the TSA trying to create?
I almost feel like going in for OT on Wednesday just to head over to the terminal and watch the chaos unfold.